User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Kids also comprehend the english language.

Yes I am aware of that.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Well I never had to flick any of my employees on the head or tap them on the hand mainly because they were adults and could comprehend the english language. LOL

oh can i please? pretty please!!! lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    oh can i please? pretty please!!! lol

I said I never flicked them or hit them on the hand, doesn't mean I didn't do something else. Mwuahahahahahaha

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Yes I am aware of that.
    But that was the reason that was being used to justify the flicking, tapping and biting of a child. That they do not understand.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

But that was the reason that was being used to justify the flicking, tapping and biting of a child. That they do not understand.
    I think that a few people have said that they tried to use a combination of physical and verbal correction. It's up to the individual what to do. Just because you don't support it doesn't mean it's wrong. Even "professionals" in child development disagree when it comes to this topic.

Some people consider time-out in chairs excessive, some people go for the "naughty chair" method and yes some people spank. I personally never used the word "no" with my first one because hearing it 100 times a day becomes redundant. There are countless ways to discipline children.

I think the o.p. probably has heard enough by now. LOL

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I think what you're misunderstanding is that people aren't using these 'methods' as "CORRECTION" but more a form of conditioning. BF Skinner had the right idea, just the wrong methods. There's no right or wrong way of doing things unless it's abusive. There's a major difference between whacking a child for not behaving and a little flick or tap to get them to understand.

On the flip side, I don't believe in parenting by saying, "Come on now Little Johnny, you know it upsets Mummy when you do that" when you're in the middle of a grocery store and the kid throws a fit because you said no to buying cookies. That's a kid that's going to push and push for boundaries and never fully understand as no repercussions come for his actions.

No one here mentioned 'punishing' or 'scolding' a child for the biting or any other behavior for that matter. Ideas were exchanged in a friendly positive manner meant to try to be helpful. Having denigrated EVERYONE who posted on here like you were the Master Child Psychologist is, in my opinion, wrong. Keeping in mind psychology is the only pseudo-science that's yet to evolve since Freud. *shrug*

Try being a little more open-minded and tolerant of other people. Trust me, we aren't all the ogres you've made us out to be. Some of us are actually even kind of cool *nods approvingly* Uh-huh, I tell ya we are!
    Last edited by MercyEhm; Tue, Jul 6th, 2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MercyEhm View Post
    I think what you're misunderstanding is that people aren't using these 'methods' as "CORRECTION" but more a form of conditioning. BF Skinner had the right idea, just the wrong methods. There's no right or wrong way of doing things unless it's abusive. There's a major difference between whacking a child for not behaving and a little flick or tap to get them to understand.

On the flip side, I don't believe in parenting by saying, "Come on now Little Johnny, you know it upsets Mummy when you do that" when you're in the middle of a grocery store and the kid throws a fit because you said no to buying cookies. That's a kid that's going to push and push for boundaries and never fully understand as no repercussions from from actions.

No one here mentioned 'punishing' or 'scolding' a child for the biting or any other behavior for that matter. Ideas were exchange in a friendly positive manner meant to try to be helpful. Having denigrated EVERYONE who posted on here like you were the Master Child Psychologist is, in my opinion, wrong. Keeping in mind psychology is the only pseudo-science that's yet to evolve since Freud. *shrug*

Try being a little more open-minded and tolerant of other people. Trust me, we aren't all the ogres you've made us out to be. Some of us are actually even kind of cool *nods approvingly* Uh-huh, I tell ya we are!
    Thank you for your post! Couldn't have said it any better myself, honestly!

Now, excuse me while I go tap my son on the fingers for pulling the dog's tail!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

ummm hell yeah we are!!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nadiabreckon View Post
    Thank you for your post! Couldn't have said it any better myself, honestly!

Now, excuse me while I go tap my son on the fingers for pulling the dog's tail!
    uhm... is it cruel to let him grab the dog's tail and have the dog bark loudly at him so he learns to NOT do it again?

*runs*

I'm laughing so hard I need a Huggies

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

uhm... is it cruel to let him grab the dog's tail and have the dog bark loudly at him so he learns to NOT do it again?

*runs*

oh man ... what a line

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Kids also comprehend the english language.
    sometimes i feel that's highly debatable ... lol

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

*runs*

Hehehe, I'm not sure...I guess some people would associate that with "verbal abuse"...lol...

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nadiabreckon View Post
    Hehehe, I'm not sure...I guess some people would associate that with "verbal abuse"...lol...
    LMAO @ verbal abuse

That's it, Huggies won't cut it! Anyone wanna trade me a coupon for Depends?

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

LMAO @ verbal abuse

That's it, Huggies won't cut it! Anyone wanna trade me a coupon for Depends?

I might have some Poise coupons, will those do?! Lol...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information