User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thought this would help some out. I know when I tell people about my 'problems' it makes me feel better. This thread is just for OCD, if we get enough response to this, I may do other threads for other things. *You don't specifically have to be diagnosed with OCD to post what your obsessed with, here*

I'll start off ;

I have OCD about brushing my teeth/keeping them clean. Well, just my teeth in general. I brush them almost every time I go to the washroom. I had braces to make them straight, and they since shifted, and I plan to re-do the braces. Even though everyone says they're the same.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

well my only ocd is i will never go to bed without having a bath first to rid myself of all the germs from the day...been like this forever.(and that's after showering in the morning)

KELOWNA SINCE 1990 ILUVMYPUGTOADIE's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I wash my hands 100's of times a day
    & not far behind you in the teeth brushing
    my denist told me I was overbrushing and that
    it was making my gums receed..but I Still Do

Hope your having a good weekend CanadianBella!!!

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I am very particular on where I put things away. Everything in my house has a place, if I could get hubby and DD to learn where those places are, my life would be complete! lol My laundry must be folded just so.
    My dishes must be placed/stacked in certain orders.
    If I am laying in bed and think I may have forgot to lock the door, I wont be able to sleep until I go double check(ugh I hate that) even though my dog would eat anything that would try to come in the door. lol
    I HAVE to check the mail at 11 am. It will eat at me all day until I do. (I don't think I'm alone on this one lol)
    If company does my dishes as a good gesture, I am great full, but I usually end up re washing them, because they just don't seem "clean" to me.
    DD's toys all have separate bins, and even if all her toys are in them, if they aren't in the right bins, her room isn't clean in my mind. And it takes like an hour to sort them all. (hate this one too)
    Maybe I should go see a doctor? lmao, no I can't do that, I have white coat syndrom(fear of doctors.)
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm a clean freak. My mom is pretty laid back about the cleaning and it drives me INSANE. Like she asked me to vacuum the carpet earlier, and when she left I got out the roll of tape and 'tapped' the tape, to clean it. We have 2 vacuums that are great, but it's not clean enough for me
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have palilalia (a form of complusive behavior that causes someone to repeat words when speaking). I apparently have been doing this for years but never really noticed until someone pointed it out two years ago. One day a co-worker and I kept track of every time I repeated something twice (for example I'd say something like "Have you replied to my email... my email?"). Anyway, we counted that I did it something like 70 or 80 times during the work day.
    It's why I hate talking on the phone so much, haha.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I don't think I have what I would call OCD, but I am a checker....check the stove knobs, check the door locks, check the window locks. I've always done these things repeatedly throughout the day, but it has gotten more frequent since having kids...I guess I just worry about their safety.

Also, I have to check under my covers and pillow before getting into bed. I am super terrified of spiders and I need to make sure there aren't any in the bed or up on the ceiling. So after about 25 years of doing this....I have found just 1 spider under my pillow once!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyC View Post
    So after about 25 years of doing this....I have found just 1 spider under my pillow once!
    That sounds like reason enough to me to keep checking for another 25!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by orv View Post
    I am very particular on where I put things away. Everything in my house has a place, if I could get hubby and DD to learn where those places are, my life would be complete! lol My laundry must be folded just so.
    My dishes must be placed/stacked in certain orders.
    If I am laying in bed and think I may have forgot to lock the door, I wont be able to sleep until I go double check(ugh I hate that)
    +1 on all of those things!

When DH offers to dry the dishes, I nearly have a heart attack watching him put stuff away...and after he's left the kitchen, I go back and rearrange everything to where its supposed to be. I never really thought about that as OCD. Just figured I was a control freak. LOL.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I feel a bit better about some of the things I do after reading this! I am a bit OCD about a lot of things, and it's one thing in the comfort of one's own home... but I have a hard time controlling myself when I am in public places.

For example: everytime I use the bathroom during get togethers at my one girlfriend's house, I stare at the dust on the ceiling fan and it drives me crazy! I then stand on the toilet, dismantle it, take it to the kitchen sink and clean it and then put it back up. Thankfully, it doesn't insult her like it would some people and she thinks it's funny. I also adjust crooked pictures and dust fake office plants/trees while waiting for doctor's appointments, etc. People think I am "anal" and crazy... lol

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I clean everything A LOT, I drove my bf insane when we first met, but he's been helping me become more relaxed with it, he keeps telling me it's okay if things are a little out of place or messy, or I don't have to vacum and mop every day. I'm also really particular about where things go, putting things away, dust... It's funny actually typing this out, I need to clean my laptop, it's dusty.

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

I have a few.... Some mentioned already, some just silly, like towels HAVE to be folded a certain way, bath, dish, cloth, doesn't matter, they all get the same treatment.
    Next is placement of objects. Drove my classmates crazy! lol. Books had to be arranged, largest on bottom and so forth, tables had to line up ect. I think I actually passed it on to a few, cause by the end, I had others moving eachothers books and such lol.
    Biggest for me though, is food rituals. I'll give an example:
    TH bacon breakfast sandwich
    I remove the top, add 3/4 ketchup, 1/2 pepper packet, 1/4 salt packet.
    I rip the bacon into tiny pieces, then repeat the above with the other half of the english muffin.

I also sanitise. Alot. I have 3 bottles in my purse at any given moment, and plenty around the house. I love the La Senza smellies, stocked up when they were 5 for $5.

Luckily my family/friends love and accept my "quircks" I know I do, they're part of what makes me, me!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

were all full of fascinating things,OCD is part of alot of human beings,some may think it as odd I think of it as unique and quirky,it can take time out of our daily lifes if we let it,if we uu\se mind over matter we will prevail,good luck and try to not let it bother you,at least you have great breath.

mle
    Female
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just to be clear having OCD and liking to be clean and neat are TOTALLY different things.

I used to like symmetry and exactness, needing to arrange things, repeat them, count, check etc. but the symptoms have disappeared over the years. I also used to have this thing where I didn't really like odd numbers, and I'd prefer even numbers (which I've found some people with OCD identified with- this thing with finding the perfect number). I'm so glad they did too, because I remember feeling so anxious if something were not exactly the way I wanted it to be. I still love organization and neatness, but it doesn't give me as much anxiety as before.
    Last edited by mle; Wed, Mar 23rd, 2011 at 04:23 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I don't have OCD, but I'm very particular about things being straight. I hate when pictures/mirrors/carpets, etc. are a bit crooked. No matter where I am, I'll correct it.

I used to do something weird... For a couple of months, when I would talk, I would say "comma" wherever there would be a comma, as if I were writing the sentence...

And then I noticed myself doing it a lot, and somehow it stopped (THANK GOD) hahaha

The only thing better than saving money is VOLLEYBALL!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information