User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    You found a coupon where?
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jubsies View Post
    Canadian TIRE has done this for years and years.. but only like 2 or 3 weeks... If the item goes on sale, you get the money back for the difference, just bring in receipt.. I remember like 10 years ago when my mom just started working for a store...she would do this..... I just hate their CS sometimes.. arghhh
    It depends on the individual CT as they are franchised owned. Hubby & I had a full fight with a manager of CT regarding this.

While we were camping outside Guelph we had to buy an air mattress and went into CT. 2 Weeks later it went on sale. It was front page flyer sale. An item that we had been waiting for also went on sale so after calling a bunch of the CT, one in Kitchener had stock so off we went.

They absolutely refused to credit us the difference because they don't normally carry the mattresses. We repeatedly tried to explain we were not trying to return the mattress but just get the difference credited to us in Gift Card form as we wanted to purchase the 2nd item only they carried. And how come they didn't have a front page sale item in stock?? We finally just walked out as he was so rude.
    Christa

HappyDancingDealHunter
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Nice!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just read the link from page 2 (the Walmart US telling about this) and if I read right it is for purchase between 1 nov and 25 Dec - maybe just the same here for Christmas shopping????

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Has anyone done this yet? I bought some toys at walmart about 2 weeks ago and now i saw them cheaper in the toys'r'us flyer. So now i'm guessing i will have to return them at walmart, buy them at toys'r'us, then go back to walmart, show them my receipt and the flyer and they will refund me the difference to a gc? If i buy the toys at toys'r'us, i save over $12 plus i would be getting back around the same amount on a walmart gc.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by irsakhan View Post
    now who will inform CSM and cashiers of walmart
    bawahahaha we are of course!!!

Former SC lurker :)
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

ya this is not new, I have done this for many yrs, always watching the ads Some stores have the policy that they will also give you an additional 10% on top of the difference.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

cashiers can be so rude... i dont understand why people have so much anger towards people who are smart with their money

April
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I did the same thing at Canadian Tire just yesterday. I bought a car seat almost a month ago and then it went on sale. They told me that they have a 7 day policy but they would do it for me just this once. Pretty cool

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information