User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 12 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Amanda: 6hrs in the store???? Is she nuts??? Taking hours to check out? I don't have that kind of patience whatsoever! I feel for her husband.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

OMG! I wish I could tape this...its totally sick! How rude was she in the store? Poor husband, he even gave her his man cave. Insurance for the stock pile...omg...wow
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I do have to admit that I can relate to her euphoric feeling when I gaze at my electrasol collection I wish I had a wall full of powertabs
    Last edited by blackpup; Thu, Dec 30th, 2010 at 01:31 AM.
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

Trading Score
    176 (99%)

The first girl I thought did have a hoarding type disorder. I can't believe she spent 6 hours checking out. The thing that made me the most sad for her (and for her dh) is that this seems to be her entire existence - the only thing that makes her happy.

The second girl wasn't too bad. So funny about the cashier profiling! Young men cashiers - haven't many of us said the same thing? lol

I loved the 3rd lady. So friendly and helping other people coupon. Walking around picking up coupons from neighbors. She was great.

Nathan is a weird one. He seems like a nice guy - the only one who donated anything, but I agree with previous posters. Who the heck needs 1000 body washes, 1500 deoderants and how many thousands of toothbrushes? Why not donate those as well?

I WISH cashiers could scan coupons here in Canada too. That would make everything soooo much simpler.
    Andrea
    My Blog: http://andreasfitness.blogspot.com

I joined Swagbucks and made $25 in 3 weeks! Its so easy! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rhiannon1891

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Lots of new members in the cute pet & baby contest. The deadline was on the 29th...

Trading Score
    422 (99%)

haha too funny, it's from me telling everyone I know about smartcanucks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Ohhh I see! That explains it I think!
    Does this mean we'll be getting extreme coupon'ers now (as if we didn't already have any hehe)
    Looking for $1 off Pampers or Huggies wipes

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

It's awesome how their stores double the coupon's value.
    I don't understand how they can eat all the salad dressings/cereal etc. before they expire. I understand they said they donate to the food bank but there were still a lot on their shelves.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

honestly if extreme couponers like the people on the show donated frequently i dont think there would be a single starving person in the world (:

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

i honestly wish canada would be the same as the us when it comes to couponing if this was ever to happen i dont think i would ever ask for anything else :D

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's crazy the first lady who's husband said they had extra insurance on the house and she spent $70 to buy coupons from a coupon clipping service that's not saving money.The man who was buying liquid handsoap I think he said 60 at $0.30 each.He had lots of liquid handsoap in his stockpile.He's just tieing up $18.00 in liquid handsoap that could go to buy something else.What about the state taxes on some of the items they buy?
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Dec 30th, 2010 at 11:44 AM.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i feel sad for the first lady.. she has let the couponing and the getting the deals take over her life.. she's slowly shrinking her home due to all her excess stockpiles from couponing.. they have insurance on the stockpiles higher then on everything else they own.. what should be a sign for her.. she cries when she talks about all she has given up due to this addiction but she has no plans on changing it

the second one i found the lady nice she's upbeat and happy her kid takes part in her couponing she has a sizable stockpile but it's all in 1 area and it doesn't overflow into the rest of her home and her life she keeps her stockpile organized.. and i think they hit the nail on the head for alot of couponers with stockpiles.. i'm sure many of us who have stockpiles were once at a point in our lives where we couldn't afford to buy shampoo, laundry soap, razors, where we were in a grocery store and had to put things back because we couldn't afford it so our stockpiles are sorta like our safety net to prevent that situation from happening again

the third lady.. i liked her.. she doesn't stockpile, she doesn't bulk buy... she saves her money happily using coupons.. she teaches others how to use coupons she'll chat coupons in store (and i can see her the type to hand coupons to people in store) she collects coupons from random people who save them for her (which is also a great social thing) and she enjoys the shop.. she doesn't plan her life around the stuff

the the guy wow.. just WOW.. thats just extreme special ordering things to use coupons on
    Last edited by Midnightly; Thu, Dec 30th, 2010 at 02:32 AM.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

just watched the show and it made my eye twitch a little!!

some of the points were GREAT and others were just scary...

6 hours in a check out? wow!! I feel that my time is money and to have to wait that long for stuff I may or may not use ... WOW!!
    I loved how the last guy donated all that cereal but really what about everything ELSE?? HELLO do you really need 300 toothbrushes? I'm pretty sure they will go on sale again!! ( I did like his point about how when he first got married they were in debt and now they aren't .... I love that)

my mom watched the show and was freaking out
    "you're never allowed to get that way" lol
    MOM, that scares me!! lol

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm watching a clip from abc about it, I'll have to find it online soon, I don't have TLC

I agree with people who say Nathan is nuts, I applaud him for having 3 years worth of TP, that's crazy but reasonable, but the dressing and all that is just a bit silly. TP doesn't go bad, but lots of the other stuff he didn't donate will, long before he gets to use it.

I don't like that Joanie brought her small child along and put him in the dumpster. I don't know if it was a paper-only dumpster or what, but people throw things in there that shouldn't be, I remember getting cut on glass when looking in the recycle 'dumpsters' for cardboard for forts as a kid, even though it was supposed to be paper and cardboard only in there.

I love couponing a lot and I love saving money, but I wouldn't ever skip out on plans with my hubby to go shopping. Material items, cheap or not, shouldn't ever come before a husband or wife.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't watch it yesterday, is this on every Wednesday now?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I think Nathan has a website too. I saw part of a website on the side of his car.

I'm sure he's also the guy that had hundreds and hundreds of packs of jello during the show about a year ago.
    Last edited by Insane; Thu, Dec 30th, 2010 at 02:49 AM.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 12 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread Information