User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I am having a struggle this Christmas.....my daughter is 13 going to highschool next year(Sept) should I be saying no to toys??? It is not like she is asking for Elmo or Baby Toys she is asking for Littlest Pet Shop(which she highly collects) and Zhu Zhu pets and accesorys. I just don't know what way to turn
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Haha, I remember telling Kevin when he was 8 years old that one day he will get rid of all his stuffed animals and legos and he looked at me like I was an alien. By the time he was 12 they were all gone. One of his friends is his age and still has all his legos and figurines. I think girls are different though I know that I still had stuffed animals when I got married at 27 so I think Kayla is just being girly.

I also think that peer pressure will have a role in it but like I said girls are different. She will probably go from collecting toys to collecting clothes in the next few years. LOL

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I'm not a parent but as someone who loved barbie until I was like 15 I Think its ok. Better she want those toys then other things some girls want lol
    Let her be a kid as long as she wants bc growing up sucks haha

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Well if you ask me your lucky, my dd who is 11 has been giving away all her toys and wants none for x-mas at all

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

A -GREED!

Better she like My Little Pony over beer and boys. Like Patty said, soon she'll want clothes and stuff. Enjoy the toys, they're cheaper too!
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Patty thats actually what I am having trouble with I don't beleive Andrew was like this...but I think girls are different

Vee you hit that on the nose girls in her grade grown up loooooooooooooooong time ago but a yuppys and have all the newest electronics ect. I am very thankful she isn't like them

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

i say let her, as long as they want them. they will know when they no longer want to play with them. why make them grow up any faster then they have to in my opinion.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MercyEhm View Post
    A -GREED!

Better she like My Little Pony over beer and boys. Like Patty said, soon she'll want clothes and stuff. Enjoy the toys, they're cheaper too!
    Quote Originally Posted by kool_105 View Post
    i say let her, as long as they want them. they will know when they no longer want to play with them. why make them grow up any faster then they have to in my opinion.

Thankyou

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Haha I totally stopped getting toys by 11 I did start getting dvd's, cd's, clothes, other electronics. It's also harder once they get a job and can buy their own stuff
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am very glad that Kevin does not want $200 running shoes or name brand clothes because the answer would be NO and the second answer would be why? So you can look like your friends with their arses hanging out of their pants. Be an individual. LOL O.k. I should point out that I am spoiled because a friend of mine has a sample store place and he does get really nice clothes but for $3 a t-shirt. LOL

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Patty, you and me both. I just don't spend that much on Christmas/birthdays, etc. And when the day comes that DS wants expensive sneakers and such, he's going to have to earn a big part of them himself.

I'm often boggled by how much people spend even on very young children. I have friends who spend hundreds of dollars on Christmas for their four year olds; I just think that if I did that, by the time he's 10, Christmas won't be exciting anymore, he'll HAVE everything! A friend at work with stepchildren has this problem - the mom buys them everything they want, so when the dad and stepmom ask what they want for Christmas, birthdays, etc. they say, "I don't know." Because they already have it all.

There will come a time when they want/need more costly stuff; meanwhile, DS will be happy in 14 or 15 years when he sees his college fund!

Z

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I am very glad that Kevin does not want $200 running shoes or name brand clothes because the answer would be NO and the second answer would be why? So you can look like your friends with their arses hanging out of their pants. Be an individual. LOL O.k. I should point out that I am spoiled because a friend of mine has a sample store place and he does get really nice clothes but for $3 a t-shirt. LOL
    My ds hates brand clothes - he wants no logos, no freaky images, no trashy words on his stuff and certainly doesn't want his trousers hanging down around his hairy knees!
    Can't say dd wants them either - though she is a little more into clothes than her brother.

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

At the end of the day its Christmas and if thats what she wants, then i'm sure thats probably what you'll get her cos you want her to be happy.
    With my two, i get them to write me a list. We always say - No list, No pressies(mind you, who are we really kidding - we'll buy them something...a lump of coal perhaps!)
    Anyway, They most certainly aren't getting everything on their list but it gives us ideas - and sometimes we have to say an item is too expensive 0r what would you prefer -this pressie idea or that one.
    Double check with her that she wants it and if she does - go for it!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm 28 and I still have my Lego

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

enjoy it while you can.. toys are cheaper then electonics.. and when toodles is 13 i'd be thrilled if she's still playing with toys rather then trying to play with the boys and wanting high end brand name label clothing, make up, and cellphones
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information