User Tag List

Page 567 of 966 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 565 566 567 568 569 577 617 667 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

One thing I've done in the past has been to use BW GCs to purchase hotels I can claim on business because I get a cash receipt.

My accountant is good with it because I'm using Airmiles gathered on my personal credit card therefore in a sense I'm buying the AMs as part of the purchase.

Had I used my business credit card then the AMs would be classified as a rebate Any AMs I use would have to be valued as such and declared as a rebate.

I will give the new system one try and see how it goes. I suspect Airmiles is doing the following. BW gives a 5% rebate if you click through to their site and book a room via a link on another site. Airmiles has probably set up a site look like you're booking through their website but is just linking through to BW's booking system and Airmiles get 5% of your money.

What I'll want to know is how this affects the bonuses I get from being a member of Best Western Rewards? Will I lose the 1,000 pts for booking online? Will I get my various levels (gold, platinum, diamond, etc.) bonuses? Will I still get a cash receipt?
    4sure5 likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Using a business card.. how is it known that there's any kind of reward? A lot of business cards have no reward.. and the ones that do have many different types. If the reward is credited to your personal Air Miles account.. I don't see a problem. Does CRA audit credit card statements to see if there's any reward earned? That would be weird.

Ron.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Our taxation system is required to assume all taxpayers are honest (the American system is the opposite).

It's unlikely, especially with businesses, that it will be a problem but if audited?????

I know with my business card gives me a 1 per cent and I always declare it. Why take a chance???

My best friend is a dentist. He used to fly his staff to Hawaii on the Aeroplan points for a vacation every year, at least until CRA stepped in.
    LIVE SIMPLE and 4sure5 like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Interesting.. I'm going to check into that a little more.. I did find this info:
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tp...l/bnfts/lylty/

So personal earning is ok.. but.. if you 'convert to cash' then you have to declare.
    Bob- better watch out for those BW cards.. points to cards to cash?

Ron.
    operabob and 4sure5 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Note

If you control the points (such as when an employee uses a company credit card, you have to report on their T4 slip the fair market value of any personal rewards he or she received from redeeming the points.
    As the owner of the company I read this as taxable benefit if I accumulate rewards with the company credit card.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Ron,

FEATURES

• Free and Exclusive to AIR MILES for Business Collectors
      (The fee to transfer for non-Small Business Collectors is $.15 per mile plus applicable tax.)
    I've always loved how the general public is treated (versus the new "business feature").

$0.15/mile to transfer something that's only worth $0.105/mile.

Also, if you want to buy Airmiles to top up for a flight it's $0.30/mile.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Remember when in September Amex had an offer for spending a certain amount on your card during the month, you'd get 1150 air miles? Has anyone gotten their air miles yet?
    operabob and VEGAS PILGRIM like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't even get that offer. Did get one for 500 AM's as a thank you from Amex, and one for 100AM for any 3 purchases in a specific week, but not that one. Presume everyone is getting different offers, personalized for them.
    operabob likes this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Tommy,

I'm still in my pajamas!

OB
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Alright, a fairly decent AM bonus if you have an American Express Airmiles charge card:

Nov. 1 - 3 B$100G100

Nov. 1 - 3 Buy $100 Total over the period charged to your AMEX Get 50 AMs

So if you Buy $100 at one time charged to your AMEX AM card you'd get 150 AMs = $16.25

10% Tuesday (Minimum $35 purchase) or 20Xs base miles
    (Note: TAX not included). 20Xs only makes sense if you fly.

3 Day Sale Nov. 1 - 3:

Edwards Coffee 6.99 L2

Top Sirloin $3 each Package of 4 L6

Whole Frying Chicken $9

Sig. Cafe Pot Roast 600g $8

Raspberries 170g 1.99 L2

Saf. Kitchens Thick Sliced Raisin Bread $2.50

Bakery Counter Pizza Buns (6) $3.99

Dove/Lever Bar Soap NPG BOGO L6 Free

Other Item of Note:

Purex (96) Laundry Detergent is B2G20 for $10.99???? (or 10AMs each) this week. 10.99/9.94

Next week Sunlight (88-120) is B1G30 for $10.99/7.84
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nice I just got an amex last month...
    I look forward to hearing about the other deals....
    operabob and cheekysaver like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Wow I can't see anything I want to purchase at that 3 day sale... I hope the rest of the flyer is better. There are some really good deals right now. (BTW I finally had some steak... I got a roast at RCSS and cut it up. 5lbs of steak will do us for quite a while but I still might pick up one or 2 more roasts. Adding 10- 12 lbs back into my canning wouldn't hurt.
    operabob likes this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

BTW I finally had some steak... I got a roast at RCSS and cut it up. 5lbs of steak will do us for quite a while but I still might pick up one or 2 more roasts. Adding 10- 12 lbs back into my canning wouldn't hurt.
    Cheeks,

You can also buy slabs at Costco and butcher them yourself to save even more $$$$$$.
    L-M likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    Took advantage of the 15x air miles + 100 bonus air miles. Purchased a vacuum through Sears and will get 488 air miles. Was originally gonna buy the vacuum through Dyson but with the bonus air miles right now it was a no-brainer! (FYI .... Dyson did offer air miles. A whopping 25 air miles!! The vacuum was the same price as listed on Sears LOL!!)

Went to Safeway right after my Sears purchase and ended up with 150 air miles there as well, so 638 air miles in less than 2 hours.
    Did anyone else take advantage of the 15x base air miles back in August? I did receive the 100 air miles from Amex but not the 15x the base from air miles! Does anyone remember if it said could take up to 12 weeks to receive?
    operabob likes this.
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Thread Information