User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: 2012 Christmas Club

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning guys Long time no post, strange how december sneaks up! I found a really cute gift-wrapping idea, those fabric pouches or bags people buy for makeup or get free with a purchase.

Like these:
    Name:  makeup-bags.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  79.7 KB

My local cheaper thrift stores (not value village) have buckets full of these priced at 25 cents to $1 usually, most are unused!

An ecofriendly way to wrap a gift, plus they have tons of uses unlike a paper bag or wrapping paper. Tie a ribbon around the whole package so the recipient can't peek in and you're in business!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Received my first Christmas card in the mail today. I donated my old card holder and was looking for some new ideas. Found this blog entry...15 Ways to display your Christmas Cards.

I don't have much space and wanted to keep it simple so I think I am going to create a tree using the cards I receive directly on the wall with painter's tape. The other ideas are more crafty and fun if you have the space.

http://www.sasinteriors.net/2011/11/...ristmas-cards/
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just puttin it out there, so since this thread has been rather popular (YAY!), when do you think it's ok to make the 2013 Christmas Club, like January 1st, bahahaha!
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bgheuchert View Post
    Just puttin it out there, so since this thread has been rather popular (YAY!), when do you think it's ok to make the 2013 Christmas Club, like January 1st, bahahaha!
    I was hoping Boxing Day so ppl who enjoyed this thread could share their finds for Christmas 2013...I'm not kidding ppl.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Bought my first gifts for 2013 today. Let me duck before your shoot! lol.
    Kitty77, Natalka and thriftygranny like this.
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Nope not going to shoot you. Bought my Grand Daughter's dress for Christmas next year. I wonder if there is a 12 step program for the Christmas obsessed!
    Kitty77, Granger and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Nope not going to shoot you. Bought my Grand Daughter's dress for Christmas next year. I wonder if there is a 12 step program for the Christmas obsessed!
    I'd only join if you do. lol. The first step is admitting you have a problem...I'm still shopping...no problem here.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Did anyone get good deals on wrapping paper? I only went to three stores: Carlton cards in the mall and two local shops. We took the two little ones to the mall and agreed only one store each (so it would be fun and not long and drawn out for them and spelled each other off). We did lunch in between so the little people were happy. My husband spent his gift card to Bluenotes. I did the local shops when the kids were napping after the mall on my own, nothing there.

Carlton had lots 75% off. I got a couple of ornaments for gifts. There cards were only 50% off, BUT they had the perfect set for us so I picked them up (It has a dog driving a VW Beetle through the snow with a Christmas tree strapped on top...all of our vehicles are VW including a '64 Beetle).

I was hoping to find some nice wrapping paper for a good deal, but there was none to be had...just stuff equivalent to what I could buy at Dollarama (which is fine for the price and purpose). Anyone find any nice wrapping paper deals? My sister suggested Wal-Mart, but that will have to wait for another day as we have friends visiting from BC today and a rehearsal dinner and wedding Fri. and Sat.
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Dec 27th, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I purchased a Scooby Doo ornament for my son yesterday for next Christmas (lol) - die hard frugal shoper here (lol)!
    Kitty77, Granger and thriftygranny like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I am stocked up on paper for next year but I bought it the week before Christmas at Michael's as it was 75% off cheaper than the 70% percent they were offering yesterday~I did buy a lot of bags at Walmart today and they were fine for the purpose. If you have a Winners try there I usually love their paper. I did buy a ton of Aveeno gift sets today they were marked down to 7 something and I printed the J&J 5.00 coupon wub 2 so it was a great deal. There was also another $500 coupon in the boxes so carefully took them out and went back and got some more!! I guess tomorrow is the fabric store I want' to make some sexy aprons for my daughters for next year and of course Christmas PJ fabric. Here I go again!!

Quote Originally Posted by kw01ai View Post
    Did anyone get good deals on wrapping paper? I only went to three stores: Carlton cards in the mall and two local shops. We took the two little ones to the mall and agreed only one store each (so it would be fun and not long and drawn out for them and spelled each other off). We did lunch in between so the little people were happy. My husband spent his gift card to Bluenotes. I did the local shops when the kids were napping after the mall on my own, nothing there.

Carlton had lots 75% off. I got a couple of ornaments for gifts. There cards were only 50% off, BUT they had the perfect set for us so I picked them up (It has a dog driving a VW Beetle through the snow with a Christmas tree strapped on top...all of our vehicles are VW including a '64 Beetle).

I was hoping to find some nice wrapping paper for a good deal, but there was none to be had...just stuff equivalent to what I could buy at Dollarama (which is fine for the price and purpose). Anyone find any nice wrapping paper deals? My sister suggested Wal-Mart, but that will have to wait for another day as we have friends visiting from BC today and a rehearsal dinner and wedding Fri. and Sat.
    Kitty77 and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Doing some knitting for next Christmas, nice to do while the tree is still up. Almost have a sweater and cap set for granddaughter done and finished some knitted dish cloths. Enjoy reading all your posts.
    Granger and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

From the inspiration in above posts, I will indeed start the new 2013 Christmas Club today, it shall be entitled "2013 Christmas AA Club", HAPPY POSTING
    Granger and thriftygranny like this.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread Information