User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Really, Additionelle? THESE didn't sell?!!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I agree those are some ugly clothes but I think it really depends on the season/buyers/location.

I worked at Addition Elle in University and I always met my sales quota and they were HUGE. Like $4000 for a 5 hour shift, but then again there are a lot of wealthy people in Ottawa. One morning I sold an entire wardrobe of about $4000 within the first hour of my shift. A mother wanted to splurge on her teenage daughter for back to school. I was super jealous. lol

I never had any problem matching up people with clothes for them, but then again at that time we had a super large variety of clothes. I myself must have bought half the store. lol. DH worked full time and I was a student, so my income was pretty much "play" money and A LOT went back to the store. I think the saddest part of quiting was losing the 50% discount. lol

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I like shopping at AE, they do have some nice items and I think most of those pics are from the MXM line for the younger crowd ( still looks awful though no matter what age)
    I like thier pants, and bra's, they fit me right. Reitmans is next on my list, but I don't like thier pants or Rickis'.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I have bought a lot of clothes from AE. Not anything like those though. They are UGLEEE!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'll admit i can see what they are trying to do... aka.. keeping up with trends set by smaller sizes, trying to be edgy.. but not everything in a size 2 translates to a size 20, when i worked at addition-elle i was always surprised at what they sold.. some things i liked.. but some of it wow.. it was between power business and granny wear.. and i had a manager who would spend most her shift in the back reading a book and randomly changing the schedule (for example i would work friday be off at 8pm next shift sunday only go to in sunday and find out she has changed the schedule and i was 2 hours too early or not working at all)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

thelma may
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hi ladies....as a woman of size- at one time had to buy 6X online from Silouette in US now a size 20. It really is unreal the type of clothes in stores for us fluffly folks! Additionelle used to have nice quality but now carries the same line as their sister store Penningtons. Too many "bar" outfits...not much stylish clothes for ordinary women. There is a big hole in the market...considering the majority of women are over size 14!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Lynn49, you are so right about Macy's and JC Penney. Whatever your size the styles are just great. When I go shopping at Macy's and JC Penney, compliments galore - even one year after the purchase.

C'mon Canada. Treat your "godesses" right!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i'll admit i can see what they are trying to do... aka.. keeping up with trends set by smaller sizes, trying to be edgy.. but not everything in a size 2 translates to a size 20, when i worked at addition-elle i was always surprised at what they sold.. some things i liked.. but some of it wow.. it was between power business and granny wear.. and i had a manager who would spend most her shift in the back reading a book and randomly changing the schedule (for example i would work friday be off at 8pm next shift sunday only go to in sunday and find out she has changed the schedule and i was 2 hours too early or not working at all)
    Sounds like my old manager!!
    Once during the holidays it was just me and her for the night, she said that she had a 'migraine' from the flourescent lights and left me on the floor alone while she sat in the back reading people magazines. Pregnant in heels and having to deal with like 9-12 different people... it made me want to crawl into a ball behind the counter and cry.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

There was ONE t-shirt out this year (I bought one in every colour)...a scooped-neckline, PLAIN (no bedazzling!) t-shirt with just a touch of spandex in it to make it retain its shape. Plain colours, no ribbons, frou-frous, foil animal prints or girly lace trim on it! Can you imagine?! But that was it. One style.

It's just sad....I'll be happy when Target comes our way. Shopping in those stores in the states...they actually have normal plus-size clothes! Shirts without prints and rhinestones...just plain, smart shirts, plain v-neck sweaters in soft knits (not the bulky ones Pennington's sells that makes one look twice one's size for heaven's sake!)...ahhh, yes...can't WAIT! The Worthington sweater line at JCPenny's is absolutely lovely, too!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Worthington sweater line: JCPenny

Do we see any bedazzling? Anything that would scream PENNINGTON'S in it? Nope. It's just like the normal women wear. What a novel idea! I actually have this one in a straw-gold. I should have bought one in every colour!

Lovely. And not a foil-animal in sight!
    No fake "crest" or lace rosettes! No POCKETS on the boobs to accentuate them! Imagine that.

Are we asking too much? To look like "normal" women?!!

Oh, there's just too many good things to see...look for yourselves...and it's so easy to order from them, and iirc, when I ordered from them, it came from a Canadian address in Ontario: no duties! But please check...it's been a while since I shopped there on-line, since we go over once in a while and I stock up.

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/XGN.aspx...&CmCatId=82582

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Does anyone shop at Winners? They have the extremes there, either uber career woman outfits or Hoochie Mama.

Most of us know to select clothes that flatter our shape, whatever that may be. Some people are more interested in following the latest trends, even though they may need "assistance" to get into some of these outfits.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Does anyone shop at Winners? They have the extremes there, either uber career woman outfits or Hoochie Mama.

Most of us know to select clothes that flatter our shape, whatever that may be. Some people are more interested in following the latest trends, even though they may need "assistance" to get into some of these outfits.

thats about how it is at addition elle!.. then add in "granny wear" it's insane BUT they still make shirts with cats on them for plus size women!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, goodie gumdrops! Shirts with cats on them you say? I can hardly wait to get my paws on them. LOL!!!

I purchased a whole whack of beautiful, plain shirts from LLBean last year..shipping was great and the quality of the products you just can NOT find anywhere in Pennington's or AE. Not even close.

Just peek at those beautiful, simple, UNbedazzled clothes! Just like NORMAL people wear! And yes, this page is plus-size!

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/617?nav=gnro-hp

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Those are hilarious. A few of those shouldn't be worn by anyone -imo. Immediately thought of the news segment from SNL a few years ago - REALLY??! With Seth & Amy.

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponandoff View Post
    Those are hilarious. A few of those shouldn't be worn by anyone -imo. Immediately thought of the news segment from SNL a few years ago - REALLY??! With Seth & Amy.
    OMG, I love that segment. Seth still does it sometimes. I often look at DH when he says something stupid and do the "Oh Really" voice. lmao

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponandoff View Post
    I agree! totally hilarious!!

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information