User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

I went grocery shopping today and saw that Rice Krispies were on sale @ RCSS for $2.99. I picked up a coupons from the RCSS Coupon Board:

"Save $3 WUB 3 Kellogs Cereals or Bars"

I have 3 x $1 Rice Krispies (not from RCSS) that I was planning to stack to get:

3 cereal @ $2.99 = $8.97
    minus 1 x $3 WUB3 coupon
    minus 3 x $1 Rice Krispes coupon
    = 3 cereals for $2.97 - HOT DEAL

I get to the Rice Krispies and it's LIMIT 2!!! Right underneath the Rice Krispies is more of the Save $3 WUB3 Coupon. I thought it was so mean to put $3 WUB3 coupons when it's LIMIT 2!! I know I could have bought 1 at regular price but that's at $5.99 and defeats the deal for me. BOO at you RCSS. MEAN, MEAN, MEAN!! It makes your coupon bleh
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Coupons = Little pieces of paper you get FREE from the stores, from reps and from companies (ie: Not gold)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

to RCSS for that

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Boo-urns!~
    Last edited by BCSparkyGirl; Mon, Jul 26th, 2010 at 06:59 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Awww man! I was planning to go in with that same stack, lol! BOOOO RCSS!

Coupon Ninja in Training astrid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Yeah, I know, that's happened to me before. I think there are other Kellogg's cereals on for another sale price that you could probably use as your third cereal.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think they do this on purpose..

They have done this with Heinz bean products as well..I have coupons buy 3 get 1 free then they limit the sale price to two items..

They also do it when the pricematch limiting purchase to two items so now I just go to the store with the sale as there is not purchase limit there.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelkens View Post
    I think they do this on purpose..
    I think so too, but it's such a dirty practice. I wonder how many people buy 3 cereals just to use the coupon, not realizing only 2 are at sale price.
    Coupons = Little pieces of paper you get FREE from the stores, from reps and from companies (ie: Not gold)

Deal Seeker
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Silly RCSS.

But Dana, tell me more about stacking at RCSS...

Quote Originally Posted by danam314 View Post

I have 3 x $1 Rice Krispies (not from RCSS) that I was planning to stack to get:
    Can you actually use combos of RCSS coupons and regular coupons? (This would revolutionalize the way I shop! I have so much to learn!!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kajay View Post
    Can you actually use combos of RCSS coupons and regular coupons? (This would revolutionize the way I shop! I have so much to learn!!)
    Yes, you can use 1 'coupon zone' coupon & 1 manufacturer coupon per item

Here is their exact policy:

Coupons: A customer may use more than one manufacturer's coupon up to but not exceeding the retail price of the item only if the coupon does not state limit one coupon per purchase. In the event the coupon states something along the lines of “buy xx save $xx.xx” and does not indicate any limits, one coupon needs to be presented per the number of units indicated to obtain the savings indicated.
    Both a manufacture and an in store coupon may be applied to an item - however, the combined value cannot exceed the retail price. I.e. The customer cannot receive cash back.
    Online coupons should be accepted (as long as the coupon indicates the retailer will be reimbursed); the only time an online coupon is not accepted if there is communication sent regarding possible fraudulent coupons. Please note coupons that are photocopies are not accepted.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

They use the price matching to draw people in not really being clear until you get there that you can only have two of whatever. At one store they told me they only would price match one item when they had not marked it down and I had the flyer with me.

She seemed surprized when I said "fine I do not want the other..I will go to the store where I can get the items at that price"

It was kind of like "but we are such a great store" surely you should be prepared to pay more for the exact same thing here than you can elsewhere.

I m a careful Superstore shopper as I have found not all items are cheaper and some stuff like their milk goes sour before the due date and their discounted bread molds fast unless it is refrigerated. I buy discounted bread at Safeway and it does not mold as fast.

I do buy their milk but I keep my bills and take it back if it sours before the date.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelkens View Post
    They use the price matching to draw people in not really being clear until you get there that you can only have two of whatever. At one store they told me they only would price match one item when they had not marked it down and I had the flyer with me.

She seemed surprized when I said "fine I do not want the other..I will go to the store where I can get the items at that price"

It was kind of like "but we are such a great store" surely you should be prepared to pay more for the exact same thing here than you can elsewhere.

I m a careful Superstore shopper as I have found not all items are cheaper and some stuff like their milk goes sour before the due date and their discounted bread molds fast unless it is refrigerated. I buy discounted bread at Safeway and it does not mold as fast.

I do buy their milk but I keep my bills and take it back if it sours before the date.
    Oh, good idea on the milk...I just poured out almost half a 4L milk (bought from RCSS) into the front yard (hopefully our flowers don't mind sour milk)...The expiry was July 30-_- I then bought milk from WM this week ($1.98 for 2L).

For bread, I buy from Superstore Wholesale on the south side...99c/bag for villagio and lots of other brands (bread, hotdog buns, etc)...They usually have ~3 days left on the expiry but haven't gone moldy on us

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The one thing about Superstore milk is that they have their own brand..never seen it sold in any other store so there is no way they can not say it was not from their store. They have not even required me to show the receipt as the due date is on the jug.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dana, I was at RCSS today and they have the Rice Krispies 305g box on sale for 3.28 (limit 2) and then the other varieties for 2.98 (limit 2). So with your coupon stack you would pay 3.28 for the three boxes. Not sure if they changed it recently or what!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFREEinMe View Post
    Dana, I was at RCSS today and they have the Rice Krispies 305g box on sale for 3.28 (limit 2) and then the other varieties for 2.98 (limit 2). So with your coupon stack you would pay 3.28 for the three boxes. Not sure if they changed it recently or what!
    Thank you so much for the heads up! I'll have to see what my Rice Krispies coupon covers. It's still a very good deal!

For anyone that doesn't buy flavoured Rice Krispies, check out Bulk Barn. They are cheeeeaaaap It's my new favorite store. I'm there almost everyday. They have amazing bargains!

Thread Information