User Tag List

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I would not reply to any of the responses, remove the ad and just sit on the comics for a few weeks. If no one shows up at your door in UNIFORM then sell them. You rescued them from being destroyed, tried to do the right thing and now they are yours.
    If you really feel like you should do something to try and find the owner you can always contact your local police or RCMP detachment and report them as a found item, if no one claims them then they are yours.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    I would not reply to any of the responses, remove the ad and just sit on the comics for a few weeks. If no one shows up at your door in UNIFORM then sell them. You rescued them from being destroyed, tried to do the right thing and now they are yours.
    If you really feel like you should do something to try and find the owner you can always contact your local police or RCMP detachment and report them as a found item, if no one claims them then they are yours.
    totally agree

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

It's very nice of you wanting to return these to their owner. I guess most people would simply sell them and grab the free money!

Also, I have doubt on the third response you received. Who knows if it's from the real RCMP?

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

i would cash in if it were me... if some one stole them why the heck would they recycle them? does the RCMP have nothing better to do?

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I have to agree with the OP, I would try to find who they belong too. Only because if they are worth that much, no one would destroy them purposly. Come on. We are talking Comic Books. And if someone was collecting them, which sounds about right, they would know the true value of them. No comic collector would just one day wake up and throw it out. I would try to get the info on who they belong as well. If few months pass by and no one claims them and your son and husband read them all, Id sell them. I am saying this because my husband the other night lost his wallet with $300 cash in it but no other plastic in it except Air Miles card which does have his name on it. No one has tried to even bring it back. My husband was saying that no one would give them much cash in hand back, but I disagree. There is a lot of honest people out there, its 2 or 3 bad apples that give others bad name. I know I would've given it back. I know I found so many times iPhones and other cell phones like Blackberry and I could've easily sold it and unlock it but in back of my mind I know someone needs this back. So, why would I profit on someone's misfortune.

Anyway, Im just saying that it is a right thing to do and I agree with what you have done by placing the ad on Kijiji. Good for you.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are the RCMP saying that you broke the lawy? Or just that the comics are possibly stolen.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    i would cash in if it were me... if some one stole them why the heck would they recycle them? does the RCMP have nothing better to do?

Sorry, but someone might be looking for this and reported it as stolen to RCMP, if RCMP got the lead to find the stolen property, why wouldnt they act on it? I hate when people bash RCMP like they have nothing better to do. RCMP is just doing their job, because someone might've called them to ask for help and they are just trying to help.

I dont want to assume that you personally never had anything stolen or tried asking help from RCMP for small stuff, but its usually people that never had something like this happen to them to know how it feels when it does. And these items might've had more of a sentimental value to someone than the actual cash. So, to that person this is not something small but rather something that maybe their grandparent left them and maybe the only item they have from them.

Sorry that I am ranting but people with no respect for our service men and women make me angry.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Why would someone steal them and then recycle them? LOL

Sounds like a bad break up, to me. Someone didn't know the value.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I would of just sold them and thats that. Honestly why should you have to be detective? They were in the garbage.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    Why would someone steal them and then recycle them? LOL

Sounds like a bad break up, to me. Someone didn't know the value.
    I am thinking, actually, if this was a robbery, than they might've stolen a whole lot more things than just comic books. Who breaks into house and looks for comic books to just throw them out at the end. I am thinking they might've stolen electronics and boxes of items and than when going through them just threw out what they didnt need.

Possible. But I still think OP is very kind person to even try to put it on Kijiji and find the rightful owner. Good for you. You gain my full respect.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Noones gonna steal boxes of comic books then dump them in the garbage... there would of been other valuables too. Other then some musty boxes of comics.

The person probably died or maybe they threw them out because they just didn't want them, had bed bugs and threw out everything etc.

Really they were in the garbage. She found them, they are hers now., end of story.

With this ad youll get a bunch of losers claiming them when in reality they just want them.
    Last edited by Sally888; Sat, Nov 12th, 2011 at 05:19 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MostarkaGirl View Post

Sorry that I am ranting but people with no respect for our service men and women make me angry.
    Thats out of line. Nowhere in their post did they say they have no respect, nor did they indicate that.
    Last edited by Sally888; Sat, Nov 12th, 2011 at 05:23 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Thats out of line. Nowhere in their post did they say they have no respect, nor did they indicate that.

He said "Does RCMP has nothing better to do" ... sorry that is no respect for RCMP. I am not sure you even know who I was refering this to.

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

I would already be wearing the new boots, coat & purse I purchased with the money. LMAO!

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MostarkaGirl View Post
    He said "Does RCMP has nothing better to do" ... sorry that is no respect for RCMP. I am not sure you even know who I was refering this to.
    Well Im not an idiot haha so I do know who you clearly quoted. Im sure they do have better things to do then find who the owner of things in the garbage are.

It doesnt mean the op of the comment has no respect. That has nothing to do with their comment Its not cool to just assume things about them.
    Last edited by Sally888; Sat, Nov 12th, 2011 at 05:25 PM.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information