User Tag List

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

You have a bright future ahead even though it seems like a struggle now it will be so worth it in the long run.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Glad to hear things are starting to look up. Good luck with your course!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You have come a long way in a few short months. Good for you!
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

My son starts daycare tomorrow and he is so excited!!!! Today I made the decision to go to the foodbank. I am usually one of those people that donate and now I am using the service. When I got home I had a little meltdown, wondering how I ended up in this spot. I am good with my situation now and I need to move forward. I saw my lawyer as well today and my ex wants to plea undo hardship so he gets slack on childsupport. He makes $80,000 and year and just bought himself a 2005 dodge turbo deseil. Too me thats not hardship?!?!? I am hoping to finally receive childsupport in August if all goes well and payment for the buyout of the house. I am hoping the stress goes away soon, because I am having a hard time focusing in school right now. I just keep thinking about my son and I get refocused. Sorry for the long story her, but sometimes I just need to let it out. Its good for my stress to release something

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    My son starts daycare tomorrow and he is so excited!!!! Today I made the decision to go to the foodbank. I am usually one of those people that donate and now I am using the service. When I got home I had a little meltdown, wondering how I ended up in this spot. I am good with my situation now and I need to move forward. I saw my lawyer as well today and my ex wants to plea undo hardship so he gets slack on childsupport. He makes $80,000 and year and just bought himself a 2005 dodge turbo deseil. Too me thats not hardship?!?!? I am hoping to finally receive childsupport in August if all goes well and payment for the buyout of the house. I am hoping the stress goes away soon, because I am having a hard time focusing in school right now. I just keep thinking about my son and I get refocused. Sorry for the long story her, but sometimes I just need to let it out. Its good for my stress to release something
    Glad your son is happy about day care.
    Good on you for having the lawyer pursue child supoort. Rooting for you.
    If school get's too much, can you ask for a leave of absence, and continue a little later? Just so you don't lose your money that you already invested...

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Undue hardship very rarely flies in the courts; only in very extreme cases does it work.

I'm in Ontario, but the laws extend across the provinces as well as a lot of the processes.

I represented myself for all custody & child support hearings which include getting the initial orders in place, and Motions to change as my children are older (teenagers) so the situation is a bit different.

He will have to file full financial disclosure, but basically, even if a NCP (non-custodial parent) is not working, the court can impute an income which is typically the average of the last 3 years of income tax filed. Also, even if the NCP is on EI,the enforcement agency would issue a Federal Deduction which would deduct child support from EI, Income tax returns, GST rebates etc.

My biggest advice to you is to not budget for, or plan on Child support arriving; the process can take time, and it's usually only reliable in cases where the paying parent takes responsibility and does what is right by their child(dren). Also, make use of the enforcement agency (MEP in Alberta), they will do the chasing and enforcement on your behalf.

If you have questions, or just need to talk to someone who's been there, done that (I've raised the 4 kids without his help!) just PM me.

Best of luck!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

You can do it! You.'ve been through alot in a short period of time. It will get better!
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Offering up a prayer for you tonight.....there is a light at the end of that tunnel, and you will get there! {{{{HUGS}}}}

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Been there, done that! I put myself through university with a toddler. If you ever want to talk strategy, study skills, resources, ect.. pm me.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I am doing really well. I am proud to say I recieved my first 100% on an exam I had today I have high expectations for myself and I believe that I will succeed!! I have a long ways to go in my new chosen path. My son has changed so much in the past month. I thank the food bank for helping us out and my family and friends for begin there for me when I needed them the most! I have a long road ahead of me, but I believe that the choices I am making now will better my son and I. I have had a few health issues that come with the stress. I black out somedays, but its just the stress of everything going on. I have lost a total of 25 pounds in the last 4 months. Other than the stress I feel everyday, I look forward to my future. Thanks Smartcanucks for all the support. There were times when I felt like I couldnt do it but I am going to acheive what I want out of life!! My son is my inspiration

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

You will do great things! I can't wait to see all that you can do!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am doing really well. I am proud to say I recieved my first 100% on an exam I had today I have high expectations for myself and I believe that I will succeed!! I have a long ways to go in my new chosen path. My son has changed so much in the past month. I thank the food bank for helping us out and my family and friends for begin there for me when I needed them the most! I have a long road ahead of me, but I believe that the choices I am making now will better my son and I. I have had a few health issues that come with the stress. I black out somedays, but its just the stress of everything going on. I have lost a total of 25 pounds in the last 4 months. Other than the stress I feel everyday, I look forward to my future. Thanks Smartcanucks for all the support. There were times when I felt like I couldnt do it but I am going to acheive what I want out of life!! My son is my inspiration
    Things will get less stressful in time.It's good you have family and friends support.Just keep believing you will succeed and you will succeed.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Nice update. Wtg on the exam!
    Staying strong for your son is what matters and sounds like you are doing it. One day at a time, one foot in front of the other, that is all it takes. best of luck

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm glad things are going well, and make sure you are seeing a doctor, please, about your 'blackouts'.... you need to take care of your health!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you for the update...it's so good to hear that things are progressing for you and your son and thank goodness for the support of family and friends. You're keeping your eye focused on the future and that's so wise....keep up the great work for your and your son's future. You're setting a wonderful example for him!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread Information