User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks for the update! Here's hoping for the good news you both deserve!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

Mom had her treatment yesterday (Wensday) and it did not go so well.. On her last treatment she noticed on the way home her tongue was swelling nothing to major so she let it go.. This time she told the doc and sure enough it happened again and much faster and worse.. So the doctor says she is allergic to her chemo. I have never heard of this before and I have dealt with chemo with hubbies Mom and sister.. Her magnesium and potassium are very low..
    Ok I just got off the phone Mom is in the hospital!!! She went for her magnesium drip this afternoon and it was very low again along with her potassium was even low than that.. So they admitted her to try to level her out.. Not handling all of this too well.. We lost my MIL and SIL to cancer and weeks before mom was told my uncle was told her had weeks to live he was full of cancer.. I have become very hateful of this word.. Ok got to go and pace and figure out all of this new stuff with mom..
    Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers it means the world to me and mom..

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Im so sorry. really hoping and praying for her.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

oh Gasjoc, so sorry to hear it isnt' going well with the chemo. My friend had the same reaction to her chemo (this wasn't her first time having chemo) and they put her on a bendaryl drip every time she had treatment. As if she (or your mum) need anything else to deal with.

Thinking about you both.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Cancer is a SOB. I pray she improves and continues to beat this horrible disease. Hugs and prayers to you and your mom.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thanks for taking the time to update, certainly cannot be easy to talk about, much less deal with. Prayers for you to have the strength to keep positive for your Mom, as well as for the doctors to find a way to treat her despite the allergic reaction. So sorry also about all the other cancer losses you have had.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Oh hon I'm so sorry this is not going well. Try your best to stay strong for her & also have your breakdowns or crying fits as needed bc they do help to release the frustration. I am sure we all wish we had a magical solution to offer you
    For now just accept hugs from all of us

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

(((hugs))) to you and your mom. I'm thinking of you guys.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I'm so sorry to hear that your Mom is allergic to her chemo, I trust her Oncologist Team will know of an alternative/adapted treatment for her. Thankfully low Magnesium and Potassium can be corrected fairly quickly in the hospital, and thank you for keeping us updated, you and her both remain in prayer.
    Last edited by TaraF; Fri, Jan 27th, 2012 at 08:12 PM.

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

Well Mom is getting weaker by the moment I swear.. I took out a ton of food yesterday in hopes it might get her to eat.. Nothing she looks at she wants to eat.. She can barely walk anymore.. This is killing me.. She is staying positive and is hoping she can get her next treatment next Wensday. But I think her white cell counts will be down again.. Here's hoping I am wrong..
    Thank you to everyone for the support and for listening to me.. Have a great day...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Still praying for her, gasjoc.

Maybe there are nutritional supplement drinks she would be able to tolerate - she needs to keep her strengh up.
    She's very lucky to have you!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

gasjoc it truly breaks my heart to read this, it's such a horrible thing that no one should have to face. EVER. Please speak to her Oncologist and/or Team about nutrition because they will give her what she needs to help her keep her strength up. Believe it or not there are certain foods to avoid during treatment that will give you a loss of appetite as well as not being able to keep anything down, avoiding eating AND being around it when it is being prepared as well.

You both are still in prayer and I send good vibes and best wishes.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am so sorry to hear of your mom's battle with cancer. Sending prayers for you and for your mom.

But what a beautiful and fantastic daughter you are to share the journey with her by shaving your own head. It brought a tear to my eye when I saw the picture of you both. What a loving gesture!

God bless!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information