User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

    37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

    48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

    237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

    91 22.03%
Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1701
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

  1. #1666
    Canadian Guru jasperandchar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clayton Ontario
    Posts
    12,649
    Likes Received
    39635
    Trading Score
    288 (100%)




    watching tonight!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

  2. #1667
    2y uterine cancer free Mia001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,731
    Likes Received
    3027
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)




    what time and what channel please ? i seems to always be missing the best show....

  3. #1668
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,818
    Likes Received
    2527
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    what time and what channel please ? i seems to always be missing the best show....
    TLC is the channel.The date and time December 4 10pm and 10:30 pm ET/PT and repeated at December 5 12am and 12:30 am ET/PT

  4. #1669
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,818
    Likes Received
    2527
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    what time and what channel please ? i seems to always be missing the best show....
    Hope you saw it.

  5. #1670
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,818
    Likes Received
    2527
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    I wish they would put in the cost of the coupons and cost of the taxes in any into the total prices.

  6. #1671
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,818
    Likes Received
    2527
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    double post
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Dec 5th, 2012 at 02:25 AM.

  7. #1672
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,818
    Likes Received
    2527
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Zadia who doesn't have coupon binder any more you would think by the reaction of her friends you think they saw a dead body in the coupon room/office.They were so ridiculous you can't save without a coupon binder well if you have a good sale price and a coupon you save.That lady with her saving for an engagement ring if she didn't buy 50 lotions she would have had almost $35 towards her ring.That lady who had a living room full of her stockpile I thought she would throw a fit when she had to give her grocery trip to charity.Amanda didn't really help her parents they didn't get a balanced shopping trip so they can make meals from it.
    Insane, DianneS and torontogal12 like this.

  8. #1673
    Mastermind Shwa Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    23,252
    Likes Received
    38547
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    We watched the last little bit of the 2nd episode today. Hubby kept saying how horribly thin the teenager was. She really did look anorexic. He kept saying how ill she was, especially with her OCD tendancies. He was really concerned for her mental wellbeing. I don't disagree with him. I haven't watched the show in ages but really that poor girl seemed like she really needs help. It was actually kinda sad.
    Haley.
    I saw the clip on the TLC channel.
    It's sad.

  9. #1674
    2y uterine cancer free Mia001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,731
    Likes Received
    3027
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Hope you saw it.
    unfortunately, i didn't find the channel.....probably not available from our cable dirtributor
    Shwa Girl likes this.

  10. #1675
    Mastermind Shwa Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    23,252
    Likes Received
    38547
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    unfortunately, i didn't find the channel.....probably not available from our cable dirtributor
    Here are some of the newer clips from their website:
    http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/extr...tail-blues.htm

    Youtube also has some of these clips from recent episodes.

  11. #1676
    One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,085
    Likes Received
    20331
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Zadia who doesn't have coupon binder any more you would think by the reaction of her friends you think they saw a dead body in the coupon room/office.They were so ridiculous you can't save without a coupon binder well if you have a good sale price and a coupon you save.That lady with her saving for an engagement ring if she didn't buy 50 lotions she would have had almost $35 towards her ring.That lady who had a living room full of her stockpile I thought she would throw a fit when she had to give her grocery trip to charity.Amanda didn't really help her parents they didn't get a balanced shopping trip so they can make meals from it.

    i completely agree. i even said to my son... where are the fruits/veggies/ meat/ potatoes etc to make meals. unless you consider the boxes/packages of whatever they were buying. although i have occasionally seen a family shop sorta they way we do and using the overages etc to buy those thing.
    Poirot likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

  12. #1677
    Canadian Genius Insane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    6,751
    Likes Received
    4625
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Zadia who doesn't have coupon binder any more you would think by the reaction of her friends you think they saw a dead body in the coupon room/office.They were so ridiculous you can't save without a coupon binder well if you have a good sale price and a coupon you save.That lady with her saving for an engagement ring if she didn't buy 50 lotions she would have had almost $35 towards her ring.That lady who had a living room full of her stockpile I thought she would throw a fit when she had to give her grocery trip to charity.Amanda didn't really help her parents they didn't get a balanced shopping trip so they can make meals from it.
    Please stage an intervention for me if I buy 50 bottles of lotion or 100s of toothpaste (which have an expiry date!). I don't get how they equal the coupon amt into money saved. It's crazy.
    torontogal12 and duckface like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

    Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

  13. #1678
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    3,802
    Likes Received
    3605
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)




    That $500 "savings" was the stupidest thing I have seen in a very long time. If she had bought $500 worth of groceries that would fed them for a month or two that would have qualified. She may have saved more if she had just stayed home!
    Poirot and GoddessDigi like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

  14. #1679
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,818
    Likes Received
    2527
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Please stage an intervention for me if I buy 50 bottles of lotion or 100s of toothpaste (which have an expiry date!). I don't get how they equal the coupon amt into money saved. It's crazy.
    Of course we'll stage an intervention.I agree it's definitely crazy.I think saving money is not spending money.
    Insane likes this.

  15. #1680
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,818
    Likes Received
    2527
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    That $500 "savings" was the stupidest thing I have seen in a very long time. If she had bought $500 worth of groceries that would fed them for a month or two that would have qualified. She may have saved more if she had just stayed home!
    How true she would have saved money staying home.She wouldn't have spent money on stuff she really didn't need in an amount she really didn't need.
    Insane likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •