User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

i've been christmas (and birthday) shopping since boxing day of last year.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am exactly like ninna and have all of my shopping basically finished before August rolls around. I save most stocking stuffers to buy during the holidays so I can still enjoy the holiday spirit at the malls but frankly, do not miss mall madness during the holidays when it comes to gift shopping. I am a big end of season sale shopper, and as soon as Christmas rolls around, I keep my eyes peeled for NEXT YEARS gift stash. I buy at half off or less, and my kids make out like bandits. I also scan online discount sites throughout the year (like amazon lightening deals, mamabargains, kiddeals, woot, etc). My next step is to have everything wrapped by mid October (which is not so bad because our new season of shows start so we chip away at it while the kids are asleep in the evenings as we watch our shows) and then we can really enjoy the Holiday season without the stress. And lastly, I use our points (airmiles, hbc) to cash in for gift cards to gift teachers and our teenage nephews.

It helps that my kids are still 6 and under and so we do not have any major IT GIFT requests going on. If those arise near December, it is not so hard to pick one up since I have not had to Christmas shop since before the summer came,lol.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

im just like Alilee73 above.. nearly done the big stuff and will look forward to 'shopping for pleasure' and stuffers when the deals start happening closer to christmas.. enjoying the music.. sounds, smells, the bazaars o my!. having saved so much all year on sales, clearance, coupons im SOO under budgets its rather scary but soo good. i can still make a few splurges and won't feel as guilty. and spend more time with my family in my home nice warm and cozy.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

I haven't even began to think about it, but I bought one of DS' xmas gift last week at TRU...a Thomas flashlight (his big boy room is going to be all trains). I am hopefully going to finish it before DH comes back from sailing at the end of October, that way he doesn't have to worry about anything.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

we got ds 2 little people tubes and the animal ville airpost. 35$ with tax and a bag for all 3 items at toys r us. and also got him a sesamestreet number flash card set for 7.99 at chapters...(we bought a 5$ gift card the day before so i would have an active gift card to transfer my 11.63 online balance onto. with the book i bought and the flash card set we spent aprox 2.50$ cash.)
    Last edited by francine1985; Sun, Sep 19th, 2010 at 10:56 AM.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

We bought our son the DSI for $109 +tx at Walmart this week. We have Christmas to think about and his birthday is Jan. 6th. So I always try to shop early.

www.ROCKWORLDEAST.com
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have started my x-mas shopping for my DD and have managed to find a few tinkerbell related gifts at reasonable prices. It's so hard for me to save them until x-mas though, I'm generally the worst at keeping surprises top secret. Does anyone know where I can find some more tinkerbell related items without breaking down and going to the disney store?

Also, my son is going to consider me the coolest mom in the world when he opens his x-mas presents. I just started working at a place called www..com where I bought him several Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeth t-shirts, I'm having the same problem not giving his stuff to him early as well.

If you're buying for anyone who listens to music www..com is worth checking out.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I got some chalk then 3d kind and the liquid kind from Crayola it reg $16.something and I got it on clearance for $5.00 and $4.00, and those $5.00 mega bloks wagon with 10 bloks in it. So that is what the nieces are getting as for the one nephew he likes trains but as i haven't seen any cheap ones yet i will have to think of something else. As for my girls so far they have the chalk, ballerina Barbie($3.00),

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Well after my layaway I get of from wallyworld, I just have to buy dd pjs a and guitar and my ds he wants a new remote control truck then I am done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information