User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Review time!!!

Today I will review three different types of pads for all the ladies looking for some info without having to go spend the money to try it yourself.

After almost two years sans period (pregnancy then breastfeeding kept it at bay) I found this week that I needed to go to the dreaded feminine hygene isle and drop a small fortune on some pads. Woot! Here is how it went.

U by Kotex CleanWear Ultra Thin Regular Pads with Wings

So I know most of you got a sample of this at some point or another. I did too, but never got a chance to try them out. Well, I finally did, and I have to say that I was not a fan. It wasn't a fact of the absorbancy, because they did they job in that respect, but I found that they were stiff and bunched very easily. I have to place my pads up closer to the front of my undies than they are made to be placed. That was a big issue because the wings didn't sit right when I did that. It led to more bunching.

My other issue was the cover. I found it was itchy and it irritated my skin. After about an hour of wear I decided that it was time to ditch the rest of these pads.

I feel that these pads are really marked towards young teenage girls. The colourful packs are silly in my opinion. I also felt that the pads themselves had a little too much colour on them.

*** 3 out 5 stars

Always infinity overnight -Overnight protection

Overnight protection is a must! And I really love love love the absorbancy of these pads. They wick away moisture so quickly that it keeps your skin healthy and free of chafing. The length of these pads is great for night time, but again, I am not sold on where the wings are placed. I can't place the pad any higher in my panties to get the proper coverage that I need. The wings are not flexable enough to allow for them to be placed anywhere else. And the nighttime ones seem to bunch at the back.

In the end, if I could change the position of the wings They would be the winner in my book. But I need something that keeps my undies clean, and these just can't do that with the way they are designed.

**** 4 stars out of 5

Always Maximum Protection Ultra Thin With Flexi-Wings

The favorite by far. This one says it is designed for girls who are size 14+. I am not a size 14, but I am a size 10 and am desperate for proper coverage. Like I said earlier, I wear my pads higher in my panties, so that messes up two things. 1. The length at the back isn't where it's suposed to be anymore, affecting the coverage 2. The wings don't sit whre they are suposed to be, so they crinkle and make the pad bunch. These pads don't cause these issues!! The wings cover every inch that they are suposed to. No bunching, all flexing. And They touch each other under the panties when wraped around ensuring no sticking to your skin.

Since they cover 30% more (as per their claim) I don't lose the coverage in the back. They are super soft. The cover doesn't lift and stick to your skin and it doesn't irritate.

Absorbancy is awesome. My only issue is that they don't keep you as "fresh" as the Always infinity pads because they don't wick away moisture as fast.

**** 4 1/2 stars out of 5

Hope that helped ladies!!!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Maxi
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I also found the kotex ones to be really stiff. Not a fan

Thanks for the review

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Good review! I haven't tried the Kotex ones yet, but I really enjoyed their commercials
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've tried them all - and stick with Always Ultra with wings. Don't like the Infinity ones at all, and found the same problems with the Kotex U pads as you did.
    Gave the Stayfree a try when they started being so cheap or free with coupons - don't really like them, but I do use them occasionally.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Nobody laugh!! But the gives me a nasty diaper rash! I actually had to do buy diaper rash cream!! The only thing is that because of all those infinity coupons that were going around a while back... I have a stockpile of infinity in my basement... So I do use a couple every month and that works fine... I do love the design and how well they work n stuff... But the rash thing is just well... Kind of embarrassing!!
    Always Maximum Protection Ultra Thin With Flexi-Wings
    Is definitly my fav! Work great! Totally comfortable + NO RASHHH!!
    U by Kotex CleanWear Ultra Thin Regular Pads with Wings
    EWW you are so right about the bunching thing... I'm just glad it came out in a sample so I didn't buy them!

Thanks for the review!
    In 2010/11 I used over $7700 in coupons!
    My 2012 goal is $6000 in coupons!

:::Alee142010:::

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's awful, Alee... I didn't like the material they use on top, so I only used a few...

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Thanks for the reviews!!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks for the review.

I tried the samples that came from U by Kotex...HATED them! Awful...zero coverage. Would never buy these, glad I got the samples.

Always Infinity - I really liked these as well but I agree with you re: the wings.

The other always brand I have not tried but will in the near future.I have, however, bought the Always pantiliners for 14+ and they are awesome! Provide the best coverage of any liner out there and trust me I have tried them all LOL

Stayfree isn't too bad either....bought lots with my coupons

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I honestly love the always infinity, I cant even tell I have one on the be honest. Quite a few times I've had to check to make sure because it feels like theres nothing there haha!

I find them thin and prefer them to the always clean that I also use because the always feels "plasticy" to me lately, but I do love the wipey that comes with them.

I would love it always inifinity came with a wipey too.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kotex Maxi Pads I have used now for about a year. I was using the thinner version of Ultra, but he came to realize that Maxi team in more moisture and keep you from first.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

You might all think I'm nuts, but for light days and days when I'm at home, I love using Luna Pads. http://lunapads.com/

I heard about them years before I decided to try them. I was a little skeptical, but willing to give it a go. I bought 5 mini pads, 3 maxis, and a few liners for each. I was so pleasantly surprised! They are so soft and comfortable - it feels like you're wearing your favorite cozy flannel jammies. *L* I find them easy to care for and they are still going strong after having them for two years. I still use tampons when going to work and when out and about, but use the pads when at home. I have also saved a LOT of money on panty liners and mini pads using the Luna Pads!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

now i know what to buy...i hate pads.i only wear them in the house or in bed.i hate the feeling of wearing a diaper and maybe having someone see them under your pants...i wear the industrial grade ones..lol..the really thick ones.because they are for at home and in bed.i still have a problem (tmi?) with ruining the front of my underwear because the coverage isnt the best.so i guess i am like OP in the fact i need to put them higher up.the wings on the thick maxi's i wearwhich i believe are just always maxi pad,stick to my skin and basically dont work with anything but boy shorts..i wear bikini undies so it is hard to find ones that fit..ill try the max protection though..

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Alee142010 View Post
    Nobody laugh!! But the gives me a nasty diaper rash! I actually had to do buy diaper rash cream!! The only thing is that because of all those infinity coupons that were going around a while back... I have a stockpile of infinity in my basement... So I do use a couple every month and that works fine... I do love the design and how well they work n stuff... But the rash thing is just well... Kind of embarrassing!! ...
    I like the coverage, works well for me. But I also noticed I get a slight irritation as well.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthTreasures View Post
    You might all think I'm nuts, but for light days and days when I'm at home, I love using Luna Pads. http://lunapads.com/

I heard about them years before I decided to try them. I was a little skeptical, but willing to give it a go. I bought 5 mini pads, 3 maxis, and a few liners for each. I was so pleasantly surprised! They are so soft and comfortable - it feels like you're wearing your favorite cozy flannel jammies. *L* I find them easy to care for and they are still going strong after having them for two years. I still use tampons when going to work and when out and about, but use the pads when at home. I have also saved a LOT of money on panty liners and mini pads using the Luna Pads!

wow, those are really interesting. I had heard of the menstral cups before but did not realize there were enviromentally friendly options for pads. I will keep this in mind for when my supply of pads and tampons runs down.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Yeah it can be so hard sometimes to find maxi pads that are both comfortable and offer enough coverage. If anyone has a Rexall close by though, I have found that their store brand maxi pads are just as comfortable and work just as well as the Always, but they are much cheaper.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information