User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Hello and Welcome!

I'd like to begin by saying, that this IS the Official SC Adopt a Newbie Thread, but there is actually ANOTHER official adopt a newbie program on SC. If you are new, and are interested in coupon trading/coupon trains/etc, please visit Mrs. Fabulous' LittleMoe0s thread located here: (click the link)

New users who want to coupon trade and coupon train

This program is to ensure a warm welcoming to our newest members, and to answer any questions they may have. Not only is this the right thing to do, but it also makes for a better experience for the new user, and eliminates alot of repeated questions asked through the boards.

So for our senior members, you are probably wondering what is required of you.. Well let me tell you;

I will pm you with a new users name. You will PM them introducing yourself, and basically be breaking the ice with them. See what brought them to SC (a certain section maybe?), and be sure to see if they have any questions. Also, please let them know that you would like to "adopt them" and you can refer them to this thread if they dont know what you mean lol...

Because we are using the "we-approach-first" method, some users may not respond, some may not be interested in being adopted, and some may just not visit the site again (not because of you, but because it just happens sometimes). This means that you may write out a large pm to someone, and that'll be it. Other new members may have a novel full of questions, if you need help with them, please pm me and I would gladly love to help you out with any q's you are unsure of.

I really only have one rule for this, and that is, do not push your referral links to any new user. If you have them in your sig, thats enough. They have eyes, and if they are interested, they will do this by themselves.

I will always be looking for new senior members to adopt.. you dont need to know everything to adopt a new user. You just need to be kind and patient. I know most of you on here are exactly what we need, so please let me know if you are interested.

Also, I need to know who will be able to adopt a few users at a time. Like I said, some users you adopt will not respond to you. So PLEASE let me know if you can handle more than one

Current List of Adopters:

itsjustmebub
    poohrules
    Miss_April
    Littlemoe0
    orv
    wimbly11 (currently unavail until May)
    bargain_hunter_lola
    amyt0915
    aussie
    daisybear
    elliott_gyal
    Insane
    BookMom
    Gasjoc

You will not receive compensation, but for adopting, I will send you a little virtual gift

As for you new users! I have information for you too!

I basically spend every waking second on SC. Unfortunatly though, I am not a robot, so I do sleep lol...This means that I will not be able to know who every single new user is. I am basically going by posts that I see in the forums and introductions made in the welcome lounge.

If you are interested in being adopted, and I have not sent someone your way, PLEASE reply in this thread and I will be sure to set you up with someone super awesome!

Also,if you have been adopted and there are any issues, please private message me and let me know whats going on (this works both ways, for adopters, and adopted)

Okay I think thats basically it for now, if im missing any important information please let me know!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by elliott_gyal; Wed, Apr 28th, 2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: had to do the message body

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

This information is already on SC in another section, but I thought it would be helpful for new users viewing this thread. A big thank you to the user ILMK for posting this fantastic information

Click to find out more information about the following items:

Smart Canucks Free Gifts

Post Good Deals and Win Prizes Monthly

Searching before posting

Posting a New Offer

Referral Links

SC Icons

Site Related Questions/Comments

Key Forum Sections

Private Messaging (Pm'ing)

User Control Panel (CP)

Candies Explained

Reputation Explained (rep)

Freebie/Coupon Related Short Form

Inserting a Link in your text

Using an Image from your album

Posting a Youtube Video

Trade Ratings
    Last edited by elliott_gyal; Sat, Apr 24th, 2010 at 05:51 PM.

Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Helpful bump!

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

wow good job eg ... those are VERY helpfull links.. ill be surprised if any newbs even need help lol
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I often check out the bottom of the forum page that says 'our newest member is....." Go to their page and give them a welcome message. Most I never hear from but a few have sent me questions. Once a while back I got a question pm'd to me from someone and I couldn't figure out how I knew this person so I checked out their page and sure enough I had welcomed them a month earlier!
    Get program, I think it would have been nice to have someone welcome me...I just adopted to answer all of my questions like how to rep, what Candyland was...more technical questions than actually coupon questions.
    If you need more help I'm in...since I've been doing it for a while it won't be much more work for me

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

thats great, i will add you now

Belinda's Babblings

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Great job EG, and sent my newbie a hello.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemoe0 View Post
    Great job EG, and sent my newbie a hello.
    Tried sending you a gift this morning but candyland is out of stock ill try again later today

Belinda's Babblings

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Love it Can't wait to get started when I come back!! I'll miss everyone here over the next few weeks! I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do when I get back!! LOL!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Wow, awesome thread Elliott! Very useful links!

Can't wait to adopt another newbie!

If you are a lurker, join SC and get in on the savings! We're a friendly bunch!

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

No worries EG, just glad to help out. A friendly bump for the new members.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I need to know who can take on a few people.... since we all have adopted now (other then wim), we all know that somepeople we may not receive comments back from... if ur able to send another welcome msg, please pm me so i know i can send you another user ty

Belinda's Babblings

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

I can take a few on, and will go searching for more SC'ers EG. Gotta few perfect members in mind.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I can adopt more than one. Just let me know

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Sent some awesome SC'ers a message, to see if they had the time to help out and maybe adopt.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information