User Tag List

Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Zellers: 50% off one item, limit one per customer (Dec 26-31)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    As with most others here I agree: This was NOT a "misprint", but rather a bold face lie. If this were the US there would very well be a lawsuit as "Bait and Switch" is illegal.
    There is no legal action we could do against Zellers?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    No Go Jays, its not the associates fault. But I never for a second will believe it was an error. Managers arent supposed to treat customers like dirt.

I was treated like a piece of garbage in Zellers today. I had no idea any of this was even going on.

http://smartcanucks.ca/oh-zellers-ca...i-loathe-thee/
    Sorry to read that, Sally..

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

80,127 thread views and counting.

Ouch!

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkflowergirl86 View Post
    The problem is, that if you've been in a Zellers lately, practically everything is one sale (at least at mine) - from a few cents to several dollars off. The only things that aren't really are groceries - and mine has such a limited selection. (Nothing fresh - cheese, milk etc). So, unless I'm in the market for some impluse buys at the till or a cheap bag of chips, this coupon is pretty much worthless. I even thought of going for dog food and my dog's brand is 10% off!
    I getcha. But there's gotta be some higher and regular priced items of toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, a pet bed, cat litter, big coffee containers, or food items like pizza, ice cream, or chicken nuggets that aren't on sale at all...just throwing some ideas out there!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BaGGedMilk View Post
    I don't know how to go about it - legal action.

I remember Sears had a "scratch and sniff" coupon for up to 25 per cent off, back in the day. Turns out there were no 25 per cent offs printed and the government opened up a can of woop ass on Sears. They apologized and tried to make it right.

Hope Zellers makes this one right.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

What I was told today:

- ALL Zellers locations were faxed by Head Office to not accept the coupon on sale items NO MATTER WHAT, and so the signs went up outside the front doors.
    - We were told on facebook, and then I was personally told on the phone with head office customer relations, that the President has issued an indendim (sp?) and that they are no longer honouring the coupon on sale items as it was an error that failed to be noticed (yep they said this) and corrected until day 4 of the promotion.
    - This was again confirmed by the Supervisor of head office customer relations. When asked for the corporate address and supervisor's name, and explained that they would be recieveing a letter from a lawyer... THEN I was told that of course you can use the coupon! Just let us know your name, phone number and item that you wish to purchase and we will email the specific location for you and you can pay at customer service!

WHAT A HEADACHE OF A DAY!

Don't know if it was worth getting my $300 Christmas tree for $60 or not....
    Last edited by MaddensMomma; Thu, Dec 29th, 2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BaGGedMilk View Post
    I wish I could say yes but I don't think so as the laws are alot more strict in the US about this type of thing. Having said that, no I'm not upset that I can't get already discounted merchandise even cheaper, just upset that this is the continous practice of Zellers and they continue to do it because they know they can get away with it.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Totally not a misprint.
    Someone of Facebook posted this screen cap...
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I wish I could say yes but I don't think so as the laws are alot more strict in the US about this type of thing. Having said that, no I'm not upset that I can't get already discounted merchandise even cheaper, just upset that this is the continous practice of Zellers and they continue to do it because they know they can get away with it.
    It's too bad.. I found out that they are not a Canadian company so it makes me wonder if they can still be held accountable based on the fact that they are now an American owned company.

People should just stop shopping at Zellers, maybe then they will change their tune.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Was just at Walmart and verified with them that there are some inaccurate postings here.

I called the number for customer service and was told, that they saw on the Smart canucks website that we are telling people to call them and that they'll still get the coupon with the sale items - Wrong I was advised so don't waste your time.

Secondly, if you have an HBC Credit Card they advised me that we can use the 15% off for using your card as well as the 50% coupon (just not on sale items) and thus you will get 65% off tomorrow and Saturday only! Still an awesome deal in my books.

Funny as I was doing my recycle walk, I couldn't believe the number of boxes with Zellers tags for stuff I saw at the store earlier this week. I think its a way for the people in the family to get what they wanted for Christmas and not feel guilty for it. Grins.

I am going tomorrow now to do my shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If there is anything legal we could do to Zellers, I want to participate!!

But as far as the coupon goes, the 50% off only applies to regular priced item? I just want to be sure

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

just upset that this is the continous practice of Zellers and they continue to do it because they know they can get away with it.
    I think that people have their limit - they will only take so much and then say "enough". I don't think that Zellers or other large retailers can continue to treat customers like this and get away with it. People are smart and with money tight for some, they won't tolerate poor customer service like this.

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was just about to post that I must say that is a lot of misprints….

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    Totally not a misprint.
    Someone of Facebook posted this screen cap...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I looked around today, some of the regular prices weren't very good and weren't worth using the coupon, but I got 7 items I know were good deals and a couple of them were less than posted price but not on sale. I tried a sale item, no go. I would say their regular prices compared to Wal-mart are about 20-30% more so your saving about that much off most items from competitors prices, which is still good, but you have to know your prices. I will go back tomorrow and Saturday for more stuff.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Worked for me but it was a hassle....

Quote Originally Posted by debragirl31 View Post
    Was just at Walmart and verified with them that there are some inaccurate postings here.

I called the number for customer service and was told, that they saw on the Smart canucks website that we are telling people to call them and that they'll still get the coupon with the sale items - Wrong I was advised so don't waste your time.

Secondly, if you have an HBC Credit Card they advised me that we can use the 15% off for using your card as well as the 50% coupon (just not on sale items) and thus you will get 65% off tomorrow and Saturday only! Still an awesome deal in my books.

Funny as I was doing my recycle walk, I couldn't believe the number of boxes with Zellers tags for stuff I saw at the store earlier this week. I think its a way for the people in the family to get what they wanted for Christmas and not feel guilty for it. Grins.

I am going tomorrow now to do my shopping.

Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information