User Tag List

Page 6374 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 5374 5874 6274 6324 6364 6372 6373 6374 6375 6376 6384 6424 6474 6874 7374 ... LastLast
Results 95,596 to 95,610 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That takes me back to the time when nothing would go down the drain at all, any and all drains...
    The main line had been clogged by tree roots to the point of the pipes breaking and collapsing...

Under your basement is not a place that the city will take responsibility for, either, not that I tried...
    For us, it turned into a big, messy, stinky, expensive job...twice, actually...After the first time, we were warned that there was an area that could have the same problem in a few years, and sure enough, it did...

I highly reccomend Mr. Rooter, who also do other plumbing jobs. They scope out the pipes with a camera to find the area needing attention...Then it gets interesting. To replace pipe, they have to dig through cement, dirt. It is not a quick job, but it is a dirty one, and smells like they dug up the graveyard..

Ask for Les to come out. He's the best...
    Quote Originally Posted by rockit View Post
    Morning Q-sters

Hang in there Alohamom...

Looks like we got a little more of problem than just a clogged toilet. Thinking we have a collapsed pipe under the sub basement. Will give the city a call this morning and see what comes out of that.

Cheers

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This has got to be one of the cruelest things "people" do to animals - I just cringe when I think of how these poor pigs feel for their whole miserable lives - just makes me cry - I wish it would just end.....

Animals have done us no harm and they have no power of resistance. There is something so very dreadful in tormenting those who have never harmed us, who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power. ~ Cardinal John Henry Newman.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On another note - one of my presents this year was the new DVD/CD set of GODDO "The Pretty Bad Boys Return" It was recorded live at the Sound Academy 2010 and I was there! Haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I'm sure it will be good and maybe I'll see someone I know in the audience!

Another gift was tickets to see them Dec. 31 at the Rockpile East so I know what I'm doing for New Year's Eve!!!!

It looks like your on here mechman and I remember you seen them a few month's ago there - what was the old knobbie like? Is there much seating and is there lots of standing room in the front? Have no idea when to get there? Can you tell me anything about the place?

I also got Lynyrd Skynyrd "Sweet Home Alabama" playing live in Hamburg. Should be great too!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post

It looks like your on here mechman and I remember you seen them a few month's ago there - what was the old knobbie like? Is there much seating and is there lots of standing room in the front? Have no idea when to get there? Can you tell me anything about the place?

There is limited seating on the left wing, pretty large standing area, low ceilings throughout.
    Two bars, there is also an anti-room off the other wing, where they can set up chairs, but no view of the stage.
    The first few seconds of this video, is shot from the back close to the seating section, might give you some perspective.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-2jlmabK8k

Best Video from the Grand Opening Weekend.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluewaterwitch View Post
    That takes me back to the time when nothing would go down the drain at all, any and all drains...
    The main line had been clogged by tree roots to the point of the pipes breaking and collapsing...

Under your basement is not a place that the city will take responsibility for, either, not that I tried...
    For us, it turned into a big, messy, stinky, expensive job...twice, actually...After the first time, we were warned that there was an area that could have the same problem in a few years, and sure enough, it did...

I highly reccomend Mr. Rooter, who also do other plumbing jobs. They scope out the pipes with a camera to find the area needing attention...Then it gets interesting. To replace pipe, they have to dig through cement, dirt. It is not a quick job, but it is a dirty one, and smells like they dug up the graveyard..

Good info to have BWW. Are you saying Les is more??

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good afternoon all. Have been working today, but we have all been in the office since boxing day when it just got too cold. We have been warm and have had the internet. When we went home to get the turkey on Christmas it was party frozen in the bine, thought it was going to be a problem but it cooked ok. We called home a half an hour ago and the power was on, and the answering machine answered. But it is back off again.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks mechman, that helps. Does the seating give a good view of the stage - not that I'd be lucky enough to get it and I'd like to be up front as well!

Did anyone play before them when you went?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Thanks all

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Another perfect night to get comfy in your favourite chair & find something good to watch on TV. I wonder if there is anything good on?

Love the Andy Griffith before & after portrait. Wasn't it nice that they were able to pose together again?

I made a great bit pot of turkey soup today & tomorrow I'll make a turkey tetrazzini casserole to freeze & put away for one of those nights when we are having a I-don't-know-what's-for-dinner times. (seems we have quite a few of those)

Name:  Sweater Chair.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  49.5 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
    Just don't say you have a cracked pipe when you call the city - you'll have the mayor on your doorstep. Good luck Rockit.
    Good one Jester...But Mayor Ford is not my mayor, though the one we got has some nasty rumours about him going around that would make Ford look like a choirboy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluewaterwitch View Post

Thanks for the post bww, but we got off lucky, it wasn't collapsed pipes. Seems it was a just a nasty clog and with the equipment we were using yesterday it just wasn't powerful enough. Home Depot and Lowes were open but their rental departments were closed, so we just bought a cheap snake. The plumber even said his heavy duty auger had a hard time breaking through. He got the auger 60 feet out the drain that should take it to the main sewer line. The city checked the sewers out on the street but once they saw the sub-basement they bailed and told me to get a plumber. We used Thos R Birnie & Sons. Very good service as well...

Time for a cold beer

Cheers!!!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockit View Post
    Thanks for the post bww, but we got off lucky, it wasn't collapsed pipes. Seems it was a just a nasty clog and with the equipment we were using yesterday it just wasn't powerful enough. Home Depot and Lowes were open but their rental departments were closed, so we just bought a cheap snake. The plumber even said his heavy duty auger had a hard time breaking through. He got the auger 60 feet out the drain that should take it to the main sewer line. The city checked the sewers out on the street but once they saw the sub-basement they bailed and told me to get a plumber. We used Thos R Birnie & Sons. Very good service as well...

Time for a cold beer

Cheers!!!
    Wow, you did get off lucky. Good to hear.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm exhausted !! Spent much of the day trying to clean up. There's dog hair EVERYWHERE.

Only had so much time though, my niece & her boyfriend came from Brock University for a visit this afternoon & just left to head back. It was really nice to see her.

I think I'll take Loocie's suggestion, and pull up a chair & crash.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

hahaha

Name:  roommate is a jerk.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  36.6 KB

Thread Information