User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Look higher up on the package. It says "Free Kraft Shredded Cheese...on your next purchase of any Old El Paso kit". I don't see any room for interpretation here.

At the bottom it says "Free offer applies to 200g size, any variety. Or redeem $6 towards a 380g size".

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I made this mistake with the free Salsa. I bought 5 at once thinking great deal, I will get 5 free Salsa but not quite lol.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    LOOK AGAIN!!!

At the very bottom it says "or $6.00 towards the purchase of a 380g bag" This size bag goes on sale all the time for $5.99 so......

IT IS FREE!! YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY ANOTHER KIT!
    Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    380g bag for FREE! YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY ANOTHER OLD EL PASO KIT!
    Does anyone have the coupon? What is the exact wording? I believe it says that you have a choice between using it as an FPC or for 5.99 off of a larger size, but that you would have to purchase another kit either way. I don't have the coupon though, so I can't confirm this. (I've been waiting for someone to throw one in the recycling bin in my building because I didn't want to be suckered into buying two kits. )

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

abbasgirl,
    I had the package right in front of me when I typed my post. It clearly states you have to buy another kit.

The reason why they give you a choice of FPC or the 380g is that some places don't sell the 200g size.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thats too bad it wasn't for you. Our family loves the taco kits so for us the cheese is just an extra bonus!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Take both to the cash and ask the cashier to scan the taco kit first. Take the box apart and tear out the coupon while she scans the rest of the stuff in your cart and the cheese. You're buying both in the same transaction so I don't see the problem.
    Jockey Person to Person® can help you grow personally, professionally and financially... and it all happens by providing women with a better way to shop, dress and live. Check it out!

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

ooo... Can someone tell us the exact wording on this? I was about to go out this week and buy a ton of taco kits for the cheese fpc, not so sure I'll do a big stock up if this is the case with the cpn

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

even though you have to buy two taco kits (or one if you wanna rip it apart at the cash, which i'll prob do ) We love tacos, so the cheese is an added bonus for us! Thanks for posting though, i really did think it was a true FPC.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Here is the exact wording.......

FREE* Kraft Shredded Cheese! on your next purchase of an Old El Paso kit.

**Free offer applies to 200g size, any variety or redeem $6 towards a 380g size.

Okay, I read this as get a free 200g size when you buy another kit OR redeem the coupon for $6 towards the larger bag (without having to buy another kit).

Am I reading this incorrectly? I sure hope not (although I think I am now LOL). I bought six boxes of these with hopes of getting six free bags of cheese! (I apologize if I'm incorrect and have misled anyone)
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

I take it as you have to buy another taco kit to redeem the coupon, just like the hamburger helper and the $3 off hamburger cpn...just my opinion...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Well we can all have a taco party

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenMGorecki View Post
    Well we can all have a taco party
    No kidding! The only problem is people have lots of tacos now but no cheese to go with them! LOL!!

I purchased 6 pkgs of fajitas and was going to give 5 to my son/daughter. Wish I still had my receipt! I'd return them all except one and then purchase the rest one at a time to get the free cheese! Darn!
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Like the hamberger helper meat/veggie coupons, I can understand you have to buy 1, get the coupon off the box, go back buy another and get the free cheese. What is the problem of stock piling these? Are the shells left unprotected?
    I stock piled some 80 boxes of HH by emptying the contents into a ziploc sandwich bag (often while in the car) and putting it back in the slightly mangled box, almost every one of them came with the free meat or veggie (because the baggy is holding dry, non-messy goods they can be reused).
    As these kits come on sale (the lowest I've seen them was $1.99 at Loblaws), you bet I'll be stockpiling these kits and the free cheese. So what if it takes a few trips to the store.
    If these convenience foods didn't come with a great freebie I wouldn't spend my money on them. In fact before I read about the free meat coupon here, I hadn't bought HH for over 10 years. I bought my first ever taco kit this spring (with the salsa coupon).
    Last edited by iggysbabysitter; Sun, Sep 11th, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thats true! Thats why i did this: I was planning to get 8 free cheeses.So because I didnt have coupon I had to start from somwhere.I went inside and bought only two packs with coupons.Then went inside my car and cut coupons out.Went inside again and bought 2new ones and got free cheeses.Then went back to the car cut out coupons..and so on until I got 8 cheeses free.So at the end i was left with two packs which still had coupons on them which i will use another time.Thats how I stocked up on free cheeses.So I bought 10 packs which costed me34$ and got free cheeses value of 48$.If i just bought cheeses i would pay 50$ but this way I got kits + cheeses for34 and plus i have two coupons left to use another time when this deal comes back again.I will have starter coupons.These were tricks they tryed to play on us with coupons but didnt work for me.I got my deal!!
    Last edited by dragana1976; Sun, Sep 11th, 2011 at 02:17 PM.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I did the free cheese twice at Metro in the past week, and another one today at No Frills. Each time, I asked ahead of time if I could use the coupon then and there, and they said no problem each time! And each time, the 380g cheese was on sale for 5.99! So, now I have two taco and one fijita kit, and three different kinds of cheese, all with expiries in Dec or Jan! Paid 3.99 for the kits at metro and 3.47 for the kit at no frills (pm'ed walmart).

Lesson is: all you have to do is ask! If they had said no, it wouldn't have bothered me and I wouldn't have bought them, but they said yes every time! :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information