User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have no faith in the pill. i took mine regularly and i have 2 sons. it just doesnt work for me. as for the Evra patch- i was on that before we decided to get PG with DD. coming off of it made me sick!! it was horrible. and even though the Drs say it isnt so. my DD was born with 6 toes on her left foot and my gut has always said that it was because of the hormones in the patch.

Trading Score
    89 (100%)

The patch was nice because I did not get the mood swings with it that I got with the pill. The only thing was you have to pick a new spot every week to put it and I had these red squares all over....

I have a Mirena now and love it. No monthly friend for 6 months now!

Designer clothes (including kids) at great prices! Be my first Haute Look referral!
    http://www.hautelook.com/invite/CShaw223

Trading Score
    89 (100%)

The patch was nice because I did not get the mood swings with it that I got with the pill. The only thing was you have to pick a new spot every week to put it and I had these red squares all over....

I have a Mirena now and love it. No monthly friend for 6 months now!

Designer clothes (including kids) at great prices! Be my first Haute Look referral!
    http://www.hautelook.com/invite/CShaw223

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've been on the pill for 15 years now and haven't had any issues. There have been times when I've forgotten to take one or two but never any pregnancies. I've been with my husband for 8 years and the pill has worked fine.

That is just me though but I also have a tipped uterus and I've been told anyways with a tipped uterus it is more difficult to get pregnant.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by reese&rorysmom View Post
    The birth control that works for me is my DH's vasectomy! He had it done when he was 29 after the birth of our second. I was 110% certain I was done having children and because I had a vaginal birth a tubal ligation was a more invasive surgery for me than a vasectomy for DH.

Definitely not a choice for someone who doesn't want to limit themselves to no more children but it's certainly the route that has worked for us since we decided we were done.
    Vasectomy is the way to go No pain for you, non-invasive and reversable.

Depo's a biatch drug. My friend gained 60lbs on it and the problem is you can't "stop" taking it overnight... it's in your system 30+ days so if you're ill because of it, you're ill for a while.
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Vasectewhatnow?

As I patiently explained to my wife, numerous times, even though we're done having kids none of us knows the future. What if a massive plague erupted that affected only men, and every male on the Earth died, except me. And I had a vasectomy. The entire human race would die out because of a decision I made. I could be the cause of the death of the ENTIRE HUMAN RACE!

How can I take a chance like that?
    Last edited by DaveP; Wed, Nov 10th, 2010 at 06:16 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

C'est la vie, Dave...
    I'm just pleased that my husband manned up and did it.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Depo worked great for me. Was on it for 8 years, no side effects other than it let me live with only 4 periods a year (yippee!!), and then I stopped, and within 6 months was pregnant with DD, then started again after, and took it for 2 more years, quit just over a year ago, and am now having #2.

Basically, not everyone will have the same effects. What works for one, won't be what's right for another. Try a few out and see what you like. Just because a few here had problems with Depo, does not make it a bad drug to use. If you can take it, I personally recommend it. I would not hesitate to use it again, especially since I am bad for taking pills on a schedual. Heck every pill effects you differently, that's why there are so many different types on the market.
    gone shopping!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

FYI, my ex's dad had a vasectomy.........and they still ended up with another kid. Nothing is 100%.
    gone shopping!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

The problem with Depo is that if it doesn't work for you, it's still in your system for months afterwards.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

well, ya never know unless you try. nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    gone shopping!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I took Depo a few years back, and experienced no side effects, but I stopped taking it because I was worried about one of the potential side effects - bone density loss.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCSparkyGirl View Post
    Depo worked great for me. Was on it for 8 years, no side effects other than it let me live with only 4 periods a year (yippee!!), and then I stopped, and within 6 months was pregnant with DD, then started again after, and took it for 2 more years, quit just over a year ago, and am now having #2.

Basically, not everyone will have the same effects. What works for one, won't be what's right for another. Try a few out and see what you like. Just because a few here had problems with Depo, does not make it a bad drug to use. If you can take it, I personally recommend it. I would not hesitate to use it again, especially since I am bad for taking pills on a schedual. Heck every pill effects you differently, that's why there are so many different types on the market.
    I was on it for 8 yrs also and loved it. When the Dr. gave the OK (my body aged out haha) I stopped and all is still well 4 yrs later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information