User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ahem.....those darn torrents strike again.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiegirl View Post
    Well I just came back from Blockbuster and it is still 25%, not 40% off.
    Yeah, I've got a Blockbuster just up the street from me and I went there real quick about 25 mins ago and it was closed, but I looked in the window and they have postings around the store still saying 25% off!!

What the hell is goin' on here?? I've been reading that some people are saying the next price drop to 40% is today. Well, it's not looking that way from what I've seen....

Are certain stores only dropping to 40%?? All Blockbuster's are the same, right?? Which would mean if one store is dropping to 40%, shouldn't the rest of them as well??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, I call major B.S. on the 40% drop today and the reason I say that is because I just called up not one, not two, but three separate Blockbuster locations and they all had no idea about it.

I first called the one in Milton, Ont (905) 864-4503, then the one in Georgetown, Ont (905) 873-6355 and finally one location in Brampton, Ont (905) 452-1780. They are all STILL at 25% off.

If there was any rumor or whatever of them going to 40% today, I believe one of the stores would've known about it, but nope. They all had no idea. Even the Blockbuster.ca website still says 25% off DVD/Blu-Ray.

This 40% off price drop is a hoax from what I can tell.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went in today and got four dvds for $24, I'm pleased (I got The Social Network, Bottleshock, and the last two dvds for Avatar: The Last Airbender, if anyone's curious). I think I'll go back when the price drops again.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

UPDATE!

Coles notes version

My apologies for those who really wanted stuff today, we'll just have to be patient a little while longer
    They are awaiting a memo to be sent out about the future of the sales and stores.
    Some stores are close to bare and will be closed early. We are not seeing the discount today because of the movies that might be in tommorrow.
    September 13

Thor
    Take Me Home Tonight
    Star Wars : The Complete Saga
    Glee Season 2
    Lost Future
    The Tempest
    Incendies
    American Breakdown
    Good Neighbours
    Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fourth Season

Games that were supposed to be released but might not:

Supremacy MMA PS3/360
    White Knight Chronicles PS3
    NHL 12 PS3/360
    God of War: Origins Collection PS3

The movie companies and other retailers will be upset if these titles go for 40%, so they are deciding on what to do.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I forgot to post an hour ago when i got home from town. ya the 40% didn't happen. the manager told me she had to call around to the blockbusters in the city [toronto] to ask about the discounts but they all stayed at 15-25% so dvdswrapper's post makes sense. My dad was thinking that they might keep the 25% longer since all the bbvs in the city we visited we nearly bare [but ours is still 70%full] so.. i just grabbed high times at ridgemont high [never seen it before].

we'll just have to keep an eye out.

edit: bbv gets the movies in advance and has the employees watch them 1 week prior to the release date so they can 'review' them. I know they have Thor, take me home tonight, and a show called sparticus [no idea what it is] that will be on the shelves tommorrow i assume, what else are they going to do with them.. I saw thor for sale at the stouffville bbv.. and their tvs were sold which apparently wasn't suppose to happen [my brother said the shelves, tvs and other property were suppose to be sold in an auction later].
    Last edited by Evil.Kitten; Mon, Sep 12th, 2011 at 07:59 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    143 (100%)

Was at the Simcoe location today. Still at 25% but grabbed 6 dvds for $40 3 I really wanted 2 for SO and my 3yr old picked out a ScoobyDoo. Maybe will check out the Brantford location tomorrow

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Was at my closest score & movies were 25% off, gaming stuff was 15%. There was still quite a bit of stuff!
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When they do decide to go to 40%, will it first be announced on Blockbuster.ca?? I'm assuming it would be....

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

just got back from one of our stores here and movies were only 25% and games 15%, and the stores was half empty already!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I went back to my local blockbuster today to see if there was a price drop, and like everyone is saying, the prices are still at 25% off.

The store is half empty, and very picked over.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Will they go to 40% by the weekend coming up??

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

No idea if and when they'll change the discounts.. might not at all if lots of the stores are nearly empty as it is.

Most likely they are informed the just before opening if the discounts go up.. i dunno. just guessing.

My brother always goes into blockbuster on his breaks so i'll hear at somepoint in the afternoon if it changes. since he has lots of stuff set aside and is waiting for a better discount.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, they've definitely got to go to 40% at some point, especially for the Georgetown and Milton stores. They are still about 70% full. 25% off is an alright deal, but the majority of the stuff left is priced too expensive, even with the discount.

If they really want to start clearing that stuff out, they've got to drop to 40% or more. Then, it'll be thinned out. I mean, I heard the last day will be Oct. 2nd. That's not too far off and like I said, the Georgetown and Milton stores are still pretty full.

The perfect time to drop to 40% would be by the weekend coming up. I really hope they drop to 40% SOON!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

just checked their website for the hell of it...

who called it it happening for the weekend? lol

Time to go a little crazy♥

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information