User Tag List

Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What do you think trades should be worth 2.0

Trading Score
    150 (100%)

I wouldn't think the Timothy's FPC should be considered anywhere near it's full retail value....if you look at crispiecreme's monthly k-cup thread (and get on the list) you can get a 24pkg for a 5.00 gc. So twice as many as the timothy's coupon.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amoreira View Post
    I traded 3 $5 similac cheques for close to dollar for dollar value in Pediasure cheques. As far as I can tell, HV coupons should be traded with HV coupons, or if trading regular coupons for HV coupons then a higher value of regular coupons should be given for the HV coupon. Now before I get blasted by someone for groupong cheques and coupons together, I am fully aware that cheques are totally different than coupons. However, I believe they should be traded as any HV coupon would be.

That being said though, it seems like a lot of people are trying to ask for too much. I don't think similac cheques should be traded for GC's unless you are trading for 4 of more of them.

I hope this helps.

How is a similac cheque or any other different then a coupon? Don't you redeem it just as you would a coupon at the store?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

FallenPixels, or any of the mods, please, correct the first post! Unfortunately, right now it's really misleading... For the past week I had a discussion about this post many times... The first post is missing the whole line: REGULAR COUPONS. I know what this means, you did post HV, FPC then, but for many traders, and even not newbies, any coupons $50 in coupons for $5 GC, etc...cause "it's mentioned nowhere *regular coupons* "...
    As always, this is a guideline for you to know if a trade is fair, actual trade rates are up to the individual and any trade should be what the two people trading are happy with, regardless of guideline

Regular coupons: cents off coupons, tear-pads, inserts, etc.

$50 'start up coupons' not handpicked by trader - 5 stamps
    $100 'start up coupons' not handpicked by trader - 10 stamps

Hand picked coupons are usually traded at $5 per stamp plus a stamp for postage

$20 hand picked coupons - 5 stamps
    $50 hand picked coupons - 10 stamps / $5 GC
    $100 hand picked coupons - 15-20 stamps / $10 GC
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stacymarie View Post
    How is a similac cheque or any other different then a coupon? Don't you redeem it just as you would a coupon at the store?
    I think she meant cheques are different than regular (tearpad) coupons as opposed to HV coupons ? I could see how that makes sense since you can't just walk into a store and find a bunch. Yay ? Nay?

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    I think she meant cheques are different than regular (tearpad) coupons as opposed to HV coupons ? I could see how that makes sense since you can't just walk into a store and find a bunch. Yay ? Nay?
    Ah, Yes, that makes sense. I thought maybe there was some hidden secret that I didn't know about lol

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i have been seeing a lot of auctions that seem to be out of my budget!

If the going rate should be $50 in handpicked regular coupons for $5 gift cards, then how come ppl are willing to trade $70++ in high value coupons for a $5 tims card?

i'm confused!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

IMO I don't think that Similac Cheques should be considered high value. I see a high value coupon as something that can help you get an item for at least half off or nearly free. Example $3 aveeno call in can be used towards the hand cream that is $3.47, or the $2 OB call in can be used on OB when it is on sale for $1.99 - $2.99. What is so high value about a cheque that gets you $5 off of a $28 can of formula? In the past I have done insane trading for Cheques and I found some people to be completely unreasonable with their opinion on the value of it. $15 in regular coupons for a $5 cheque?! It's not ANY different then a regular $5 off similac coupon... Granted that it comes from the company and might be a bit harder to find but seriously?

On another note, I see a lot of threads that advertise "HV formula coupons". I open the thread expecting to see something like $10 or $12 enfapro only to find $5 off coupons. Perhaps people consider them to be high value because of the demand of formula coupons on this site which is unreasonable. Anyone with a formula fed baby should understand that $5 off a can of formula isn't the greatest deal but it's better than nothing... I think that's where certain people take advantage.
    Last edited by shmeelady; Thu, Feb 9th, 2012 at 12:54 PM.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    IMO I don't think that Similac Cheques should be considered high value. I see a high value coupon as something that can help you get an item for at least half off or nearly free. Example $3 aveeno call in can be used towards the hand cream that is $3.47, or the $2 OB call in can be used on OB when it is on sale for $1.99 - $2.99. What is so high value about a cheque that gets you $5 off of a $28 can of formula? In the past I have done insane trading for Cheques and I found some people to be completely unreasonable with their opinion on the value of it. $15 in regular coupons for a $5 cheque?! It's not ANY different then a regular $5 off similac coupon... Granted that it comes from the company and might be a bit harder to find but seriously?
    Thee bolded rate above I think is nutz.

