User Tag List

Page 703 of 721 FirstFirst ... 203 603 653 693 701 702 703 704 705 713 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,545 of 10809
Like Tree21467Likes

Thread: What are you thankful for today?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thankful that I got my Covid shot today with no hassle. Bonus I got to have coffee at the latest rendition of a Tim Horton's here in the Shwa!
    ROMEO and SnowFlakey like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at RCSS looking in the FlashFood refrigerator. One of the sales ladies, with whom I often chat, told me that they had a tonne of blade BBQ roasts that had been reduced from $20 to $10 and then $5 for 800g. She bought one. So, on her recommendation, I told her to ring me up for one, too. I paid for my groceries without checking and left.

Upon arrival home, I noticed that the roast had not been charged. I called her and asked if an error had been made. She told me that she knew that I did not have the phone app and that it was the only way to make the roast purchase. So, she just bought the roast for me on her phone. I thanked her profusely and hoped that she did not think I was rude for not expressing my gratitude earlier. I simply did not know. She said it was because I am always bringing new and exotic food for share and taste.

Today, I went by T&T and brought her a dumpling delicacy which many non-asiatics do not try. Food is always more enjoyable when shared with others.
    Skippy, Purdee, Tweets77 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i am thankful that my parents taught me how to sew. i can hem my own pants instead of paying $10-$15 a pair for someone else to do it. I mostly do mending and hemming because fabrics in Canada are pretty expensive to make a whole top or bottoms vs. buying at a store. Recently, I made cloth face masks from clothes that I do not fit anymore. I used 100% cotton tops to make my masks and donate anything that were not cotton or didn't fit me anymore. I ended up with "one of a kind" face masks
    Skippy, ROMEO, Tweets77 and 2 others like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Thankful that my DD phoned me just now and asked if we wanted some Chinese food! Duh!!!!! of course. She was going to pick some up and She told me to me her halfway from her house and she would give us and order! Yay! We havent had Chinese food since Jan or Feb of 2020. our one and only resto closed, not even open for takeour or delivery.
    Skippy and ROMEO like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@SnowFlakey I am salivating over the idea of Chinese food it has been so long since I've had it!
    I am thankful that despite my health issues. I am still able to walk so as to keep myself moving and let me experience the sights,smells and sounds outside!
    ROMEO likes this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Honestly so grateful, and thank my lucky stars the fall I had coming down the stairs this morning only produced a very bruised ego, a couple of banged up forearms and a broken toe. Whew! Ty Universe.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Honestly so grateful, and thank my lucky stars the fall I had coming down the stairs this morning only produced a very bruised ego, a couple of banged up forearms and a broken toe. Whew! Ty Universe.
    I am also thankful that walkonby did not end up worse off than she was.
    Also for the warm weather and sunshine which is good for the mind and soul!
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hey @Skippy ! My favourite colour has always been purple, so my toe is all swollen and deep purple atm, some red in there too!
    I think this is my very first really broken toe?! I've banged toes plenty of times, this is more.
    But no meds, I'm fine.
    If I play my cards right I " could " milk this and limp a bit over the weekend Name:  sneaky.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  3.0 KBto get DS and DH to fetch me stuff.
    We'll see.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, May 15th, 2021 at 12:06 AM.
    Skippy, ROMEO and SnowFlakey like this.

babies teach us acceptance

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    So grateful you werent more hurt. Falling down stairs is very very dangerous. An acquaintance fell down the stairs and broke her neck!

ever since my TNR i fall up the stairs all the time and have broken the same toe 5 times and it is always painful. Ive also broke my big toe and couldnt walkt or wear shoes for 4 weeks.

Im thankful for my kids and grandkids who made Mothers Day special for me even we waited a week longer.
    Skippy and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thankful that it's sunnier and warmer than last week and perhaps we're finally turning the corner on Covid
    ROMEO and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The long weekend and being able to visit others outside!!!
    ROMEO and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thankful that tests are still ongoing at hospitals despite Covid and that I managed to have two in one visit rather than another time!
    walkonby and crafter like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

fantastic. Hope you are feeling better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Thankful that tests are still ongoing at hospitals despite Covid and that I managed to have two in one visit rather than another time!
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    fantastic. Hope you are feeling better.
    Thank you for your concern, tests are mostly preventive.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

For the opportunity to chill with good friend,coffee,and the different birds making an appearance today.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Page 703 of 721 FirstFirst ... 203 603 653 693 701 702 703 704 705 713 ... LastLast

Thread Information