User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by compukelly View Post
    Its kinda nuts. IF she has an MBA she could have a high paying, high benefit job that would make "saving" (on huge quantities of the same items) by spending that much time on coupons seem ridiculous
    Tammilee's got an MBA and she talks about savings it's spending that counts.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by compukelly View Post
    Its kinda nuts. IF she has an MBA she could have a high paying, high benefit job that would make "saving" (on huge quantities of the same items) by spending that much time on coupons seem ridiculous
    The U.S. has been going through a deep recession. Tammilee lost her management job due to the recession. She has found that she can live well, without the previous salary, using coupons and her MBA training.

I like that she makes lemonade when life handed her lemons. She is still able to take a vacation, take care of her home, take care of her family and live her life.

All very positive -- really like the message of this week's TLC show.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

May 25 Arizona's Amber Flores feeds her family of six on just $50 a week.Meanwhile in Ohio Amanda tries to impress her grandmother by besting her own couponing haul record.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just wanted to post this because I just found it, haven't seen it posted yet. Get ready to vomit in your own mouth at how disgusting this woman is:

In April, coupon shoppers from around the country worked together to expose apparent coupon fraud on an episode of TLC's "Extreme Couponing," in which shopper Jamie Kirlew appeared to use coupons for products that she did not buy. (http://www.jillcataldo.com/alleged-t...ouponing-fraud)

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal today, Jaime Kirlew admits she did indeed use coupons in a fraudulent manner on the show:

You matched barcodes, as long as they worked, rather than products, right?
    Yes.

Do you believe that was the right thing to do?
    Yes, I believe that I have done nothing wrong. I’ve even had managers take my purchase and check me out. They’ve told me, “If the coupon goes through at my register, I’m getting reimbursed for it.” I have never been approached by anyone in authority telling me to do something different.

Will you change your methods now that manufacturers are changing the barcode system?
    I do not intend to change my shopping habits unless or until the code changes...

What do you want from this interview?
    I want to stop being the Scapegoat. I used a Buddig Deli cut for a 12/16 ounce packet for a 2 ounce packet because the numbers matched. The coupons went through at the register and I did not have any problem.

Read more: http://www.jillcataldo.com/extreme_c...fraud_admitted

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I just wanted to post this because I just found it, haven't seen it posted yet. Get ready to vomit in your own mouth at how disgusting this woman is:
    She admitted a crime.I think they should put her in jail.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Hit her where it hurts, seize her stockpile.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by aoffman View Post
    Hit her where it hurts, seize her stockpile.
    or her local stores could ban her from using coupons or a worse punishment exile to Canada and force her coupon the Canadian way.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post

Yeah she is a real piece of work that one. This show is getting ridiculous, it's just repeating the same thing different towns every week now. Nothing to learn from it and it's not even entertaining.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Yeah she is a real piece of work that one. This show is getting ridiculous, it's just repeating the same thing different towns every week now. Nothing to learn from it and it's not even entertaining.
    I find it entertaining because it is ridiculous.I think Amanda the lady that had 4000 rolls of toilet paper is back on the May 25 episode should be interesting how many rolls of toilet paper she has now and how she wants to impress Grandma with a bigger haul.You would think a Grandma would be impressed if she got rid of some of her hoard.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I must have missed the 4000 rolls episode. lol That must fill the garage up for sure. lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I must have missed the 4000 rolls episode. lol That must fill the garage up for sure. lol
    She was on the first special hour long show.She has her hoard of toilet paper in her house.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, May 14th, 2011 at 02:03 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

no, she fills her kids rooms with it. Gee, they won't be made fun of at school at all.

shaykeija
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

well someone has to say it..she must be full of crap to have that much tp at her house...lol

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I download episodes as they come out and so far, I've enjoyed the ridiculousness of it all. I find that it's very sensational, like good (bad) TV should be. It's like all of those shows - not exactly the best value for your time, but fun to watch. Hey, kinda like a lot of the products they're buying!

As for me, my shopping experience can never compare because it's really not possible to do in Canada and especially if you want to have a healthy, balanced diet.

Personally, I make a point of contacting companies that I like to see about coupons, and I look for coupons where I can (that includes recycling walks), but I never expect to have a savings of more than 60% on a REALLY good trip...'cause I like things like fresh produce, etc. I do go to stores at the end of the night to get discounted bread, and shop frequently to find discounted meat, dairy, and produce. A food saver and a deep freeze really come in handy.

I only buy the "junky" food we really like - frozen pizzas, boxed cereals, etc. and anything that's free (or nearly free). But, for the most part, we tend to eat a lot of fresh stuff and supplement maybe 20% of the time with packaged food. I try to be VERY cognizant of the products that come into my house, and exactly WHAT I'm being sold (are the products full of addictive HFCS? are they fatty, salty products that are going to become REALLY unhealthy over time?).

I do have a small stockpile of things that don't expire/have a long expiry, like cleaning products and bathing products. I think that the value for these coupons is particularly good at times and they really drive up my savings (without them, I might save only 30% of my bill or so).

I think that stockpiles, within reason, are very important. Whether you're looking at toilet paper, or preserves, or buying half a cow and freezing the meat, if it's something you will use, it's savings. However, I would draw the line at a stockpile taking over my house and spaces that are not designed for storage (ie. under my child's bed!!).

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

One of my local supermarkets reduces first thing in the morning. Though they have switched form 50% off to 30% off. My best bargin was a cooked lobster reduced from $10 to $1.

Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast

Thread Information