User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    58 (98%)

just wondering if anyone shops early if they see great toy deals. I haven't gotten anything yet but i wanna get some summer toys when they go on clearence at the end of summer. Cuz i don't wanna just spend that much on big toys and overspoil her ya know? Plus you can't find summer toys in the winter.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I do that with summer toys, too.
    Best deal out there right now is ToysRUs and their two for one sale on right now on little people stuff.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

yup my sis and I stocked up for xmas and next years bday!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I got the little people deal at TRU last week and Ld had a talking kai lan doll for for $5. Her birthday is in novemeber and she will get 1 little people set and the kai lan doll for a total of $25. I am trying to cut back this year

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

I got the LP deal too, one for my DD and one for my DS, paid $36 for what would of been $90 regular.
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Im still in the "thinking of what to get people" mode.Ive been saving all my gift cards from surveys and contests to use on gifts. Last xmas I spent a fraction of what I usually do, and this year I want to do even better!! And I will be buying as many prepaid visa cards as I can with my gift cards, so Im not limited to where I can shop. Thats the plan!

Trading Score
    445 (99%)

I am about 1/2 way done. All my nieces & nephews are done (newborn - 12 years old). They are easy - everyone gets 1 outfit , & a book (I only see them once a year)
    I have 2 gifts for my 8 year old & 6 for my youngest
    Walmart has some good clearance right now (summer) Picked up a Topy Story bowling set marked down from $20 to $8 the other night.
    SWAGBUCKS!!! Earn gift cards for searching & doing surveys!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cmoody8107

Check out my Wishlist!
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/239234-cmoodys-wishlist-canada/

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

My DD's birthday is mid december, so I just finished her birthday shopping. We went with a Little Mermaid theme (she loves the music CD we have and she has red hair) and we got her an Ariel doll, Disney Princesses Board Book Set, Little Mermaid DVD, a totally cute nightgown (it's ariel and has these beautiful streamer type fabric pieces), Little Mermaid Sippy Cup, and then a few none mermaid stuff (ie, Cabbage Patch doll, Lego).

Need to get started on Christmas now though! Hoping to cash out my Pamper points and SDM points and then hit some sales.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got some great deals for DH at the Bay at clearance sales just before Christmas last year - a bath robe, undershirts, socks
    Just finished shopping for DS - his first b-day is just before Christmas. Found some great toys on clearance at Zellers - plus 30% off. Also found a Radio Flyer Ride-On Rocket for a great price in the states (not available in Canada at any stores close to us)
    Looks like Toys R Us has some great sales - will pick up some wheel pals!
    Excellent deals on some shirts for my niece at Childrens Place and at RCSS - Joe Fresh ($3 each!) and CP jeans for $3 as well!
    Just have to find some stuff for my in-laws and wait until we draw names for Secret Santa!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Am I allowed to say... I am almost done? My presents are all bought- now I just need to make one for DS and one for DH. Everyone else- finished! Oh, but I do need stalking stuffers!

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

What a great idea to start shopping now for christmas, I have never done that but am going to do it this year. Christmas is so stressful, and I make it worse on myself because I always wait for the last minute to do my shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Atlantic Superstore on Joseph Howe was just putting their stuff outside yesterday while I was there, a sure indicator that they're going to be marked down.

A couple years ago I bought a bag full of summer toys and used them as rewards for potty training for my DS. Poop on the potty, you get to pick a toy out of the bag!

Z

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yup. I've already started my Christmas shopping. lol. Seems crazy when it's August, but it sure takes the pressure off in December.

Generally, I live by the "out of season" rule to get the best deals, regardless of whether I'm shopping for Christmas or for some other purpose.

So at end of summer, I stock up summer clearance toys, patio accessories, camping gear and clothes for next year (assuming I can gauge them to fit right for 1 year from now); in late September/early October, I pick up markers and other school/art supplies for stocking stuffers when stores are trying to ditch them off at super cheap and that way I also have a back up supply for when the original "back to school" ones get depleted.

Stock up on toys in the pre-Christmas rush for Christmas because often there are killer deals at that time if you watch for them--and I usually pick up extras for birthday parties, random gifts etc. and as winter is ending, I am buying winter coats, boots, mittens, long sleeved shirts and sweaters & winter toys.

Basically, if it's an end of season clearance, I'm all over it!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ive picked up a few things, unfortunately my youngest already rooted a few out of the closet lol!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I have a few things put away too. Colouring books and crayons, books and a few small toys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information