User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbelinchen View Post
    we are still waiting for EVERYTHING! nothing came yet. it's late this year. :-(

I always find most statements don't come till closer to Feb 28

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ame555 View Post
    I always find most statements don't come till closer to Feb 28
    True, and then I always wait a week after that..for the stragglers...lol
    Wtg to all getting them done early
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
    I have nothing to do today and hope to be half done by noon.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I got my T5007 (ODSP) today & plan to do my own taxes asap! I hear there is no refund for Disability as we get the tax credits...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    I got my T5007 (ODSP) today & plan to do my own taxes asap! I hear there is no refund for Disability as we get the tax credits...
    You will still get the HST credit , Property Tax credit , Energy credit etc .

I think they have now merged the property tax & energy tax credit into Ontario Trillium Benefit program ..you will get monthly checks for that .

http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/en/credit/otb/index.html

Don't forget to fill the 2 Ontario credit forms - ON 478 & ON-BEN

You will get them even if you rent ( don't have to own )

The wording is a bit confusing ..you don't have to live in Northern Ontario or in a Long Term Care ( LTC ) to get the monthly Ontario Trillium Benefit checks
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Thu, Feb 16th, 2012 at 06:56 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Got my T4s in the mail yesterday & filed my taxes. A bit disappointed with my refund this year but it's because I made more than $55,000 for 2011 (I don't miss the job, just the pay )
    Almost all of my refund is CPP & EI overpayment. I was hourly until May when I switched to salary - since it was a different payroll system, everything that I already paid in CPP, EI, & Tax was not carried over; they should have stopped taking CPP & EI off my pay by September based on how much I overpaid

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Glad to hear the T5007's are on there way out! Just waiting for mine then we are good to go! I did a rough draft of out taxes and if Im correct, we will should be getting a very nice return.(Although after bills and fixing our car, we wont see too much)

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Did all 3 family members taxes this year and will be getting my return next week. YEAH!!!!! Money money money! I got my hubby to take extra off his checks so now we get a nice chubby return this year. I Ufiled them and it takes 7 days
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    Got my T4s in the mail yesterday & filed my taxes. A bit disappointed with my refund this year but it's because I made more than $55,000 for 2011 (I don't miss the job, just the pay )
    Almost all of my refund is CPP & EI overpayment. I was hourly until May when I switched to salary - since it was a different payroll system, everything that I already paid in CPP, EI, & Tax was not carried over; they should have stopped taking CPP & EI off my pay by September based on how much I overpaid
    Make sure you use all the tax credits, tax rebates etc available..it should greatly reduce the taxes you paid. You will be surprised how easy it is to miss some of these credits and rebates. More often than not the various tax softwares don't show all the credits and rebates, so its better to check it manually as well

Maybe you cn even look into some RRSP's to get a bigger refund.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Both Chris and I are still waiting for stuff to come in for this year.

We did give our tax guy the stuff to do the business taxes though.

I am still battling RC from last year! I got audited and told I had to pay. Sent receipts in, they accepted some and turned my pay into a refund... But they said some stuff was illegible in the fax, so I have to send in the actual receipts this time. It will be in the mail today.

Still miffed that my "tax guy" apparently did nothing when I told him of the letter about the audit! So I had to do it myself.

I will probably get him to mine and my wifes again this year, considering the business still has to be put in there for me. But next year, will probably do it myself again using tax software since the business is now closed.

Chris has to get his done by his bankruptcy trustee anyways. His should be pretty easy as he has been on accident benefits since March and they are tax free.

Hopefully this years taxes go through without a glitch but I doubt it. I usually get the letter for audit because of my high medical expenses.
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I got 2/3 of our T4's and our rent receipts... all that's left is 1 T4 and the daycare receipts, and to round up the charity receipts, and we're good to go!

Anyone know if the fee for signing your kid up for Beavers counts under the fitness/activity credit for kids?
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter3 View Post
    I got 2/3 of our T4's and our rent receipts... all that's left is 1 T4 and the daycare receipts, and to round up the charity receipts, and we're good to go!

Anyone know if the fee for signing your kid up for Beavers counts under the fitness/activity credit for kids?
    Both federal and provincial ( ON ) give this credit, so apply for it anways..you have nothing to lose. The worst thing is that they will deny it. just keep a receipt and copies of it handy, just in case they ask for it.

Is it like a summer camp or something..if so you can claim it..see below

http://www.taylorstattencamps.com/ca...ss-tax-credit/

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Both federal and provincial ( ON ) give this credit, so apply for it anways..you have nothing to lose. The worst thing is that they will deny it. just keep a receipt and copies of it handy, just in case they ask for it.

Is it like a summer camp or something..if so you can claim it..see below

http://www.taylorstattencamps.com/ca...ss-tax-credit/
    It's Scouts for 5-7 year olds I will ask my mom, she might have a better idea. Thanks!
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I am still waiting on one more T4 slip... I've entered all the other slips I've received and I'm pretty disappointed at the refund this year. I do my own taxes and go through every line too.. but I've maxed out everything that's available to me. I miss getting the rent portions of the refund

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhilde View Post
    I am still waiting on one more T4 slip... I've entered all the other slips I've received and I'm pretty disappointed at the refund this year. I do my own taxes and go through every line too.. but I've maxed out everything that's available to me. I miss getting the rent portions of the refund
    You will get the rent portion as monthly refunds under the Ontario Trillium Benefit..as opposed to a lump sum in previous yearsm

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

another fan of pen and paper here. I love doing our taxes that way. I've done ours for this year based on the end of your pay stubs and they are usually accurate to within a few cents. Once DH's T4 arrives I'll net file them and we'll be getting a nice big refund! YAY for tax time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information