User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Really, Additionelle? THESE didn't sell?!!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

I think the problem lays in the fact that a slim woman say under 140 lbs can only come in so many shapes etc. Whereas bigger girls, over 180lbs or so can come in 20 different shapes and all be the same size. If that makes sense?

Because of that they cannot mass produce something and expect it to look flattering or fit every girl in a size 14. I think if you are in a professional career than you should definantly be hitting up a tailor. I took fashion class in highschool for that one reason, because I knew as a bigger girl I would need to learn how to alter clothing in order to get a proper fit.

Last summer I purchased a halter dress in a LG and being that I have a 36B chest the top was WAY to big on me. I mean if I were to have worn a bra under it it would have been no problem but in order to wear it without a bra it REALLY needed to be altered...

I love how most companies think that the larger you are, the larger breasts you have... I WISH!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    I think the problem lays in the fact that a slim woman say under 140 lbs can only come in so many shapes etc. Whereas bigger girls, over 180lbs or so can come in 20 different shapes and all be the same size. If that makes sense?

Because of that they cannot mass produce something and expect it to look flattering or fit every girl in a size 14. I think if you are in a professional career than you should definantly be hitting up a tailor. I took fashion class in highschool for that one reason, because I knew as a bigger girl I would need to learn how to alter clothing in order to get a proper fit.

Last summer I purchased a halter dress in a LG and being that I have a 36B chest the top was WAY to big on me. I mean if I were to have worn a bra under it it would have been no problem but in order to wear it without a bra it REALLY needed to be altered...

I love how most companies think that the larger you are, the larger breasts you have... I WISH!
    THIS is my problem! I am no where near what they think I should be...I have tangerines and they make clothes for melons! lol

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

May I steal that line?!

Of course...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Driving to work this spring, I saw a larger woman on the sidewalk. Short top that barely covered her belly button worn with leggings. The leggings were black, but they were overstretched and shiny with the lycra in them. Every ripple showed. When she turned around, it became evident that she was either wearing a thong or nothing at all under those leggings, as her behind showed as two white moons through the stretched-out leggings. Yikes. She appeared to be heading to the bus stop to go to work!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    That's seriously cute....

Sometimes I look round shops and think that a burka is the best choice for a vertically challanged lady with horizonal control issues....

Or just live in a muu muu

(uh, note, I actually would probably wear that one, I picked a non-offensive one...)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    Driving to work this spring, I saw a larger woman on the sidewalk. Short top that barely covered her belly button worn with leggings. The leggings were black, but they were overstretched and shiny with the lycra in them. Every ripple showed. When she turned around, it became evident that she was either wearing a thong or nothing at all under those leggings, as her behind showed as two white moons through the stretched-out leggings. Yikes. She appeared to be heading to the bus stop to go to work!
    Exactly! Don't those people own mirrors, or have they just given up and don't care anymore? Do they have friends who let them walk out of the house like that?!
    There's such a difference in countries such as Italy...the only people in shorts in the 'downtown' core are tourists! Jeans are only in the darkest wash, in perfect shape, worn with very classic pieces. No wonder they take pictures of people in North America and laugh! It's disgusting what people here feel is acceptable, and a lot of the blame is on the shoulders of retailers here!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Exactly! Don't those people own mirrors, or have they just given up and don't care anymore? Do they have friends who let them walk out of the house like that?!
    There's such a difference in countries such as Italy...the only people in shorts in the 'downtown' core are tourists! Jeans are only in the darkest wash, in perfect shape, worn with very classic pieces. No wonder they take pictures of people in North America and laugh! It's disgusting what people here feel is acceptable, and a lot of the blame is on the shoulders of retailers here!
    Umm, how many europeans do you think are plus size? Not a whole lot, their lifestyle compared to North Americans is completely ridiculous. I don't think there is any room for comparison between the fashion there and the fashion here. The North American food industry tends to have significantly more preservatives then European food and drink.

However at the same time, what are retailers supposed to do with the rising rates of obesity? Of course they are still going to want to make profit, and at that point they don't care what they make for the larger population. IMO.

America is ranked #1 with 30.6% obesity rate...
    Mexico is ranked #2 at 24.2%
    United Kingdom ranked #3 at 23%
    Canada is ranked #11 at 14.3%
    Italy is ranked #25 at 8.5%

and the LOWEST ranking country(s) is a tie between South Korea and Japan with a SUPER LOW 3.2%

Perhaps the reason why there are so many more options for plus sized clothing in America is because of the fact that their obesity rate is the highest in the WORLD.
    Last edited by shmeelady; Thu, Dec 8th, 2011 at 05:03 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Apple Bottoms is a brand, I actually have a pair of jeans from them. (Non-plus sized) SUPER comfy.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gee, thanks for the pep talk on obesity above. Like, I feel so much better now....

So grateful that I'm of sturdy Slavic stock. You seemed to have missed those skyrocketing stats....

Hm, thought this would be a 'safe' thread to discuss plus sized clothes. Well, not so much.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Gee, thanks for the pep talk on obesity above. Like, I feel so much better now....

So grateful that I'm of sturdy Slavic stock. You seemed to have missed those skyrocketing stats....

Hm, thought this would be a 'safe' thread to discuss plus sized clothes. Well, not so much.
    Uh-Oh

**Hug**

My friend works at AdditionElle, and you should SEE the things she comes home with. Most of it looks very odd, but she'll put it on and I'll have a eureka moment.

I used to get my scarfs at AdditionElle, shhh

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Perhaps I should apologize in advance for what I said.
    I have been struggling as a big girl since I was young, in 6th grade I weighed 194lbs, at 17 I weighed 302lbs, at 21 I got down to 189lbs and now... after having a child I am back up at 210lbs. I was just trying to make a point... I don't think this was nice at all ....

"Exactly! Don't those people own mirrors, or have they just given up and don't care anymore? Do they have friends who let them walk out of the house like that?!
    There's such a difference in countries such as Italy...the only people in shorts in the 'downtown' core are tourists! Jeans are only in the darkest wash, in perfect shape, worn with very classic pieces. No wonder they take pictures of people in North America and laugh! It's disgusting what people here feel is acceptable, and a lot of the blame is on the shoulders of retailers here!"

You can't put blame on other people or on other countries for having trendier retail options available etc etc. She was dissing on people who wore "unnatractive" clothing and then putting all the blame on retailers. Comparing European trends to North American trends is kinda silly, especially since the amount of overweight people in certain european countries is far lower than in North America.

I know that for some people it is just how it is, trust me I know, as I have been battling the bulge since I was 9 years old. But for some people, they just don't care...

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Guys,

Apple Bottom is the name of Nelly's clothing label. They make from xxs to 5xl. The brands been around for quite a few years now.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I have a pair of apple bottom jeans.

They have apples as pockets XD, they are really cute and they are MADE for nice big bums like mine.

I may be a size small on top but I will ALWAYS be a size 10 bellow LOL, no changing bone structure.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post
    I have a pair of apple bottom jeans.

They have apples as pockets XD, they are really cute and they are MADE for nice big bums like mine.

I may be a size small on top but I will ALWAYS be a size 10 bellow LOL, no changing bone structure.
    You noticed the butt thing too?!? I put them on and I felt so weird, and they weren't tugging there. I was in heaven Buttttttt they no longer fit me, and they're such a strong denim they don't stretch to me now lol.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

This one is on sale now, grab it while you can!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information