User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I have to share -- so around 2.5 years old tried to start the training process with my little guy...awful...kept trying off and on again (all while feeling the pressure from other people - mom saying why isn't he trained etc etc). So I just gave up. I was really upset.

Well he's 3 now and one day he woke up and came to our room and said "mom, I just used the potty"........sure enough he had! He slept in a pull up for a few nights but but he has never had an accident and today it is offically 2 months! I'm packing our bags as we are going out of town for Christmas and I really don't need to pack any diapers!!!

So if there is anyone else out there in the same boat at me....it really does happen...and it happens on the childs schedule.

Just had to share!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Great news! I was lucky, our son was ready and done just past his second birthday.
    Such freedom!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Daily I pray and pray. DS is almost 4. He's daytime pee-trained and resists all other training. Frustrated is an understatement for how I feel. (We started at 2.5.)

Thanks for sharing your story. Send me your good potty vibes please!

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

i have been trying for the last 6 months on and off..he is just resisting the idea...he is now 3 years old..i hope i wake up one day as you did..send me potty vibes pleaaaaaase!!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yep totally up to them. my son was over 4.. then one day BAM done.!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

congrats!
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

My daughter was the SAME way. I had introduced the potty to her and tried several times, it got very frustrating and I didn't want to make her HATE it. so I backed off, and then one day she just went on the toilette by herself without me even telling her too.. then came and told me. she has been in underwear ever since with less than a handful of accidents.. almost been a full year(she is now 3 and a half) Congrats to you for not having to change diapers anymore YAY!!!! lol
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I'm just in the middle of training our 2.5 son and(knock on wood) it's going really well he wakes up dry and for the most part hasn't had to many accidents.......... but my daughter on the other hand still wears pull-up at night. I guess it just depends on the child

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My DS was about three by the time he got it for daytime. He's five now, and he sleeps HARD. Unfortunately he just does not wake up to go pee; he does not wake up dry, so he's in diapers overnight.

I figure just like the daytime training, it will come.

Good luck!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I think what adds to my frustration is that there are kids programs I would like to put him in and until he is trained, they don't want him. He wants to go out more and more to play with other kids (and I would love to drop him off to spend more one and one time with my younger son), but the tradeoff is, he's gotta get his butt in that bathroom. Sucks, but that is life. I can only hope he "gets it" before preschool starts next Sept. I have no idea what they will accept.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yep no worries.. I was told unless there is a real physical issue that prevents them from being able to go on their own.. they will learn eventually. it just takes time and patience.. and never scold if there are accidents..
    side note to the OP.. take diapers with you JIC.. travelling esp during the holidays can totally throw off anyone.. adults and kids. be prepared for oopsies.. and let them be.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I have 2 boys. One was trained at about 3.5 yrs and now my other son is 3.5 and is trained mostly. Won't tell me when he needs to poo so it's trying to catch him in the act before his underwear are ruined. My first son was the same way. Can't rush them, because goodness knows I tried and tried. They do it when they are ready.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

YAY!!!

We're also potty training our 2.5yr old DS...He's daytime trained at home and out in public, the only place he will not go on the potty is at the sitter's! I have no clue why, we have tried everything (well, to my knowledge)... I'm not sure why he won't go even though he is in underwear while at home and out in public and has never had an accident since beginning of Sept. I have asked her if I can send him to her place in underwear because then he'll know he isn't supposed to pee in his pants, but she said no... I'm at a loss as to what to do in this situation (any suggestions are welcome!)

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

My little guy turned 4 in October and he won't use the potty at all He couldn't start JK this year because of it. He won't even try, even if I leave him in underwear all day. SO frustrating!!!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

my daughter was totally potty trained before 2 years old. My son just turned 1 and I heard boys are harder to train so I am thinking of starting in a couple of months (probably won't work but I tried with my daughter earlier)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information