User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I just wanted to mention this in case anyone decides to buy an Old El Paso taco kit for the Kraft Shredded Cheese FPC. I bought a fajita kit tonight with the cheese FPC coupon advertised. The box says " free Kraft cheese, when you buy an Old El Paso taco kit" I figured there would be a cheese FPC in the box since I am indeed buying a taco kit. The coupon printed inside the box is for free cheese, when you buy yet another Old El Paso taco kit . So you basically have to buy two taco kits to get the free cheese. I appreciate the FPC but it is a little deceiving when you think you are getting a cheese FPC in the box with no strings attached.
    I have decided to trade this one since I don't need to buy another taco kit. I usually just make my own but I decided to get the kit since I figured there would be free cheese involved making it worth it. I will add it to my trade list in case anyone is interested

Edited to add:
    You know I just noticed that the box did say on your "next purchase". I guess it was my fault for not seeing that. It is easy to miss and I bet a lot of people fell for the same thing! Or I can tell myself that to make me feel better anyway
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by sweetnlow30; Fri, Sep 9th, 2011 at 07:39 PM.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

That, my dear, is called MARKETING. Since using coupons I notice a lot of products are buy 2, get 1 free, or get free cheese WHEN you buy another taco kit. Before coupons I would only buy 1 but now it seems I buy 2 of this, and 2 of that. I really have to watch how I use the coupons if I want to capitalize on my savings.
    SMILE - and make the world a better place

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

Thats for sure! I have to be careful as well because it is not hard to buy things I wouldn't normally buy because of a promotion, like the (not so free) free cheese LOL.
    Last edited by sweetnlow30; Fri, Sep 9th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I noticed that wording today too and was confused, but I decided to just bring my cart to Customer Service when I checked out, and I chatted with the nice lady there, and when she got to the box I said "Do I really have to come back or can we rip the coupon off the box now?" And she said, "Sure, why not?" I didn't quite understand if I had to actually buy another box to get the cheese as I remembered reading somewhere here that someone asked and they let her use it on the spot. I really appreciate the staff at Thrifty's and the kit was on sale too...she scanned that while I ran to get the cheese then said what a neat deal it was.
    You're right though, I always have to stop and think would I get that, especially cause I like to make the majority of all my food, down to breads, crackers, and chicken stock. I am reminded to research before I go, cause now I feel kind of bad for getting the cheese. Live n learn!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

It was the same as the Beef deal for Hamburger Helper! I am pretty sure it says that on the box.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

same thing happened to me and the hamburger helper save $3 on ground beef. Me and mom thought we would be getting basically a package of ground beef for free, but we are going to have to buy yet another hamburger helper package grrrr...

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

It was a lesson for me to read packages much more carefully. Live and learn We are having the chicken fajitas tonight, and I am using my own cheese LOL.

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

As another said, it's just like the Hamburger Helper merry-go-round!
    Actually very smart marketing on their part!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who made that mistake! I didn't notice it until I was at RCSS u-scan with 4 packages of cheese and one taco kit . I then was re-reading the coupon and noticed it, and just bought the one taco kit and free cheese! I felt like a dolt, but the cashier was chuckling with me on it, as we put the extra cheese aside.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

LOOK AGAIN!!!

At the very bottom it says "or $6.00 towards the purchase of a 380g bag" This size bag goes on sale all the time for $5.99 so......

IT IS FREE!! YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY ANOTHER KIT!
    Last edited by kelsie94; Sat, Sep 10th, 2011 at 09:35 PM.
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, I didnt even read that. Thanks for posting, not worth it for me to but buy two taco kits to get some free cheese.
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well I used an FPC to get this kit, ( with the free cheese coupon on it) so I don't mind going back the next time and using an El Paso coupon ( save .50 ) on the next kit ( I will make sure they are on sale before I do though) That way I'm not out too many $$.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    NO NO NO!!!!!!! LOOK AGAIN!!! At the very bottom it says "or $6.00 towards the purchase of a 380g bag" This size bag goes on sale all the time for $5.99 so IT IS FREE!!

380g bag for FREE! YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY ANOTHER OLD EL PASO KIT!
    Last edited by kelsie94; Sat, Sep 10th, 2011 at 09:35 PM.
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

I don't have it in front of me, but I'm sure when I re-read it said free cheese When you buy a taco kit.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Yeah, I was going to buy one today, do one transaction for the taco kit, rip off the coupon then get the free cheese on a seperate transaction. Good thing I read the package carefully because we rarely eat taco's so buying another taco kit just to get free cheese would be stupid.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information