User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Yeah, the 'Not as far as I'm concerned' irked me. Very holier than thou. I wasn't using any coupons that day, so I didn't make a deal out of it.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I don't care if almost everything is $1 already. That was just plain rude.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

With other Dollarama stores available, I would be taking my $ to another store! How rude!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had the same sort of reaction when I had called to check with the Bayers Lake location.

I am going to try the one in Halifax Shopping Center.. I haven't been there in ages so I'm not sure what products they have at that location, but when I called the person who answered the phone said they take "some" coupons but she would have to see them to confirm. Worth a shot, Better than a straight "No" anyway

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

I just got back from the $$ store tacoma the girl who waited on me said I was the first person to use coupons that she has had so she called her manager and the manager goes well it says one coupon per item and I was like just ring them in seperate I didnt wanna explain the difference to them so they did but were not happy about it.....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

I think we are all going to have lots of patience with the staff at Dollarama for the next few...months?? If they haven't used coupons before, then it is going to be a learning experience for them!

I haven't tried the one here in Truro. I'll have to try it when I can go there during a week day, when it is not as busy.

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

My only concern is that if someone for example buys 26 dawn dish soaps with a buy2 save $1 coupon it could change everything for us couponers who do not shop like this. It brings way too much attention and causes way too much unnecessary discussion thus eventually leading to higher prices (anyone notice that toothpaste is now 2$ at dollarama) or accepting no coupons at all. So then even those who "hoard" shop will eventually ruin it for themselves, while simultaneaously ruining it for their SC comrades. Smart shopping pays for a life time....Greed does not. There will always be other coupons people, expiry dates do not mean forever!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

well said, janne!
    If you'd like to open a Tangerine bank account, why not use my orange key
    42420997S1 and we will both receive a $50 bonus! www.tangerine.ca/referafriend/
    (if you use my key, let me know and I will send you a little thank you gift)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aoffman View Post
    I was at the Dollarama in Bayers Lake today. I asked the cashier if they take coupons, as I had heard that the Tacoma drive location did.

The cashier said something to the affect of: Not as far as I'm concerned, we don't. I mean, it is sort of inane, most everything is already a dollar...

That's pretty much what the girl at Tacoma told me about two weeks ago.
    Join Gift Hulk ,Earn gift cards & paypal http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kcsaver
    Join PaidViewPoint http://paidviewpoint.com/?r=u2pnoz

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Janne I read a recent article about Dollarama not being able to sustain it's prices and that they would have to look at increasing them if they want to survive. I don't think coupon use will affect pricing. I actually think they are now accepting coupons in an effort to keep customers because they will be increasing prices in the near future.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

The toothpaste has been $2 for months. I was buying a specific kind there and the price went up way before there was any mention of taking coupons.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like the Tacoma store. Plus some of the employees aren't too hard on the eyes so it makes the transaction easier

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Amherst Dollarama TAKES coupons, was t here this am....... saved a ton...
    Last edited by grannyg; Wed, Jul 6th, 2011 at 05:11 PM.

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Thanks Punkie. I can't help but wonder about this because any local Dollarama I've been in always has line ups with lots of purchases. Dollarama gets their stuff at rock bottom costs, which is why sometimes you go for a particular item and they are no longer stocking it, they used to have great doggie bags and now they have this cheaper quality version that looks prettier but scary to use if your dog has had a good day in the trash! What'll happen if they increase their prices is people just won't buy. For example if Colgate is 2$ there and on sale at shoppers for 1.49$ then thats where I take my coupon. Soon it won't be a dollar store and maybe they will loose customers because of that. I can already find equal products for better prices than the dollarama....plus I have the option of returning if something goes wrong. Once you start increasing you price on items that can be bought regularly cheaper elsewhere then your cutomers start to dwindle. Pretty soon the only 1$ item you can get is a card and that being said at Mic Mac, Carlton cards (bottom level) has a whole side of cards on sale 5/1$. Wish I had time to look, could use some.
    Just my thought.
    But hey Grannyg, hooray!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Was at Halifax Shopping Centre today and the Dollarama takes coupons there now!
    *Couponing is a way of life*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information