User Tag List

Page 1467 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 467 967 1367 1417 1457 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1477 1517 1567 1967 2467 ... LastLast
Results 21,991 to 22,005 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Sorry I didn't check back in yesterday. A certain someone, who has never shown the slightest interest in technology, decided to jump onto the laptop & messed up the mouse. Apparently, all the laptop needed was a good night's sleep (although one or two keys are still cranky).

The concerts last night were amazing. An acapella group called Retrocity provided all accompaniment (music, sound effrects, etc) with their voices while various performers sang songs from Paul Simon's Graceland.

There was also a Carole King tribute (Tapestry) - Jackie Richardson did an amazing rendition of Natural Woman.

Oh & if you are a fan of the banjo, John Millard played beautifully during a tribute to Neil Young (After the Goldrush).

In case you can't tell, I had a wonderful time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Now see if you drink you could marry a real nice girl

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TO_Harley View Post
    I was juat able to rack up points on the Bonus Sites and Trivia. Don't know if my entries will count, but it's worth a try.
    BTWF - Coppola
    IWL - Lake Ontario
    WITW - Ireland
    WSI - Twin Peaks
    CRC - is NOT Bono (guessed wrong)
    ClubQ its alive, ALIVE!!!
    Quick get your marshmellows on your sticks because there's a new 29500 points available today. I

f it was April 1 this would have been a pretty good joke from Q.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Classic Rock - Bob Dylan

Morning all!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Slots are very giving today 355,000 in ten minutes.
    Last edited by 6ffightr9; Sat, Oct 29th, 2011 at 09:48 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
    Got Ripped off again by the mighty Q. 107.
    I see they cancelled all the points I have built up in the account. You can not even use the points you had to try to win prizes.They said the points would end on the 28th.
    Well it is still the 28th untill mindight.

UNFAIR!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfDio View Post
    I just Entered a few on a Draw.
    I do not see the Issue you are having.
    Quote Originally Posted by TO_Harley View Post
    DAMN!!! my points are gone too!!! WTF????? i was going to drop them on prizes today but my account has been closed. I am NOT impressed!!!
    I was still able to enter today...bummer for you guys..
    good morning kids.. on the internet on a Caterday..unheard of for me.. but I'm here..cheers to the sun

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, you will want Sound for this One!!!!

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

World's most memorable graveyards

by Teresa Laynes
    Check out these hauntingly beautiful and historical graveyards from around the world.
    “Most famous”, “Most haunted”, “Most beautiful”, “Most historical”, all adjectives associated with graveyards. It’s difficult to make an absolute determination on any of these fronts, as history, beauty, spirituality, and fame are all open to the interpretation, values, beliefs, and eyes of the beholder. One thing is for sure, graveyards are fascinating places to visit. They offer a micro shot of a society, or a certain portion of society, and define succinctly our place within that society. Some of us find peace in them, some of us find pain. Some find them frightening, and some find them beautiful. How we bury and honour our loved ones, our heroes, our enemies, and our brave after death often tells the casual visitor to that memorial a life’s story in one etched sentence, or picture, or statue, or unmarked plot.

Most Scenic: Waverley Cemetery, Sydney, Australia

The Waverley Cemetery opened in 1877 and is located on top of the cliffs at Bronte in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. It contains the graves of many of Australia’s best and brightest former politicians as well as some war graves. It was also used in the making of a piece of filmmaking genius – Baywatch…the movie. It’s the most un-creepy graveyard I have ever been too, and with a spectacular location of a beautiful waterfront. If I had to choose a place to spend eternity, this would be it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Most rich and famous: Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Glendale, California

