User Tag List

Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Zellers: 50% off one item, limit one per customer (Dec 26-31)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhilde View Post
    It's too bad.. I found out that they are not a Canadian company so it makes me wonder if they can still be held accountable based on the fact that they are now an American owned company.
    Regardless of their head office ownership status - US or Canadian, Zellers must practice fair business in Canada. I don't think the Canadian government tolerates poor business practices from large retailers doing business in this country, IMO.

mothu's trading list
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I got black pepper for $ 1.50. that is the thing only i can get regular price item. nothing worth it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

For those going in since the "correction notice" was issued, is everyone seeing it posted? As of supper time tonight, it still wasn't at my Zellers and they are still taking it on sale items without the customer having to ask. Just don't know why that is

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Which Zellers?

Quote Originally Posted by leda View Post
    For those going in since the "correction notice" was issued, is everyone seeing it posted? As of supper time tonight, it still wasn't at my Zellers and they are still taking it on sale items without the customer having to ask. Just don't know why that is

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

At mine, I couldn't walk 15 steps without seeing a 'correction notice' tapped to a stand, pillar or counter. They definately got their point across.
    pinkflowergirl86

RRLF most baby related coupons! PM me!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some items I got:

Brita Faucet - $17
    Sirloin Burgers - $4
    Electric Razor - $18
    Vacuum - $50

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhilde View Post
    It's too bad.. I found out that they are not a Canadian company so it makes me wonder if they can still be held accountable based on the fact that they are now an American owned company.

People should just stop shopping at Zellers, maybe then they will change their tune.
    One would assume, BUT when people stop shopping they then go into damage control and put out something REALLY good like this coupon to draw people back and it works. They just didn't think it through and probably realized they were "losing" more money than they intended to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I think that people have their limit - they will only take so much and then say "enough". I don't think that Zellers or other large retailers can continue to treat customers like this and get away with it. People are smart and with money tight for some, they won't tolerate poor customer service like this.
    I agree and by it being on the news it at least gives them a public shaming and maybe they'll will smarten up.

I was in Zellers this afternoon before this fiasco broke as I had one thing in mind if they had it there and they did thankfully. It was a 5 piece wooden folding TV tray set(nice to tuck away for when company comes!) and the reg price was $79.97 so I grabbed it for $45 after taxes which was pretty good.
    Last edited by TaraF; Thu, Dec 29th, 2011 at 11:12 PM.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Well i was goin to us my coupon on pots and pans , or linen, or a tassimo or keurig, i still think 50% of reg price is still a good deal, would of been better if it was the sale price. Can i still use the pdf print coupon yet, i realy didn't see the fb page about this coupon, i just seen it on this sight.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The PDF link is in the first message of this thread.

Edit: just went and clicked on it and Zellers must have taken it down. I'm sure someone on here has it saved as a PDF.
    Last edited by Pinkflowergirl86; Thu, Dec 29th, 2011 at 11:15 PM.
    pinkflowergirl86

RRLF most baby related coupons! PM me!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Im expecting a call from them tomorrow. Unless they make this right I will never post of them in a positive light again nor step foot in their store again. They have made the WRONG person feel like a criminal and a bag of poop.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Im expecting a call from them tomorrow. Unless they make this right I will never post of them in a positive light again nor step foot in their store again. They have made the WRONG person feel like a criminal and a bag of poop.
    i'm sorry i couldn't find your original post... what happened to you that they made you feel like a criminal?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Updated: Thu Dec. 29 2011 18:52:20
    ctvwinnipeg.ca

The retailer's Facebook page was flooded with nearly 600 comments, most of them complaints.

The company, however, said it has posted the correction on its Facebook page, its website and in stores, which is in line with guidelines set out by the Competition Act.
    There's is absolutely nothing on the Zeller's Facebook page, it has been completely wiped. No Apology, no comments, nothing....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DerekOntario View Post
    There's is absolutely nothing on the Zeller's Facebook page, it has been completely wiped. No Apology, no comments, nothing....
    no it has not been wiped, you just have to click view everyone... not just zellers comments

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I hope you let them know that you are a moderator on a Canada-wide shopping site.....

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Regardless of their head office ownership status - US or Canadian, Zellers must practice fair business in Canada. I don't think the Canadian government tolerates poor business practices from large retailers doing business in this country, IMO.
    Of course.. the point I was trying to make is that *maybe* being owned by an American company makes it possible for a lawsuit under American laws. I am not sure if there are Canadian laws that can hold companies like Zellers liable for this. Some people in this thread were talking about starting a lawsuit but no one is sure if one can actually be started.

As for the Canadian government not tolerating poor business practices, I question that since companies like WM are still allowed to conduct business here although customers and employees have died or injured due to health and safety reasons. Other smaller companies scam employees and leave them on the streets when they go bankrupt.. the heart wrenching stories go on..

Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Thread Information