User Tag List

Page 2144 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 1144 1644 2044 2094 2134 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2154 2194 2244 2644 3144 ... LastLast
Results 32,146 to 32,160 of 176703
Like Tree1334442Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My visit with dad today was "interesting".....

Dad is 88 and had several strokes a few years ago which has left him with a very poor quality of life.... he hasn't really spoken in a couple of years, he's in a wheelchair, diaper, etc.... very sad to see him like this when he was such an independent, energetic man his whole life... years ago, when he got into a fight with his wife, he would hop in his car and drive to his home in Florida - just because...

Anyway, dad loves his naps, so visits with him have to be very strategically planned.... we try to visit around 10:00 am (so that we have some time to spend with him before he eats lunch at 11:30). After lunch, he goes for a nap and gets up by about 2:30 - 3:00 pm and is awake until dinner at about 5:00 pm, so 3:00 pm is the "other" time to visit.... shortly after dinner, he's ready for bed. Living in Mississauga (1 1/2 hours drive to NOTL), it's at least a 4-5 hour trip for us....

Today we arrived shortly after 10:00 am and dad was sound asleep in his wheelchair in their main room... the nurses tried everything to get dad to wake up for us.... they patted his shoulders and legs, shook his wheelchair, cleaned his eyes and face, but dad wasn't waking up. As soon as it looked promising that dad was waking, he would start snoring again... We watched him sleep until just after 11:00... the nurses started moving people into the dining room, so we decided to leave.... as soon as we got in the elevator, the nurse came back with dad to meet us at the elevator and said "look!! daddy is awake!!!" Sure enough, his eyes were wide open - just in time for his lunch!!! Dad loves his food too!!!

The day wasn't a complete write off... it was such a beautiful day, we decided to visit the little shops in NOTL and go for lunch in Niagara Falls.... my daughter and her friend were with us too, so it was still spent with family and I know that dad knows that we tried....

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    My visit with dad today was "interesting".....

Dad is 88 and had several strokes a few years ago which has left him with a very poor quality of life.... he hasn't really spoken in a couple of years, he's in a wheelchair, diaper, etc.... very sad to see him like this when he was such an independent, energetic man his whole life... years ago, when he got into a fight with his wife, he would hop in his car and drive to his home in Florida - just because...

Anyway, dad loves his naps, so visits with him have to be very strategically planned.... we try to visit around 10:00 am (so that we have some time to spend with him before he eats lunch at 11:30). After lunch, he goes for a nap and gets up by about 2:30 - 3:00 pm and is awake until dinner at about 5:00 pm, so 3:00 pm is the "other" time to visit.... shortly after dinner, he's ready for bed. Living in Mississauga (1 1/2 hours drive to NOTL), it's at least a 4-5 hour trip for us....

Today we arrived shortly after 10:00 am and dad was sound asleep in his wheelchair in their main room... the nurses tried everything to get dad to wake up for us.... they patted his shoulders and legs, shook his wheelchair, cleaned his eyes and face, but dad wasn't waking up. As soon as it looked promising that dad was waking, he would start snoring again... We watched him sleep until just after 11:00... the nurses started moving people into the dining room, so we decided to leave.... as soon as we got in the elevator, the nurse came back with dad to meet us at the elevator and said "look!! daddy is awake!!!" Sure enough, his eyes were wide open - just in time for his lunch!!! Dad loves his food too!!!

The day wasn't a complete write off... it was such a beautiful day, we decided to visit the little shops in NOTL and go for lunch in Niagara Falls.... my daughter and her friend were with us too, so it was still spent with family and I know that dad knows that we tried....
    I know it isn't easy to see our parents like that. At least you were there & your presence was certainly felt by your Dad. The memories you hold dear of him must mean so much to you.

I think it was a fine way for you to spend Family Day.

xx

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well it was so nice we came back from the forest walk and then headed out this afternoon for a 2 hour snowshoe well me in the snowshoes not aussie girl..she smiled the whole time ..wasnt too sure about my oversized shoes lol
    We are totally knackered - going to get the fireplace alit and cozy down for the evening.
    Injoy

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

good evening, all!
    hope everyone got outside today! what a glorious day!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Life is GRAND!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Greetings all. A waste to spend so much time behind the wheel on such a fine day. Can`t wait to hit the slopes early tomorrow morning!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Burgers live up to hype!

A U.S. man suffered a heart attack while eating a triple Bypass Burger at The Heart Attack Grill on Saturday.

The unnamed ma n who made the burger joint live up to its name survived and is recovering, the restaurant says.

Customers at the Las Vagas diner - where waitresses dress live nurses, anyone over 350 lbs. eats for free and the owner sports a lab coat and stethoscope - were seemingly unfazed.

"It says right on the door, it's hazarous to your health" diner C.J. Beeman told Fox 5 Vegas.

One customer caught the incident on video and posted it online.

"I actually felt horrible for the gentleman because the tourists were taking photos of him as if it were some type of stunt. Even with our own morbid sense of humour, we would never pull a stunt like that" said Doctor Jon Basso, who owns The Heart Attack Grill and is not really a doctor.

But even Basso thought it was a joke at first.

"one of the nurses came back to me and said, "Dr. Joh, we've got a patient who's in trouble" he said, adding he called 911 when he saw she was not kidding.

Wow! too much!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh and Wolfie -

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post

Spotted an otter and a bobcat in my travels.
    How did you know his name was Bob? Nametag?

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

Yikes, I'm all alone with 20 guests! & the critters are asleep! Better skedaddle before I get myself into trouble.

Night all.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

hope you're feeling better, andi!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

night qt's

Everything is Awesome! :D
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Iron Maiden - Children of The Damned