User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey all RD and Central Alberta shoppers I am just passing on what was told to me and two other "couponer's" while we were at London Drugs today.....they are asking that all big order (price matching and stacking) be done on weekdays - NOT WEEKENDS. They said that because of the Christmas season they are just too busy. So I'm asking that everyone please respect there request (at least till 2011) I'd hate to make them angry with us, they are all so wonderful! I also know that in the past they have asked us to be at the till no later than 7pm, so as not to hold up the duties required in shutting down the store, so maybe in everyones best interest try and maintain this practice also.

Merry Christmas and happy couponing!!
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Did not know about the 7pm request--meh... that's nearly my bed time so I don't stray far from home after 7pm, hehehehe!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yeah they have asked us many times over this past year about not being there after 7pm. Because of the amount of coupons it takes the cashiers longer to cash out. Also the pharmacist cannot leave until every customer is out of the store, and if it's after 10 then LD also has to pay over time, and it gets pricey.
    *** this is just a summary of what was told to me via another couponer who actually spoke to management

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

deleted
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, Dec 4th, 2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: deleted

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know don't hardly ever do any price matching at London Drugs and stacking and most likely one item at a time.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, Dec 4th, 2010 at 08:27 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the headsup on this - I actually have never really stacked or done any price matching. But I want to try once I can gather enough coupons and such, lol.

So, key points:
    - Before 7pm
    - Not on weekends, but on weekdays

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ah2k View Post
    Thanks for the headsup on this - I actually have never really stacked or done any price matching. But I want to try once I can gather enough coupons and such, lol.

So, key points:
    - Before 7pm
    - Not on weekends, but on weekdays

Yuppers But they are only asking no weekends till the new year

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sounds fine with me!
    What did you end up stacking? I can't seem to find anything to stack, except the coupons for the soup (Buy 3 get 1.00 off?) But the prices still aren't advantageous with them, unless I can find a sale...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The only thing I grabbed was the CG Mascara (stocking stuffers ) They were on sale for $5.99 Fri/Sat/Sun.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ah2k View Post
    Sounds fine with me!
    What did you end up stacking? I can't seem to find anything to stack, except the coupons for the soup (Buy 3 get 1.00 off?) But the prices still aren't advantageous with them, unless I can find a sale...
    What did you stack.LOL. There is so much you can stack for.
    I didn't know about this rule and went yesterday quick at 4:45pm. OOPS I guess.
    I got:
    - 6 roll Bounty and 1 single roll bounty paper towels
    - 2 Glade room sprays
    - 2 Old spice deoderant
    - 2 Old Spice bodywash
    - 2 Bounce dryer bars
    - 2 Extra strength Tylenol
    - 2 Mr.Clean ( 1 trigger/1 liquid)

And my total came to $4.40. I had a very quick cashier and was out of there in less than 10 minutes.

Thanks for the heads up on time and weekend part. I'll make sure if I need to do more that I will go during the week. Makes sense.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    What did you stack.LOL. There is so much you can stack for.
    I didn't know about this rule and went yesterday quick at 4:45pm. OOPS I guess.
    I got:
    - 6 roll Bounty and 1 single roll bounty paper towels
    - 2 Glade room sprays
    - 2 Old spice deoderant
    - 2 Old Spice bodywash
    - 2 Bounce dryer bars
    - 2 Extra strength Tylenol
    - 2 Mr.Clean ( 1 trigger/1 liquid)

And my total came to $4.40. I had a very quick cashier and was out of there in less than 10 minutes.

Thanks for the heads up on time and weekend part. I'll make sure if I need to do more that I will go during the week. Makes sense.
    I must've been behind you with my Smuckers jam... we met before.. not very long.. but I guess I didn't recognize you, lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lois told us this when Smack and I were there on Saturday, I don't think it's so much of a rule but more of a curtesy to other customers who need to use the customer service desk for returns. I know I've been behind ladies who are doing large shops, and I've ended up waiting over an hour for the order to be processed, and it would be my guess that they are trying to eliminate bottle-necks like that

Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Sounds good to me! I usually go during the week and in the day time anyways! LD rocks, wouldn't want that to change!
    is addicted to saving money....

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Hitgirl

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyah View Post
    Yeah they have asked us many times over this past year about not being there after 7pm. Because of the amount of coupons it takes the cashiers longer to cash out. Also the pharmacist cannot leave until every customer is out of the store, and if it's after 10 then LD also has to pay over time, and it gets pricey.
    *** this is just a summary of what was told to me via another couponer who actually spoke to management
    I wonder why they said the coupons take the cashier longer to cash out. I worked at London Drugs for many years and unless things changed, cash outs are so quick and easy. I also worked in the cash office, wich is done in the morning and even then no coupon organizing was required. They are just all sent to LD's head office. Now being the person responsible in head office for the coupons, now that would be a lot of work!!! Oh well, as long as we can keep staking Im happy, even though Im not skilled enough to more than a few items stacking at a time.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

I used to work at RCSS and cash out was easy. Count the money, take out the extra from $250. Take the till behind CS where CS peeps counted it... made sure what you took out gave the till the $250 float. exchanged stuff to get nice amounts of quarters, pennies, tens, fives, ect.. and away ya went. lol Didn't touch the coupons. hmm.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information