User Tag List

Page 269 of 966 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 769 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Originally Posted by operabob
    Likely $40 after coupons.
    Ah, but if you want to get the B$100G100 coupons in it will have to be $100 after coupons. Good tip on the $40 though.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Ewbie-Wan CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anybody received a copy of the Safeway Flyer for the week of March 2-8 yet? As I recall, kelsie94 was kind enough to post this week's flyer early. Was that just a one time thing or will you be able to continue doing this?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

If it was the same as last week it'll be in tomorrow's community paper here.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=operabob;4469544]No maximum/day, however, the most you can earn/day/shop/club card on a particular offer is:

10 offers to a maximum 500 AMs

For example I think it's B5G30 on Conagra this week so the most you can buy is 5 offers X 10 = 30 x 10 AMs = 300 AMs. If you bought 11 offers you'd still only get 300 AMs.

Pepsi is B6G100

With the max. on the offer being 500 AMs it only makes sense to but 5 offers (6 items x 5 offers = 30 items) = 5 x 100 AMs = 500 AMs

Now if you bought the maximum Conagra and the Pepsi offers you'd get 300 + 500 = 800 AMs.

Sorry to parse everything so closely, but is the 10 offers/500 AM limit a daily one or a weekly one (in other words I hit the Conagra tonight for 9 x30, can I return later in the week and score 10 more, or would I have only have one of the ten left). Those cans of CBAD have a long shelf life, as does pepsi cola.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I didnt get the flyer today. Hopefully tomorrow!
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

No maximum/day, however, the most you can earn/day/shop/club card on a particular offer is
    If you have multiple Club Cards you could do multiple shop/day (in theory).

I haven't personally done it but others say they have and it works.

So on the B6G30 offer you mentioned if you had 2 Club cards and did 2 separate shops on the same day you could get:

300 + 300 = 600 each and every day for a week.

Note: If you got 300 on a first shop and used the same Club card the same day and bought 10 more B6G30 offers you would get zero AMs on the second trip.

You could, however, use the same Club card the next day and get 300 more (or 7 days x 300 = 2,100 AMs but that's a lot of Chef Boyardee!).

;-)
    Last edited by operabob; Tue, Feb 28th, 2012 at 10:41 PM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by newfbc View Post
    In the end, if Safeway does 'catch on' to this sneaky underhanded trick, it could come back on the cashier that did scan 2 coupons.

Ron.
    "sneaky underhanded trick?" That's a bit harsh.

I just cut out every coupon that appears eligible and hand over the stack at the Safeway checkout, let them figure it out. That's how I stumbled onto this extra discount in the first place. I'm not suggesting you force the checkout person into an uncomfortable situation - this isn't about being a douche and squeezing every last penny or every last airmile out of the situation.

If the coupon can't be combined with any other airmiles coupon then that could mean we also shouldn't be able to use the Email Direct airmiles coupons at the same time. Or those extra bonus coupons that are sent in the Airmiles mailings every month or two. I have better things to do than try to read all the fine print on every coupon or flyer offer.

At the end of the day I'll rely on their systems and their staff to allow or disallow whatever combination of coupons. That'll tell me what their policies are and what total discounts I can count on to reduce their product prices. If the effective price after these discounts is still higher than buying elsewhere (eg: the pepsi deal this week), then I won't buy at Safeway. It's not an emotional thing; it's not trying to be sneaky or game the system; it's about getting the best price on the product using the sales, discount coupons and loyalty rebates offered.
    Last edited by emax; Tue, Feb 28th, 2012 at 11:47 PM.

Trading Score
    100 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post

I just cut out every coupon that appears eligible and hand over the stack at the Safeway checkout, let them figure it out. That's how I stumbled onto this extra discount in the first place. I'm not suggesting you force the checkout person into an uncomfortable situation - this isn't about being a douche and squeezing every last penny or every last airmile out of the situation.

