User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DH666 View Post
    Patty's cat once brought her a dead squirrel and deposited it in the middle of her bed with it's stiff little legs sticking up in the air.
    OMG. hahahahaha. I can laugh at the horror of that because what else is there to do?

I'd forgotten this but your post triggered the memory (must've blocked it from memory to avoid the trauma), but our cat did the same thing to DH while he slept, 'cept it was a dead chipmunk she brought him. I had the worst time not totally freaking out. Did manage to keep the string of 4-letter words IN my head, rather than out of my mouth. So we took it and tossed it into the bush near our house.

We should've buried it right then, but for some reason, we didn't.

Who'd've thunk that cat would go INTO the bush and retrieve that stupid dead chipmunk in order to deposit it on the front steps?

Twice?!

Ugh. We did finally bury it and thankfully never saw it again. lol.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    I think cats play with their prey because that's how they determine if the prey is healthy or not, and therefore, whether it's safe to eat. Cats have very keen senses. We've had mice before that came staggering out from somewhere (because they ate warfarin and were looking for a drink to finish themselves off) and the cat wouldn't go near 'em--just let them wander away.

I wonder if you are right about that, my cat did the same thing once. This little mouse just crawled slowly over the floor and she just watched it. I was calling it a "suicide by cat" incident lol But I ended up having my husband kill it because the cat wouldn't go near it.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

My big tough feral (hah!) Quincy cat is terrified of anything bigger than a fruit fly, which he LOVES to catch with his paws & then pop in his mouth. Behind the window, he`s only too happy to stalk & play the big hunter with the birds in the tree below. However, once he was 5 feet away from a pigeon, giving the poor bird the evil eye...until the pigeon dared to stare back. My brave hunter then ran & hid behind me, trembling with fear.

As for keeping food safe from my little hunter, bread products are safe only in the fridge or microwave. Anything in tupperware type containers is fair game, since he`s figured out how to open all containers (& doors!).

Oh & he`s been known to bribe/threaten the dog into helping him with his cookie jar raids.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh good gracious, have seen almost, all
    of the earlier posts, fainting, from the ones i haven't.
    wimp at heart, shutting up,
    nutty enough madcat does whatever she does on the lawn,
    i have a slight idea,,,turning head as i say that,
    if you have some spare time

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

My cat fortunately doesn't eat anything he catches other than flies. Doesn't even kill it. Just brings it to the door. He was so proud and couldn't understand why he couldn't bring in the bunny.

BUT then there is my Dads one cat. Anything him or his brother catches he takes it and eats it. We were visiting this month when DH found some bloody chunks on the floor about 2 feet apart. He was sure it was a mouse, I said bird. finally he asked why I said bird. Because I was standing about 5ft away looking at the legs. Freakin disgusting. We later found a few feathers. We didn't even see him bring it in the house.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Wow these cats of ours are a fierce-some bunch!!

sarajk, your cat grabbed a bunny?? Wow he's quite accomplished!!

My cat won't eat what he catches, but he does kill them. There is like a hole under the in-laws hot water tank in the basement, and I guess mice and chipmunks get in through there because I often find them dead in the basement. Luckily all in one piece, except for that one chipmunk who's tail was laying elsewhere...yuck. The worst though was when my cat decided to leave a little baby mouse as a gift for us in the living room, and my husband stepped on it in bare feet (gross!!)

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Some of these stories sound familiar as I have 3 cats. Some are just plain gross and I am thankful that no bodies have turned up on my bed or anywhere else.. Others just made me smile and laugh this morning.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Since I've had my three cats, the oldest one (kosmo, 5) has always been the hunter. There has never been anything larger than a moth for for him to catch.

He first likes to see if he can eat the bug and usually works at that. However he is known for skinning his toys. Like those tiny toy mice that come in packs of 3, he will skin them, or even larger toy mice, he has skinned them. I don't want to know what he might do with a real mouse.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 08:00 PM.

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

a previous cat i had, when i lived out in the country, once found a whole mouse family. first he left the dead "dad" mouse at the door, then a few feet away was the dead "mom" mouse, then a few feet away was a much smaller mouse and so on and so on, leading all the way from the front door to around the side of the house and to the backyard. each mouse slowly got smaller and smaller until the last mouse was only a little naked thing, probably a day or two old.

it was absolute carnage. there was like a dozen mouse bodies! and my silly cat was SO PROUD of all this. he came and got me and walked along the dead mouse trail meowing happily.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Its a pride thing. Cats love to show off their catch then leave it someplace where their human parents will for sure find it.
    The cat I had about 8 years ago did that all the time. Not the one I have now though, she actually gags when she sees a bug on the floor(she's such a girly girl). Although she will sit and stare(and gag) at it until I pick it up(as if to say...here it is).

Either way, i love her.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lol wow. Last time we had mice was before I had a cat. I truly don't know how my usually gentle Ino(well not so gentle with her toys) would react to a roaming rodent!

Pulling a fly apart to bits sounds like a very deliberate, considered feat. I have no idea how a cat could do that!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 09:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information