User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I have saved hundreds already this year. BUT...I hesitate to use the word "saved" because the majority of the items were things that I normally wouldn't have purchased. This couponing causes me to buy things, but I always make sure it's things I could use...just maybe things I usually wouldn't have gotten if they weren't so darn cheap! <-----that probably makes NO sense at all, but I know what I mean!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yeah, I think I am getting out of that phase KellyC - but then I think, if I would buy it if I seen it on sale for that much, I get it

But some stuff I bought, I would never have bought otherwise - those are only ok if they are free/cheap at SDM on bonus point weekends since I make more than the points back on them

I really don't need as much bodywash, soap and shaving cream as I have, but I would need to buy it at some point so why not get it free and earn points on it etc
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lili View Post
    I save over $5000 by using coupons,I wrote it down every time I use coupons.
    I did too!!! for us it was $2904!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Between May and December I saved about $1,500 by using coupons.
    $1,300 was on items that we would have bought anyway.
    $300 was on items that we would not ordinarily have purchased (I track these items separately) but bought because we had an FPC so there was no OOP.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

I lost track, but $600+. And I only really started using coupons in July.
    Join Swagbucks and earn points for searching, surveys and more!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I kept track. I started in April last year really. So 9 months worth. I saved $4100. Hoping to do much better this year. Planning on using my stockpile and only using the coupons for mostly free items. Which should make my OOP much less. Also hoping to put some of the extra money into a savings account instead of spending it on more stockpile stuff.

We have LD here. So I was able to stack for free alot of stuff. Going to keep track of that in a seperate spot. Then I can really see how much savings there was for regular stuff at regular stores. I know at least $2000 of my savings came from LD.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I just started in the last week of November so my savings from then until dec 31 is a few dollars over $650.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My $200 or so sounds kind of lame next to you folks.

Arl
    Female
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Only started mid October 2010 but didn't always keep track
    but since Dec31 2010 till Jan 8th I have saved 44.26 in coupons...love saving and getting great deals .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

man these numbers are really awesome! wish we had LD out here!

Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    man these numbers are really awesome! wish we had LD out here!
    I'm in ON; no LD here!

I find that the Hot Coupon-Flyer Deals thread is a fabulous starting point. I hoard my coupons until the items I want go on sale and then I stock up.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    My $200 or so sounds kind of lame next to you folks.
    Not at all, many of the posters can stack and say that the vast majority of their savings is LD. Some people class savings as 'how much I paid in comparison to how much it would be if I paid full price (not flyer sale prices) when many items would not be bought if not on sale or no coupon

and any savings are good
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I am not to sure but I started really getting into coupons in Sept of 2010 and I think I can safely say I saved about 600 bucks in 4 months of using them.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Great thread! I haven't really kept track but know its in the $5000 range as I've been able to do several bonus redemption days this past year at SDM (guessing about $2500 in free stuff) plus all the coupons for food & using FPC's & doing MIR's (glade promo, Airwick, gas cards etc). SC has been a lifesaver for us & enabled us to do several donations this past year too!

I wish SC had a tracking system on the website that is user friendly!! I don't have Excel so can't use the program that has been posted by DH666!

I will try to do a better job by writing down my coupon usage/savings by month in 2011!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm with you Zonny, maybe 200$ max., but there really wasn't much I needed, I only need so many haba items, and since I walk/bike/bus I can't really buy a lot. And there's practically no coupons for the foodstuffs I buy (okay Metro sends AM coupons based on stuff you buy, so I get bonus points for buying fruits and vegetables from them!). I have however saved more in other areas so I'm still happy :D

A year ago I would never have though that I could buy a 700$ laptop in cash without batting an eye, oh how times they have changed!
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information