User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ameba View Post
    Since we cant use coupons for the MIR, is it better not to pay by GC?
    So that they dont think we are combining deals.
    Please help
    Thanks
    I think a gift card would be OK. Because it's the same as cash. UNLESS you are talking about a SDM gift certificate that the store gave you as a reward. That would be treated like a coupon.
    Jockey Person to Person® can help you grow personally, professionally and financially... and it all happens by providing women with a better way to shop, dress and live. Check it out!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by countrychicmama View Post
    can someone explain this to me a lil more? newbie here... =) thanks!
    We're talking about the promo to receive 18,500 bonus points (BP) when you spend (WUS) $75 at Shoppers Drug Mart (SDM). Complete list of accronyms here

In this promo you spend $75 before taxes and you'll get 18,500 bonus points plus your regular points. If you spend more than $75 you will only get regular points on the $ over $75 - no extra bonus points so the trick is to spend $75 and no more if your goal is to optimize points (which most of us here are addicted to doing).

RE: Using coupons - When you reach $75 before taxes, then you can start having coupons deducted to reduce the out of pocket (OOP) money you spend. You will still get the 18,500 bonus points even if your OOP goes below $75.

Hope this answers some of your questions. If you have other, please fell free to post them - that's how we all learn.
    Jockey Person to Person® can help you grow personally, professionally and financially... and it all happens by providing women with a better way to shop, dress and live. Check it out!

Redneck~Princess
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by oz&axl View Post
    We're talking about the promo to receive 18,500 bonus points (BP) when you spend (WUS) $75 at Shoppers Drug Mart (SDM). Complete list of accronyms here

In this promo you spend $75 before taxes and you'll get 18,500 bonus points plus your regular points. If you spend more than $75 you will only get regular points on the $ over $75 - no extra bonus points so the trick is to spend $75 and no more if your goal is to optimize points (which most of us here are addicted to doing).

RE: Using coupons - When you reach $75 before taxes, then you can start having coupons deducted to reduce the out of pocket (OOP) money you spend. You will still get the 18,500 bonus points even if your OOP goes below $75.

Hope this answers some of your questions. If you have other, please fell free to post them - that's how we all learn.
    that answers all my questions! thank you so much! i have a store just a few blocks away and just starting to really get involved with coupons and points and whatnot! thanks again for the help!

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

If I pay with a $30 giftcard and $45 with a credit card, will this qualify for the promo? Thanks!
    Search/Click and win free gift cards! I could really use a friend!!
    Search and Win on swagbucks.com
    Join Superpoints, it's back!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

I was worried about getting the 18500 bonus points while paying with a SDM GC and I phoned SDM and they said that if I paid with any GC (including a SDM GC) that I would NOT get bonus points. Is this a new development? I am surprised since I had read in previous threads that it was ok.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Can someone share what are you going to buy to get the BP? The Neutrogena clinic at SDM is $50-60. Need to buy something else to reach $75.

Trading Score
    227 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heycinderella View Post
    If I pay with a $30 giftcard and $45 with a credit card, will this qualify for the promo? Thanks!
    I often pay a portion with a gift card and the remaining balance with my credit card - and I have always received the promo points without a problem

Quote Originally Posted by atlanticfortress View Post
    I was worried about getting the 18500 bonus points while paying with a SDM GC and I phoned SDM and they said that if I paid with any GC (including a SDM GC) that I would NOT get bonus points. Is this a new development? I am surprised since I had read in previous threads that it was ok.
    Many of us on SC, including myself, always buy gift cards before hand to get the regular points, e.g. buy a $75 gift card before hand and receive 750 regular points (no bonus pts on gift cards). Then use the gift card to do your shopping and get the promo points. I have done this dozen of times and have never had a problem, and always received the bonus points/promo points.
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Honestly I think they are TOLD to say that so that people spend MORE money.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

The email I got had this at the bottom of offer

*Offer valid on the purchase total of eligible products using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card® after discounts and redemptions and before taxes. Maximum 18,500 points per offer regardless of total dollar value of transaction.
    So it's after coupons then? Sorry I want to double check so I don't waste my money coupons and time. I had some fpc I was going to use but now maybe not?

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieG View Post
    The email I got had this at the bottom of offer

*Offer valid on the purchase total of eligible products using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card® after discounts and redemptions and before taxes. Maximum 18,500 points per offer regardless of total dollar value of transaction.
    So it's after coupons then? Sorry I want to double check so I don't waste my money coupons and time. I had some fpc I was going to use but now maybe not?

Disregard that! It's BEFORE coupons. Regular $ and cents off coupons are okay, but DO NOT use FPCs to bring down your out of pocket.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Ok thanks Anne!

Trading Score
    170 (100%)

How many transactions per card are allowed during each event? I read that some people do two transactions. Is that on the same card? Will you get 18500 points during both $75+ transactions?

THANKS

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AryanasMommy View Post
    How many transactions per card are allowed during each event? I read that some people do two transactions. Is that on the same card? Will you get 18500 points during both $75+ transactions?

THANKS
    Yep! You can definitely do 2 transactions on the same card.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkinglady View Post
    Be Careful if using MIR for Neutrogena WUB $75 at SDM! you can Not use any coupons because they will have reason to Not qualify you for MIR!
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by cahansmom View Post
    Thanks for the heads up I'll be buying milk, bread and eggs with the "leftover" 15$ now.
    I have read and re-read the MIR found in Canadian Living and note this sentence: "This rebate cannot be combined with any other coupon or offer." I have concluded that the statement leaves too much to interpretation and I could see J&J winning the arguement if I were using coupons even for a totally unrelated product in the same transaction and had proof of coupons used, etc. As other SCers have commented, I'll avoid giving J&J reason to void my MIR submission and won't use coupons. A few grocery items (staples) will easily bring total to the required minimum $75.

Quote Originally Posted by thetonester521 View Post
    ...Many of us on SC, including myself, always buy gift cards before hand to get the regular points, e.g. buy a $75 gift card before hand and receive 750 regular points (no bonus pts on gift cards). Then use the gift card to do your shopping and get the promo points. I have done this dozen of times and have never had a problem, and always received the bonus points/promo points.
    Good to know because I do plan to get a SDM to get a few extra regular points

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thetonester521 View Post
    I often pay a portion with a gift card and the remaining balance with my credit card - and I have always received the promo points without a problem

Many of us on SC, including myself, always buy gift cards before hand to get the regular points, e.g. buy a $75 gift card before hand and receive 750 regular points (no bonus pts on gift cards). Then use the gift card to do your shopping and get the promo points. I have done this dozen of times and have never had a problem, and always received the bonus points/promo points.
    So can anyone confirm that you DO get the BP while paying with a SDM GC for this event?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information