User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Ok, well I'll start by saying that pills don't work for me. I'll probably take 4 out of 7 in a week. So scratch that. No condoms either. IUDs can apparently have pretty serious complications, so I'm thinking of getting the shot (Depo?). Does anyone have any feedback on this?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

*sigh* I have the exact same problems.
    But I was warned about Depo by a few friends..so I'm thinking I'm out of luck, until we're 100% done having kids.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm told Depo is baaaad stuff. I'd honestly try the pill again, but be very vigilant. You have small children, so just tie in taking a pill with part of their daily schedule. (I take mine when brushing my teeth at night)

There's patches and the nuva ring thing too. I'd talk to a gynecologist (preferably a woman too, who may have had her own personal experiences)
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

My twin sis got the shot and it messed up her period really bad. Its only supposed to last about 3 to 6 months I think and she didn't get her period again for over 3 years. She also gained about 30 pounds and even still does not have a regular period. She has some other issues like ovarian cysts and fibroids (which she had before the shot) and its really sad because now she does not think she will be able to get pregnant thanks to the shot and all of the other issues.
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

nuvaring totally sucked imo esp if youve had a vaginal birth and things arent like they use to be. You can feel it and even in the book it talks about if it falling out and u just rinse and re insert. Ew.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I LOVE my copper IUD. It doesn't have any hormones in it so a lot less side effects. I totally don't regret it one bit. I had a really wierd period the first month when I got it but since then no side effects whatsoever.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyincowtown View Post
    My twin sis got the shot and it messed up her period really bad. Its only supposed to last about 3 to 6 months I think and she didn't get her period again for over 3 years. She also gained about 30 pounds and even still does not have a regular period. She has some other issues like ovarian cysts and fibroids (which she had before the shot) and its really sad because now she does not think she will be able to get pregnant thanks to the shot and all of the other issues.
    OMG ok then that will be off my list of options then. Sorry to hear about your sis .

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    nuvaring totally sucked imo esp if youve had a vaginal birth and things arent like they use to be. You can feel it and even in the book it talks about if it falling out and u just rinse and re insert. Ew.
    Eeewwww indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    I'm told Depo is baaaad stuff. I'd honestly try the pill again, but be very vigilant. You have small children, so just tie in taking a pill with part of their daily schedule. (I take mine when brushing my teeth at night)

There's patches and the nuva ring thing too. I'd talk to a gynecologist (preferably a woman too, who may have had her own personal experiences)
    My gyno has never had kids so...I'm not sure she'll be helpful in personal experience advice. Is the patch a daily thing?

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    *sigh* I have the exact same problems.
    But I was warned about Depo by a few friends..so I'm thinking I'm out of luck, until we're 100% done having kids.
    I *think* we're done having kids. I considered tubal ligation but I figure I'm too young for that. What if 5 years down the road I want another baby?

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I LOVE my copper IUD. It doesn't have any hormones in it so a lot less side effects. I totally don't regret it one bit. I had a really wierd period the first month when I got it but since then no side effects whatsoever.
    No hormones? Sorry to sound like an airhead but how does it prevent pregnancy? Does it completely block your cervix? Is that a dumb question? Is it totally obvious I've done no research whatsoever?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IRefuseToPayFullPrice View Post
    No hormones? Sorry to sound like an airhead but how does it prevent pregnancy? Does it completely block your cervix? Is that a dumb question? Is it totally obvious I've done no research whatsoever?
    It works by changing the pH of the uterus basically killing the sperm and if one gets by it makes it difficult for an egg to implant. They are very effective, I think my doc said 98%. 5% of people will have them fall out so you need to check periodically. Copper IUDs are very old school. They've been used for a very very long time. Definately worth talking to your doc about. And a plus they are far far cheaper than the Mirena IUD.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Tough decision! I am 30, have 3 kids and just had a tubal in June. A few people told me I was too young???? Anyways, I am happy I did it

My sister has an IUD and has had NO complications and she is very happy with it (no hormones!!!) I had a friend who had the Depo shot and ended up being very sensitive to something in it (made her very sick) but unfortunately once the shot is given you are stuck with the consequences for 3 months (or however long it lasts, can't remember)

I had problems with the pill too....made me sick plus I could never remember to take it!

Everyone is different though. Do what you want and what feels right to you. Good luck
    Need Norwex? I can ship to anywhere in Canada for $4.95!!!! Check out my site http://lyndseymackenzie.norwex.biz/

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I had the Depo shot, gained a ton of weight, got sever migraines, had no sex drive at all, if you ask me run away far away from it.

Right now I am on the pill and its been working wonders for me for the past 3 years.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Well, if you're pretty sure you're done.maybe have your tubes just tied?
    I think they can even go back and untie them for you if you change your mind.
    I know my grandmere had hers tied AND burned..and then along came my aunt, lol!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Hmmm, all these options. After 7 kids my wife has had a 'headache' for just over 5 years now...

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

LMAO Dave!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I love it. Aww. Seriously, tho?! Or.. hmm, lol.

I am thankful that at the moment I don't have to worry about all this stuff! Well, for the most part, teee hehehe! I have my 3 year old daughter, whom was somewhat of a surprise... wasn't ovulating, did use condoms (however, not to the point they should be used)... had birth control pills to start WHEN my next period came.......... but it never came.... and presto, I was preggo, haha. Next child I have I (plan) to be married... do i the right way, in my opinion, hehe!

SO, learning about all these things is nice... if the day comes that I too need to figure it out... I can come back to SC and chat, LOL!

Hoping you find something that works for you!

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

The birth control that works for me is my DH's vasectomy! He had it done when he was 29 after the birth of our second. I was 110% certain I was done having children and because I had a vaginal birth a tubal ligation was a more invasive surgery for me than a vasectomy for DH.

Definitely not a choice for someone who doesn't want to limit themselves to no more children but it's certainly the route that has worked for us since we decided we were done.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information