User Tag List

Page 126 of 966 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 626 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Another error on Safeway's part.

Just in at Tillicum and there's a sign up saying the Kashi & the All-Bran bars are NOT part of the offer.
    We bought 10 boxes of All-Bran bars yesterday in Terrace, BC and received AirMiles for them. Just did the same an hour ago in Prince Rupert, BC - no problem. It didn't look like Kashi was included in the promo though as I didn't see any signs on them. No notices of error posted though.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I bought 20 packs (bars and bites) All Brans and Fibre Plus bars today--net cost after 10$ coupons exactly 40$ plus $2.60 HST.

After further review (and re-reading the bill), the following issues arise:

1) got charged HST of $2.60 since when is food taxable??
    2) spent 40$ and got 1 basic AM--should have got 2 (small point but relates to point 4)
    3) only got 225 Bonus AM even though I bought 20 eligible products (buy 5 get 75)
    4) did NOT get the Platinum spend 40$ get 50 Bonus AM, even though I spent EXACTLY 40$

At this Safeways, no signs were posted prohibiting all bran bars from the offer, but again my question to Safeways would be since when do purchases not count for AM (they surely counted when they totalled up the bill, AND added HST).

This was going to be a brag (since I did use 40$ of gift cards from the Stouffer's promotion), but has wound up being an un-brag!!!

Anyway Safeways and Kellogg's have been queried on the matters--will keep you advised!!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Safeway did impose a 500AM purchase/item/day limit awhile back.

This doesn't sound like it though.

If missing AMs go to customer service. They can often do a "phantom purchase & refund" to get the missing ones.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

GST/HST is not applicable to basic food items. However, on snack items, tax will apply.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was in my safeway yesterday and was told I could not use any coupons on 10% Tuesday ??

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Doesn't sound right. I use coupons on 10% day all the time.

I do know you can't use the $5 Safeway coupons from the Entertainment Book on 10% Tuesday.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I use coupons on the 10% off day all the time too.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all...just got back from my regular Safeway store for 10% off Tuesdays--all went according to plan

20 packs all-bran bars $2.50 -10$ in coupons
    5 boxes all-bran buds 4.00 -no coupons just a good price

did use the coupons, but AFTER the 10% was taken off (so not only was the 10% usable WITH coupons, but was taken off on the larger pre-coupon price). AND NO HST CHARGED ON ANY OF IT (unlike yesterday, which I've already ranted about.

Bottom line
    spent 53$ on the nose (again no taxes)
    427 AIR MILES!!!
    (leave o-b to do the math on that one, but I think it was pretty much as wash--as in free stuff, all things considered)

And I think I've solved my fibre concerns for the forseeable future

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Heh. We'll be heading out later this morning to do the same thing. Hopefully noone's emptied out the store yet. However, that being said, I'm considering emptying out the store, keeping what I figure we need, and donating the rest to the food bank. As you say, it's darn near a wash, and the local food bank is one of my favorite charities.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Got all my nutrigrain bars today I wanted. 20 boxes and 6 2L of pop.
    Got 354 AM in total. Used $13.xx in coupons + got 15% off. It was a great day. I should be set for Nutrigrain bars for 2 months hopefully. Bought a few other things today too but no more AM. We'll see what next week has to offer.LOL

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay, gotta start off with a bit of a brag. Went to Safeway and got:

2 Boxes of Vector Bars
    18 Various other Chewy-type bars
    2 boxes of Cheerios
    24 Monster Energy Drinks
    1 2lb box of Chicken Breasts
    1 9 piece hot fried chicken

Got it all for $117.56, but also got 505 Airmiles! Wow! Putting a 'value' to the airmiles, probably only out of pocket for around $50-60, which is covered off by the Monster drinks, and the rest is pretty much free.

Secondly, that fried chicken was smelling so good on the way home, had to have some for lunch. Yummy! Of course, with 9 pieces, still lots for supper. Can't complain with enough chicken for 2 people for 2 meals for $4.99.

Thirdly, operabob, could you clarify the Safeway Airmiles limits? I hadn't heard of these before but never had a situation where I was going to get close to the limit. Is the limitation only on each induvidual item (or group of items for combo bonuses)? You mention the daily limit is 500, but I got 505 on this one bill (300 from Kelloggs, 200 from Coca Cola, 5 base). Are you saying that if I went back, I could only pick up 10 boxes of Kelloggs items (for 150 more AM) today, but that tomorrow it resets? Seriously thinking about getting some more of these, but the AMs are what make it worth while. Of course, I'd love to go back today to get more, since it's 15% Tuesday, but dont' want to loose out on the AMs that make the deal worthwhile.

Thanks

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got ambitious and thought to myself, why not phone Safeway and ask them about the airmiles limits? So I did

Daily limit in pharmacy is 2500 airmiles

Daily limit in the rest of the store is a little more complex. Apparently, using the promo airmiles, you can only do 10 groups in a day. Now, especially where there are a decent number of items required, this would involve buying a LOT of stuff. For example, one current promo is Buy 6 CocaCola products, get 50 Airmiles. So they're saying we could buy no more than 60 Coca-Cola products in a day and get the bonus airmiles (that's a lot of caffeine). Of course, if you're really feeling hard up for the airmiles, this is a daily limit, so you can go back tomorrow.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

427 AMs = $59.78 approx.

505 AMs = $70.70 approx.

Sounds like they keep changing how they calculate the daily limits.

I was working today so you mostly cleaned out my local Safeway by the time I got their. Still, as part of my quest.

2 Multiples of Coke. Use 4 B2G1Fanta Free coupons and donated them to the Food Bank = 100 AMs (also picked up 100 yesterday)

1 Multiple of Kellogg's (3 cereal & 2 bars - one $1 coupon) = 75 AMs

7 bonus AMs (in combo with my credit card)

Total today 182 AMs = $25.48 approx.

Will go back tomorrow after checking my ALL-Bran coupons and do a formal charity run.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    427 AMs = $59.78 approx.

505 AMs = $70.70 approx.

Sounds like they keep changing how they calculate the daily limits.

I was working today so you mostly cleaned out my local Safeway by the time I got their. Still, as part of my quest.

2 Multiples of Coke. Use 4 B2G1Fanta Free coupons and donated them to the Food Bank = 100 AMs (also picked up 100 yesterday)

1 Multiple of Kellogg's (3 cereal & 2 bars - one $1 coupon) = 75 AMs

7 bonus AMs (in combo with my credit card)

Total today 182 AMs = $25.48 approx.

Will go back tomorrow after checking my ALL-Bran coupons and do a formal charity run.
    Thanks for the confirmation, OB--unfortunately a rare convergence of sale price (not the best, but at least less than retail "regular club price"), coupons, and AM bonus deals is what is needed to get positive EV...just might have to make one more trip this week--too bad you can't use AM to buy Safeway gift cards, else the cycle could become self-perpetuating

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Agreed. Out east, they can use AM to buy Metro GC, but no luck for Safeway. Kinda ironic, since Safeway is BY FAR where I get most of my AM

Thread Information