In typical Hollywood style, this 55-acre cemetery has a lot of flash and drama. You won’t find any elaborate gravestones here. Instead, you will find plot markers placed low to the ground. It was all part of the vision of Dr. Hubert Eaton, the builder of this cemetery, who endeavored to make the place “happier” than traditional cemeteries. You won’t find a forest here as the name might suggest, but you will find approximately 1,500 statues, many of which are reproductions of famous European works of art, several fountains & ponds, stained glass windows, a massive mausoleum, and….a gift shop.
    For many decades the cemetery refused black, Jewish, and Chinese burials. Things have clearly changed as one of its most famous memorial sites is that of Michael Jackson who has been laid to rest in the Great Mausoleum, a site which is closed to the public. Other notables that cannot be visited by the public are Humphrey Bogart, Nat King Cole, Elizabeth Taylor, George Burns, Jean Harlow and W.C. Fields. Some of the more visited markers are those of Walt Disney, Errol Flynn, James Stewart, Spencer Tracy, Bette Davis, Buster Keaton, Michael Hutchence, John Ritter, Liberace, and Telly Savales.
    If you want to visit, make sure to bring some helpful information with you about where to find the person you are looking for as they do not sell maps at the gift shop. That would just be weird…to sell maps….at the cemetery gift shop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning all,

I see we can still collect and redeem points... Strange.

I'm getting very busy at work, so I brought all kind of work for me for the weekend. I'll see how much I can get done. I'm wearing my housecoat on top of my clothes, and Quark is hidding in there. Makes it difficult to type, but I enjoy it

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Most Bizarre: St. Louis #1 Cemetery, New Orleans

With its flashy, yet practical, yet beautiful, yet bizarre above ground crypts and burial traditions (now THIS is a funeral!) , St. Louis cemetery could only be in a city like New Orleans.
    Built in 1789, the tombs in St. Louis #1 are for the most part above ground. The reason for this is allegedly because the ground water level in New Orleans is impractical for in-ground burials, though there is some who dispute this. One of the big draws here is the graffiti laden tomb of Voodoo Queen Marie LaVeau, which is supposedly located in the Glapion family crypt in St. Louis #1 (although there is also some speculation that she isn’t here at all). St. Louis is interesting because the tombs are recycled over generations. When a family member passes, the last persons remains are simply pushed forward to make room for the next (but tradition has it that this cannot be done before 1 year + 1 day), and it has gone on like that for generations. This site has some great information, and I do recommend taking a tour for two reasons. You will get the fascinating history behind this cemetery and, you’ll feel much more at ease since the area it is located in isn’t very safe. I took a tour when I visited, and thought it was well worth the $20. *Note, the cemetery closes at 3:00pm each day.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Most Romantic: Père Lachaise, Paris, France

This is reportedly the world’s most visited cemetery. I would say it’s the world’s most romantic cemetery (Afterall, Heloise & Abelard are buried here!). With enormous trees providing shade to beautiful cobble-stoned pathways, Cimetiere du Père-Lachaise is very French indeed. This was my first experience visiting a cemetery outside of North America. I, like many, went to see Jim Morrison’s gravesite, and left with a passion for how exceedingly beautiful a cemetery can be. I had never seen anything like it. The craftsmanship and art of some of the gravesites is outstanding.
    This 118-acre cemetery is the eternal home to the remains of such notables as Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, Honoré de Balzac, Marcel Proust, Alice B. Toklas, Sarah Bernhardt, Frederic Chopin, Richard Wright, and, of course, Jim Morrison. There is a great virtual tour to be found here!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Most beautifully creepy: Kerepesi Cemetery, Budapest, Hungary

This was one of the most interesting cemeteries I have ever visited, and there was more than one figure here that scared the bejeezus out of me! Opened in 1847, this 56-hectare graveyard is the final home of many Hungarian writers, poets, sculptors, architects, artists, composers, scientists, actors and more. It has a park-like setting that is unkempt just enough to make it a little creepy. Full of outstanding sculpture and art, it is a highly recommended stop, and a photographer’s dream.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Most musical: Zentralfriedhof, Vienna, Austria

This cemetery measures 2.4 square kilometers and has 3.3 million graves, making it the second largest cemetery (after Hamburg) in Europe. Built in 1863, it is the final resting place for some music world heavyweights. Most of the ''musical'' graves can e found in one section called ''Ehrengräber''. Vienna is widely regarded as the capital of classical music, so it makes sense that Zentralfriedhof is home to so many classical musicians and composers (many of whom were moved from other cemeteries). Here you will find Ludwig Van Beethoven, Johannes Brahms, Antonio Salieri, Franz Schubert, Johann Strauss (I & II) and, awkwardly, Falco.

Thread Information