User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    100 (99%)

My fiance was on Depo for two years after we had our now almost 3 yr old daughter. She stopped it last November and we became pregnant in March. She gained alot of weight, had really bad migraines. She didn't have a period after the first 2 months of being on it. She has said she'll never go back on it again.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

mirena IUD has hormones in it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

For me its the not having a husband and not having sex one sorry i'm not rly much help but its the truth

Follow me on twitter! ( I'm new so bare with me) http://twitter.com/xotigerprincess

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

i have had a different experience on depo then most it appears... i actually liked it, had no obvious side effects, some weight gain, but that could have been from me changing to walking everywhere, all across town, to driving everywhere, and never walking...

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'm another strong ANTI-depo person. I went on it in my early 20's. I took 3 shots (over 9 months) and gained almost 70lbs!

I couldn't figure out the weight, I didn't change my diet or anything, it took a friend telling me it was probably the depo so I did research and found that was a very common side effect.

I also lost my period for just over a year and half, which was not really that much of a complaint for me but the weight sure was. I was never able to lose all that I gained, I think I was able to lose about 40 lbs of it before I got pregnant with DD.

Have you thought are the patch? Maybe do some research on it. I know I was on the patch for quite a while (the one you change every week and then take 1 week off). It always worked well for me and never had any side effects.

Good luck finding what works for you

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Depo scares me! My sister was on it and she would get her period for weeks on end, and my cousin was on it and went from a size 2 to an 18 in less than a year. I also don't recommend Jasmine if its still around. I was seriously unstable on that. I was this close to seriously leaving dh, and it made my skin look so blah.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IRefuseToPayFullPrice View Post
    My gyno has never had kids so...I'm not sure she'll be helpful in personal experience advice. Is the patch a daily thing?

The patch is put on weekly, so 3 per month. I don't know anyone who's used it:p I suggest asking a female gyno in general because they would have to deal with the same issues over a man (regardless of having been pregnant or not)
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

I was on the pill, but got pregnant even when taking it on a regular schedule so that's out of the question...
    Now we are using condoms, and so far (knock on wood) we're good. We are thinking of having DH "snipped" when he comes back from sea though, because I think we're done having babies...we only have 1, but that's all we really need!
    Last edited by nadiabreckon; Fri, Sep 24th, 2010 at 06:22 AM.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I'm another one who is going to say stay far, far away from Depo. I gained so much weight, headaches, very low sex drive, my behaviour and hormones went seriously wacky enough I wondered if I had mental issues (I don't).

Right now, knowing we are done having kids, abstinence is going to be my BC until DH gets snipped. It won't be too hard between a 2 yr old and a barely 2 month old and having zip energy or time!

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Thanks for all the info everyone! No Depo for me for sure. On a side note, I was on the pill when I was in university and went from 110 lbs. to 125 in less than 6 months. On the other hand, I'd kill to be at 125 now! After having 3 kids, I'm now a size 14 but was a nicely trim size 4 when I met my husband 6 years ago.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IRefuseToPayFullPrice View Post
    Thanks for all the info everyone! No Depo for me for sure. On a side note, I was on the pill when I was in university and went from 110 lbs. to 125 in less than 6 months. On the other hand, I'd kill to be at 125 now! After having 3 kids, I'm now a size 14 but was a nicely trim size 4 when I met my husband 6 years ago.
    I gained weight on the pill (wait do boobs and a butt count???)

Easiest way to lose weight is to cut calories from your diet, refined sugars and wheats (basically anything that's empty calories and sadly, most pre-packaged foods fall into this category). Switch most beverages to water (I still have a daily coffee, but prefer coffee to cola since I can control the amount of sugar). Also, do at least 30 mins of exercise a day, whether it's walking or having a dance off with the kiddies. Gooood luck
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    The patch is put on weekly, so 3 per month. I don't know anyone who's used it:p I suggest asking a female gyno in general because they would have to deal with the same issues over a man (regardless of having been pregnant or not)
    I've used it. I loved it and had no issues with it, but I had to stop using it after I had my first child because it stopped working properly for me (I'm thinking maybe my hormones changed after having a child and messed it up?)

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

My friend is on the patch and she loves it and hasn't had any problems with it. But i've heard some people say that they're doctors didn't like the patch and wouldn't recommend it at all because of the higher level of estrogen in it.
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    I gained weight on the pill (wait do boobs and a butt count???)
    Oh they do. In a good way.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Oh they do. In a good way.
    Is this what you mean??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information