User Tag List

Page 3241 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 2241 2741 3141 3191 3231 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3251 3291 3341 3741 4241 ... LastLast
Results 48,601 to 48,615 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

alohamom, rockit, user-id and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ron Jeremy, star, courted to help nab Luka Magnotta

By Andy Blatchford The Canadian Press
    Share this Article

Getty Images/Alberto E. Rodriguez TV personality Ron Jeremy (C) attends Reality Rocks Expo - Day 1 at the Los Angeles Convention Center on April 9, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. MONTREAL – Twin Playboy bunnies and an animal-rights group tried to enlist one of the world’s biggest stars last year to help catch Luka Rocco Magnotta.
    Ron Jeremy said he was asked to lure Magnotta, a small-time Canadian actor, to Los Angeles with a phoney job offer to appear in an X-rated flick.
    The ploy was concocted more than a year before Magnotta became a murder suspect in the gruesome death of Montreal student Jun Lin.
    Related:

Instead of meeting a legend who’s cavorted for the camera in more than 2,000 adult films, Magnotta was to be apprehended by a hard-nosed group of animal-rights activists.
    Jeremy, however, got cold feet and the sting operation never moved ahead.
    At the time, animal-rights advocates had alleged that Magnotta killed kittens and posted videos of the deeds on the Internet — accusations he has publicly denied.
    Jeremy, an active animal-rights campaigner, wanted to help out, but was uncomfortable with the whole idea of being the bait.
    “That’s a little bit out of my league, don’t you think?” Jeremy told The Canadian Press in a phone interview about the January 2011 proposal.
    “It’s like an episode from some TV show. The (guy) comes to the set with lube in one hand and his schmeckle in the other thinking he has a job, and the cops tackle him to the ground.
    “That’s good for the movies. That doesn’t work in real life.”
    CAUTION: GRAPHIC CONTENT MAY DISTURB SOME READERS.
    Last month, Magnotta was charged with first-degree murder in the ghastly May slaying and dismemberment of the 33-year-old Lin. He pleaded not guilty in a Montreal courtroom.
    The idea for the -gig trap was hatched by Rescue Ink, a group of rough-and-tumble animal activists based in Queens, N.Y. Its membership includes police officers, military personnel and tattooed “street guys.”
    To connect with Jeremy, Rescue Ink reached out to a couple of his acquaintances: former Playboy playmates Sia and Shane Barbi, also known as the Barbi Twins.
    Up until a recent chat with a reporter, Jeremy wasn’t even aware that Magnotta was now a murder suspect.
    “I told Sia I’m willing to do things and help, do public service announcements, or whatever it takes,” said Jeremy, 59, who has been a spokesman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
    “But I’m not a law-enforcement agent. How do I catch somebody?”
    The actor, who has also directed nearly 300 films, was to personally invite Magnotta to come to a Hollywood adult-movie set.
    Rescue Ink collaborators would have been waiting there in the shadows to pounce on an unsuspecting Magnotta. Their captive would have later been handed over to authorities.
    Sia Barbi remembers that Jeremy initially wanted to play along, even though they told him Magnotta was likely only interested in gay or bisexual adult movies.
    “Ron Jeremy said: ‘I only do straight ,’ ” Barbi said in a phone interview.
    “And I said, ‘Ron, let’s focus here. We don’t want to hire him, we want to arrest him.’ “
    But as Jeremy learned more about his role, she said he got cold feet. The Barbis and Rescue Ink expressed concern at the time that the kitten killer in the video could eventually harm humans.
    “I think it kind of spooked Ron,” said Barbi. “It just got a little bit creepy for all of us.”
    When the plan was first conceived, they had a direct line of contact to Magnotta, through the help of a confidential female informant working for Rescue Ink.
    The woman was involved in an ongoing online dialogue with him and the group had gathered evidence for police, said Joe Panz, Rescue Ink’s co-founder.
    Panz, a burly pawnbroker from Queens, said Magnotta had to be drawn into the U.S. because animal-abuse allegations weren’t serious enough to have him extradited.
    He said the potential risks of the scheme were explained to Jeremy.
    “I don’t lie. Yes, you can get hurt,” said Panz, who has six bullet-wound scars from an attempted hit on his life several years ago.
    “I can’t put somebody in harm’s way without telling them, ‘Listen, this could go very badly for you.’ “
    Panz said Jeremy, whose nickname is “The Hedgehog,” was also worried that setting up a fellow adult actor might tarnish his reputation in the industry.
    “I don’t blame him,” he said of Jeremy’s decision not to take part in the sting. “He was in a very difficult situation.”
    Jeremy believes a larger casting call — thus having more people around — might have been a safer option to snag Magnotta. But he said his busy schedule didn’t free up the time to organize it.
    A smaller shoot just wouldn’t have worked, he says.
    “If he comes to an empty house, he’ll be suspicious,” said Jeremy, who also raised other concerns.
    “If this guy’s got friends in L.A., who want to search me out first or check me out first, why would I want to put myself in the line of fire like that?”

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Seen an older lady with 3 big doggies sitting on a bench near me, she told her retreiver to lie down, he was sitting up, he hesitated so she KicKed Him!!!! later on I seen another guy with a nice boxer playing with a retreiver having fun, and he KicKed Him!!! What the Hell!!! Do you have to kick your dogs for doing nothing wrong?????? Sometimes I wish I could give a good Kick to some of these people and Teach Them a Lesson!!!! I tell you If I was a guy with a black belt or something like that I certainly Would!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just got back from kayaking...wonderful way to spend an evening. Have to run & get some gas before the price hike. Early tee off tomorrow...busy, busy busy.
    Have a good night.
    alohamom, rockit, user-id and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

10:16 PM "HONKY TONK WOMEN" - ROLLING STONES buy on iTunes
    10:09 PM "SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL" - ROLLING STONES buy on iTunes
    10:03 PM "STREET FIGHTING MAN" - ROLLING STONES
    alohamom, rockit, user-id and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

10:25 pm "gimme shelter" - rolling stones
    alohamom, rockit, user-id and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

Went to see Speed the Plow. I'm not a huge fan of Mamet, but this one has some wickedly funny moments. Well worth seeing.

Off to Niagara tomorrow to see Gowan (& the Falls, of course ).

Night all.
    alohamom, rockit, user-id and 8 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by attitash View Post
    Just got back from kayaking...wonderful way to spend an evening. Have to run & get some gas before the price hike. Early tee off tomorrow...busy, busy busy.
    Have a good night.
    Attitash I'm surprised you don't know but kayaks don't use gas
    @
    ;

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    Back from the beach for a bit but heading back down.......

Naughty baby!!!

Hey where'd you get my home movies from?
    As you can see I started early.
    rockit, user-id, WolfDio and 6 others like this.
    @
    ;

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

10:35 pm "you can't always get what you want" - rolling stones
    rockit, user-id, WolfDio and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

10:52 pm "let it bleed" - rolling stones
    rockit, user-id, WolfDio and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post

Went to see Speed the Plow.
    Anyone else ever heard of Horslips? I've got a lot of vinyl of these guys from waaaay back. Saw them live twice, including at the Elmo. Very very good Irish rockers often compared to Tull.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

11:03 pm "brown sugar" - rolling stones

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

'night qt's

Name:  yawn-flower-smiley.gif
Views: 177
Size:  15.5 KB
    alohamom, rockit, user-id and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rolling Stones ~ Wild Horses
    alohamom, rockit, user-id and 3 others like this.

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Thread Information