If the coupon can't be combined with any other airmiles coupon then that could mean we also shouldn't be able to use the Email Direct airmiles coupons at the same time. Or those extra bonus coupons that are sent in the Airmiles mailings every month or two. I have better things to do than try to read all the fine print on every coupon or flyer offer.

At the end of the day I'll rely on their systems and their staff to allow or disallow whatever combination of coupons. That'll tell me what their policies are and what total discounts I can count on to reduce their product prices. If the effective price after these discounts is still higher than buying elsewhere (eg: the pepsi deal this week), then I won't buy at Safeway. It's not an emotional thing; it's not trying to be sneaky or game the system; it's about getting the best price on the product using the sales, discount coupons and loyalty rebates offered.

+ 1

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Yeap, they set their computers to cover these situations. As it's not being blocked I figure it's acceptable until they change their system.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Ewbie-Wan CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post

I can see both sides of the situation, but the last thing I want to do is get into an argument at the register. So, I'm the nerd who reads the fine print to avoid this scenario.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Larry,

Pick a young cashier, preferably male. They can't be bothered to read the small print.

Reminds me of an experiment I carried out with my wife.

We'd order 10 Timbits.

If it was a young guy behind the counter I'd be nice to him and often call him by name (from the name tag).

More often than naught I'd get 12 or 13 Timbits.

Never worked with the young girls. Just got 10.

I figured the young guys were thinking, "I'm workin' at a Tim's for cryin' out loud and they're making me wear this stupid hat!!!!"

Giving 12 or 13 Timbits was their way of getting back at the company.

Try it. See if it works.
    Last edited by operabob; Wed, Feb 29th, 2012 at 01:36 AM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    If you have multiple Club Cards you could do multiple shop/day (in theory).

I haven't personally done it but others say they have and it works.

So on the B6G30 offer you mentioned if you had 2 Club cards and did 2 separate shops on the same day you could get:

300 + 300 = 600 each and every day for a week.

Note: If you got 300 on a first shop and used the same Club card the same day and bought 10 more B6G30 offers you would get zero AMs on the second trip.

You could, however, use the same Club card the next day and get 300 more (or 7 days x 300 = 2,100 AMs but that's a lot of Chef Boyardee!).

;-)
    Actually, I was gonna get some more VH1 Steamers, which I still have buy 2 save 1$ coupons for (and room in the freezer for); not as strong a play as the CBAD, the latter of which I saw too much of on Doomsday Preppers, which I've also seen too much of

Cheers, and thanks again!!

Ewbie-Wan CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Larry,

Pick a young cashier, preferably male. They can't be bothered to read the small print.

We'd order 10 Timbits.

If it was a young guy behind the counter I'd be nice to him and often call him by name (from the name tag).

I figured the young guys were thinking, "I'm workin' at a Tim's for cryin' out loud and they're making me wear this stupid hat!!!!"

Try it. See if it works.
    Good advice, Operabob.

Young male cashiers are less likely to "lay down the law" in my experience as well. Unfortunately there are others that think you're one of those "extreme couponers" trying to get something for nothing. That show has done more harm than good for the typical couponer who just wants good value for their money.

Mtngrl
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Larry,

We'd order 10 Timbits.

Try it. See if it works.
    I can't wait to ask my 15 year old Tim's employee son about this. My morning smile! Thanks OB

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Young male cashiers are less likely to "lay down the law" in my experience as well. Unfortunately there are others that think you're one of those "extreme couponers" trying to get something for nothing. That show has done more harm than good for the typical couponer who just wants good value for their money.
    I tend to agree about "Extreme Couponers". This past year tear pads have virtually disappeared around here and I've wondered if they're to blame.

Another way to deal with the cashier issue is to develop a good relationship with a few of the cashiers. Several know me well at my regular Safeway and even seek me out for AirMiles advice or to help customers with AM concerns. I always treat the CSRs with respect and call them by name. When I go through the cashier I'm always treated as a smart shopper by them. If there's a problem it becomes a discussion rather than an argument.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Thread Information