User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What is really considered a deal?

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hi Everyone,

As we all know we are all trying to find the best deals posssible and trying to get as much as we can for less, but I just wanted to know what do you all consider a deal when you take into account, time, gas and other things.... I price match but I also like to go to every store to see what else is out there. (tear pads, sales and other deals) I drive my DH nuts LOL! Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Wed, Mar 14th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Well, buying it cheaper than you would can be seen as a deal, but yes, gas etc is a factor too - I price match less these days since I went to the stores and checked for coupons anyway, so may as well share the business around, saves on angry cashiers who are annoyed by you taking coupons and buying little or the one who has to do all your price matches

I have personal willing to pay prices, if its below that I will get it, if its well below, I will stock up - but if I want/need something, I won't go without it just because I want a deal
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I agree with you on that as well, yes, am i willing to pay full price for something if it isn't on sale and I don't have a coupon if i need it? Of course. But in regards to price matching at one place now i am pretty good with the cashiers, like I will say Hi and be friendly to them and ask how they are etc. I will also have all my coupons on top of each product and I let them know I am price matching ahead of time. I do try and make it as easy as possible.

But most of stores are close by us but i guess were my DH is coming from is if you can price match all your items at one store, use your coupons why not? and it saves on gas lol. But i like to go everywhere.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Wed, Mar 14th, 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Me too, and if I didn't go to different stores, I wouldn't find the coupons to use
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

LOL I know, I tell my DH I need coupons so I have to hunt lol.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I am a fairly new couponer, but I planned both my trips based on store sales. I gathered up my flyers, my coupons and decide what were the best deals,l what we needed most and planned a route. I take all my coupons with me though and on my 2nd trip I was very happy I had! I found Kashi Bars an clearance at SDM and used a coupon I didn't have prepared. I think you have to be a little flexible when couponing too (but hey I am so new! LOL) And yes, I take gas & time into consideration. I am also keeping a chart of my savings and it far outweighs the gas for each trip so far.)
    Last edited by amandalee76; Wed, Mar 14th, 2012 at 02:56 PM.
    Natalka and frugalgirl14 like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

LOL I am new at this to, I am like you I like to take all the fylers, all my coupons and go to the stores that have the sales. But I guess it just saves time when you price match.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I plan my trips too. I don't go out of my way. I am trying to match coupons with sales. I do this every Thursday (when our flyers come out). Put the list and coupons in my wallet. When I am in the area of the store...I go in. That said, I am very happy when I get my bill down to 40 - 50%, and I love free things! :D
    I love the Swagbucks FREE Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/breylormom

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

Since I started couponing, I just hate paying full price but when we run out of things that aren't on sale, I have no choice. I try to stock up when I can. I guess a deal can mean different things depending on the person and their couponing resources. Some people are happy to save a few dollars here and there where others hold out until it is almost free. I know those out west can sometimes get better deals due to stacking (lucky ducks LOL).
    I consider a really good deal when something is on sale and a coupon further reduces the price to less than half of the regular price. I like to stock up when I feel like the price is the best I will see before my coupon expires.
    Since I don't drive, I try to price match at walmart once or twice a month when I feel my savings make it worth paying for a taxi to get home. We usually shop at Freshco but we are limited to price matching two of each item so I don't stock up as much.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

With a baby and a toddler, I can't get around too much. I ended up price matching at WM today. Saved the hassle of having to stop/load cart with kids more than once.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You also have to factor in whether you can make use of all your deals. Product rotation in your stockpile is important, says the woman (moi) who just organized her pantry and found a few surprises....

PamperedChefgirl
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Sometimes you can spend a lot of extra time without meaning to by going to different stores.

I was at No Frills in one town and the Renee's Salad Dressing was $3.99 there. I knew that for the past few months (if not year) that Walmart had it for $2.99. The trip was a little out of my way home but I figured it was worth it to save $3 on the 3 bottles of salad dressing I needed.

When I got to Walmart I saw that the Renee's Salad Dressing had GONE UP to $4.49!! I was NOT impressed but I was already there and needed to get home so I bought it.

Next time if I'm saving less than $5 and it involves a detour of more than 10 minutes I will think more carefully about it. Time is precious being a single mom.

Just updated my trade list! Would love to trade with you!
    Last edited by divinedivagirl; Sat, Mar 17th, 2012 at 08:06 PM.
    I really really need grocery FPCs & coupons!!! Happy mom of 3 young children
    Will trade $50 in coupons for a $5 Amazon.ca e-gift card OR $100 in coupons for $10 grocery gift cards!
    Earn FREE Amazon.ca gift cards by searching!http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/divinedivagirl

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I am fairly lucky as all the stores are within a five minute drive from my place. I have a great cashier at 3 of my stores so I will pricematch what I can. If there is a great deal and I want to stock up, such as my .25 catelli pasta if my sobey's didn't have it and I wanted to get 10 or 15, I would go to the next sobey's that is about 10 minutes away. You need to see what deals you can get in your area, then, when you are running low, you can start looking for a sale to try and at least match your last price if you can. I too, hate paying retail or only 10 or 20% off, but if I need it, I will purchase it.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 08:12 PM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Well my older son knows if I can't use a coupon or a good sale he is out of luck.......he is very sad Bistro's and Bistro Sliders are no more after March 31 lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information