But, the problem is that there seems to be different definitions for HV. 3$ Aveeno/Neutrogena doesn't make my face cream much cheaper.. but it's still NOT a regular coupon.

I think HV varies with the trader, some coupons are of no value to me (money wise) but seem very valuable to others. And if the definition of HV gets solely based on getting an item for free or close to free, than stackers could deem any regular coupon HV as long as it's a different UPC

For me, whether a fellow trader ends up getting the item for free or just getting $$ off has no bearing on whether I'm going to trade it at "HV".

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

But, the problem is that there seems to be different definitions for HV. 3$ Aveeno/Neutrogena doesn't make my face cream much cheaper.. but it's still NOT a regular coupon.

I think HV varies with the trader, some coupons are of no value to me (money wise) but seem very valuable to others. And if the definition of HV gets solely based on getting an item for free or close to free, than stackers could deem any regular coupon HV as long as it's a different UPC

For me, whether a fellow trader ends up getting the item for free or just getting $$ off has no bearing on whether I'm going to trade it at "HV".

Valid point.
    That's just my opinion, as personally I think trading has gotten out of hand. I simply don't understand how other people can value certain coupons the way they do.
    For example, the whole catelli coupon has been blown out the window. It is now a hard to find coupon which people are trading off at ridiculous rates because people WANT them. IMO they are hard to find because people made it hard to find by grabbing whole tearpads and making them unaccessible to anyone else that wants them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i have been seeing a lot of auctions that seem to be out of my budget!

If the going rate should be $50 in handpicked regular coupons for $5 gift cards, then how come ppl are willing to trade $70++ in high value coupons for a $5 tims card?

i'm confused!

I've seen the same, even a person offering 10 (p) stamps on a $5 card.

We can only assume they received in trade for coupons that where free as well, or person is making up bid to win and doesn't have any.

All i know is a heavy auction tends to have 20 some coupons = $1.08 -> 1.29 for shipping, the FPC's are worth more than the GC in many instances.... and bidder coudl jsut as easily break up 3 FPC's and offer for $3 timmy cards and get a better result in end.

But again, its in the eye of the holder and bidder.

This thread is not stone marking on trades, but gives a basic idea on what to expect. For example a $5 champmans is HV and consider 3 times value, so $15 so is worth 4 postage stamps ( $2.40 - 3 for trade and 1 for envi ) but no one would trade for that, I know i've tried :p ) They want a HV or FPC = value in trade.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    Valid point.
    That's just my opinion, as personally I think trading has gotten out of hand. I simply don't understand how other people can value certain coupons the way they do.
    For example, the whole catelli coupon has been blown out the window. It is now a hard to find coupon which people are trading off at ridiculous rates because people WANT them. IMO they are hard to find because people made it hard to find by grabbing whole tearpads and making them unaccessible to anyone else that wants them.
    I am also a little confused as to why these catelli coupons are so popular. I had a few that I traded just for regular coupons because I don't even buy catelli - the superstore nn brand is WAY cheaper, even without a coupon, and the pasta tastes the same to me lol

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    I've seen the same, even a person offering 10 (p) stamps on a $5 card.

This has left me scratching my head before as well... It makes NO sense whatsoever even to offer even one stamp on a $5 card. Why on earth would I spend money to get a couple bucks back!??

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    I am also a little confused as to why these catelli coupons are so popular. I had a few that I traded just for regular coupons because I don't even buy catelli - the superstore nn brand is WAY cheaper, even without a coupon, and the pasta tastes the same to me lol

Popular because GOOD on any, and just spotted so few out there, and hot item, wait a few weeks and everyone will have them and worth = trade.

The pasta is good and for the price when on sale and coupons is stellar, some prefer the brand over others, while some like yourself prefer store brand.

What i find is funny, if sale on any item this week everything is HV from sales, by the time its mailed to people sale is over and they have to wait for next sale.

I've seen a few list classifying all ss inserts as HV, made me laught and passed on continuing to look at list, as probably wanted a 2-3 trade ratio on normal stuff.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

HV coupons are always HV. The main problem right now, that people are mixing up HV (High Value) and HD (High Demand). For example, $0.75 Cattelli is HD coupon. About HV definition, it's been the same for years of trading: HV means more of a discount than the usual newspaper coupons or tear pads ones, companies mail-outs or call-in coupons, coupons found inside product boxes, or rare coupons you can get from samples, National Women's Show, etc.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    I'm glad you traded them with me...

they were so popular this week because walmart had it onsale for $1 a box. so i got my boxes for 25 cents
    I know that was my motivation to trade for them!

Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread Information