User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Wow, I am speechless! Amy you look AWESOME!!!! I have been struggling to get my weight off since my 3rd (and final) baby was born over a year ago. I have tried every diet imaginable (literally)...from L.A. Weight Loss to Weight Watchers! All of which I had short term success

The low carb diet has always intrigued me...thank-you for sharing your story and pics...so inspiring.

A couple of questions:

Is it just red meat you can eat or poultry/fish as well?

Isn't eating alot of bacon, high fat cheese and dressings bad for you? Cholesterol,etc?? Just curious

Again thanks for sharing...would love for you to share a sample meal plan of yours if you could.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lmack30 View Post
    Wow, I am speechless! Amy you look AWESOME!!!! I have been struggling to get my weight off since my 3rd (and final) baby was born over a year ago. I have tried every diet imaginable (literally)...from L.A. Weight Loss to Weight Watchers! All of which I had short term success

The low carb diet has always intrigued me...thank-you for sharing your story and pics...so inspiring.

A couple of questions:

Is it just red meat you can eat or poultry/fish as well?

Isn't eating alot of bacon, high fat cheese and dressings bad for you? Cholesterol,etc?? Just curious

Again thanks for sharing...would love for you to share a sample meal plan of yours if you could.

i eat red meat, fish, chicken etc. as long as they aren't breaded or in some sugary sauce.

no, eating those foods are not bad for you. i posted a link to an article relating to this subject on the previous page. the end of the article finished with something to the effect of "next time you're eating a buttered piece of toast, consider the butter the healthy part of that meal".

meal plan, i don't really have one, i just eat what i feel like when i feel like, as long as it is low in carbs. here is what i ate today:

B: coffee with cream & splenda, 3 slices bacon & blue menu ketchup
    L: stuffed chicken breast (the unbreaded kind from maple leaf) and cesar salad
    D: low carb meat loaf (i use ground flax instead of bread crumbs) and sauteed mushrooms

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

for anyone interested in reading a phenomenal new york times article....

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/711487/posts
    Last edited by justamy; Tue, Jan 4th, 2011 at 07:20 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

http://www.cbc.ca/thelens/bigfatdiet/

This is being shown again on cbcnn on this coming Saturday. Very informative. Very interesting.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/thelens/bigfatdiet/

This is being shown again on cbcnn on this coming Saturday. Very informative. Very interesting.
    thanks SO much for this!!! i'll be watching it for sure!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My latest blog contest will appeal to low carb-ers!

Dawn
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

A friend of mine who is a part-time research nurse, has done lots of lab research looking at triglyceride levels of people's bloodwork who had started low-carbing - she said the results were phenomenal - so much so that lots of the doctors & surgeons who she was sharing the results of the labwork with started low-carbing!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I just googled "is there any breads that are carb free?" and it took me here:
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/b/2006...eakthrough.htm
    Can I eat low carb breads or wheat free & sugar free breads?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbs View Post
    A friend of mine who is a part-time research nurse, has done lots of lab research looking at triglyceride levels of people's bloodwork who had started low-carbing - she said the results were phenomenal - so much so that lots of the doctors & surgeons who she was sharing the results of the labwork with started low-carbing!
    FANTASTIC!!! i love to hear things like this! it's nice that the medical community is starting to acknowledge the health benefits of a low carb way of life!

Lites,

you *could* eat low carb bread or other low carb products, that's entirely up to you. i only use them sparingly and keep them in the freezer. i turn the pita's into pizza, use the bread for meatloaf etc...it's a very ymmv thing as with all "products" (shakes, bars, low carb chocolate, etc)

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by justamy View Post
    feel like when i feel like, as long as it is low in carbs. here is what i ate today:

B: coffee with cream & splenda, 3 slices bacon & blue menu ketchup
    L: stuffed chicken breast (the unbreaded kind from maple leaf) and cesar salad
    D: low carb meat loaf (i use ground flax instead of bread crumbs) and sauteed mushrooms
    this just seems like so little food for me. You dont have snacks or anything?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    this just seems like so little food for me. You dont have snacks or anything?
    It would be hard for me too,, hell I'd skip breakfast so I can have the snack instead, haha!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

The protein will fill you up for much longer than carbs. It only takes a very short time for you to start noticing that you are full on much less food then before.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I have been halfheartedly trying to reduce my carbs this week, and I already eat pretty healthy to begin with save for an awful splenda addiction lol but I did change up potatoes and rice for cauliflower, pasta for zucchini, and lettuce leaves for bread and make sure to eat protein with every meal and already I lost 5 lbs. I hope I can sustain this and lose some more. Thanks again for sharing, the diet and your success really is fascinating.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 11:58 AM.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

There are other "high-fiber carbohydrates /that/ are unquestionably good for the body" than whole wheat or really any grain though, such as many different kinds of veggies. Not that I know much and hopefully that is what you mean lol its late and brain power is fading.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information