User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Really, Additionelle? THESE didn't sell?!!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Does anyone shop at Winners? They have the extremes there, either uber career woman outfits or Hoochie Mama.

Most of us know to select clothes that flatter our shape, whatever that may be. Some people are more interested in following the latest trends, even though they may need "assistance" to get into some of these outfits.
    Actually it totally depends on where you live what winners has. My local winners rarely ever has anything nice, but when I go to Toronto I make it a point to stop at Winners at Carlu because they have the best stuff! A lot of brands and designer things so it's better to play in the sale section

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    Actually it totally depends on where you live what winners has. My local winners rarely ever has anything nice, but when I go to Toronto I make it a point to stop at Winners at Carlu because they have the best stuff! A lot of brands and designer things so it's better to play in the sale section
    lucky there is little difference shopping in the clearance section vs regular section at my winners. most things are just $2 off
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I actually love AE. It is frustrating to have to go through 23 pages to find one or two things that will actually look good though. I remember a year or two ago when Jessica Biffi was supposed to be designing a line for them I was super excited because she is a plus sized woman and I figured she would know what would look good on someone my size. Nope. It was SO GOD AWFUL.

My DH actually has a lot better luck finding clothes there for me than I do. He bought me practically a whole wardrobe after I had the baby and lost fifty pounds. One of the dresses he got was so nice I wore it to my cousin's wedding and got ton of compliments.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    I actually love AE. It is frustrating to have to go through 23 pages to find one or two things that will actually look good though. I remember a year or two ago when Jessica Biffi was supposed to be designing a line for them I was super excited because she is a plus sized woman and I figured she would know what would look good on someone my size. Nope. It was SO GOD AWFUL.

My DH actually has a lot better luck finding clothes there for me than I do. He bought me practically a whole wardrobe after I had the baby and lost fifty pounds. One of the dresses he got was so nice I wore it to my cousin's wedding and got ton of compliments.
    OOOMG... I was so stoked for the Jessica Biffi line too... Some of it was really different and that's me I tried on the black dress with elastic pleather belt and it was horendous... haha. Made my hips look MASSIVE... no wonder they were clearing them out online for $10 (marked down from $80!!!!)

There was one exception to them all... This jacket... I bought it last year and am still in ABSOLUTE love with it.

I wear it as a crop jacket most of the time though because if i don't it makes me look super boxy. I used my discount on this bad boy.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I can totally relate to this thread! I was a plus sized person most of my life until recently at anywhere from a size 14 - 26 (4X) at my biggest. It was horrendous finding clothing without "foil animals" or flower prints LMAO. I am also a petite 5'3" with smaller hips and legs so finding plus petite pants that weren't too big in the hips or legs, was a nightmare since I am built like a rectangle LOL. Now, I am around a size 8 for the first time in my life but I still have a hard time finding petite length pants that aren't low rise or skinny leg Clothing shopping is a little easier now but not nearly as easy as I thought it would be. I spent my whole life wearing ugly clothes because that is all that would fit and I missed out on developing a sense of style. I resort to looking through catalogs to see how the women dress. It is difficult to adjust sometimes.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnlow30 View Post
    I can totally relate to this thread! I was a plus sized person most of my life until recently at anywhere from a size 14 - 26 (4X) at my biggest. It was horrendous finding clothing without "foil animals" or flower prints LMAO. I am also a petite 5'3" with smaller hips and legs so finding plus petite pants that weren't too big in the hips or legs, was a nightmare since I am built like a rectangle LOL. Now, I am around a size 8 for the first time in my life but I still have a hard time finding petite length pants that aren't low rise or skinny leg Clothing shopping is a little easier now but not nearly as easy as I thought it would be. I spent my whole life wearing ugly clothes because that is all that would fit and I missed out on developing a sense of style. I resort to looking through catalogs to see how the women dress. It is difficult to adjust sometimes.

CONGRATULATIONS on the weight-loss, Hon!!!

That's quite the acheivement!! May we ask how you managed to accomplish that? I'm down about 30lbs, perhaps 10-15 more and I'll be in "Normal" clothes....I'm DONE with shopping in two stores in this town!!

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS on the weight-loss, Hon!!!

That's quite the acheivement!! May we ask how you managed to accomplish that? I'm down about 30lbs, perhaps 10-15 more and I'll be in "Normal" clothes....I'm DONE with shopping in two stores in this town!!
    Thanks I lost about 100 pounds over a year and a half through counting every calorie I ate and logging it online at fitday (there are better programs out now). I just started by making small changes with my food, and I gradually worked in some exercise. I wouldn't recommend the all or nothing approach because it will be harder to stick with. Gradual changes are the key. I was born with fusions in my spine, among other things, which cause a lot of pain so brisk walking is my exercise of choice, not that I want to choose any of it I also recommend the work out videos by Leslie Sansone. They are fairly easy to follow and she is very encouraging! I am not sure if I can post links but the support at a popular weight loss forum helped me immensely. (Google: fat chicks diet)

I am discouraged that I have gained about 15 pounds back since last Christmas but as you know, when you are big all of your life, your body is going to fight against you to gain that weight back. It will be a life long struggle. I am trying to get back on track but I find it more tough this time around since I had a nice "break" for a year by still watching what I ate but didn't count calories. If anyone wants more help with weight loss, or just someone to chat with, PM me anytime

I thought I would be brave and share a before and after pic
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by sweetnlow30; Fri, Dec 2nd, 2011 at 09:13 AM.

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Congrats on the weight loss girl. You look amazing!
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Honey, if I looked like you, I'd splatter my picture all over the net!
    You are beautiful!!!

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

sweetnlow30 - you look a decade younger! That's motivation enough for me!!!

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

Aww, I am blushing LOL. It is bitter sweet that I look younger because I am actually 30 and I still get asked to show ID to buy a lottery ticket. Maybe when I am 40 I will look of age haha.

Updated TL/WL HERE

thelma may
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi sweetnlow30
    First of all Congratulatons. Don't get down on yourself b/c of 15 lbs. I lost 120 lbs and have kept it off for 6 years. To keep it off I have to work at it everyday ....I had to change my lifestyle and the way I ate. It is NOT easy but I just remember what it was like not to be able to fit in chairs with arms and all that other fun stuff. Hang in there and drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruit and veggies. Don't count calories...just eat healthy food everyday! You look wonderful.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congrats! You look amazing and should be very proud of yourself.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    OOOMG... I was so stoked for the Jessica Biffi line too... Some of it was really different and that's me I tried on the black dress with elastic pleather belt and it was horendous... haha. Made my hips look MASSIVE... no wonder they were clearing them out online for $10 (marked down from $80!!!!)

There was one exception to them all... This jacket... I bought it last year and am still in ABSOLUTE love with it.

I wear it as a crop jacket most of the time though because if i don't it makes me look super boxy. I used my discount on this bad boy.
    That's seriously cute....

Sometimes I look round shops and think that a burka is the best choice for a vertically challanged lady with horizonal control issues....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    That's seriously cute....

Sometimes I look round shops and think that a burka is the best choice for a vertically challanged lady with horizonal control issues....

May I steal that line?!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information