User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi guys,

I went to Shoppers this morning and it seemed like they didn't have their new prices up on the shelves yet. I figured it wasn't a big deal, I knew what was on sale, had a list, etc...and figured the cash register would be updated.

Anyways, long story short, I got home and checked my receipt - half the stuff is wrong! I've tried my best to catch the errors, but I was wondering if someone could please look it over and verify that I'm right? I'm in BC too if that helps

Thanks so much! Also, has anyone had this bad of a receipt before? How should I go about getting it fixed. Do I bring everything back, or just take in the receipt? Does it have to be the same store? PS - this is the 2nd time the store in Langford has gotten my receipt wrong...same lady too!

This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

Wow, what a mess! Looks like you're getting a bunch of stuff for free today, thanks to the scanning code of practice

Did you buy the eggs that were supposed to be 2/$3? Eggs were $2.49 on your receipt. Or were they not on sale for that price in BC?
    Last edited by Jeniana; Fri, Dec 31st, 2010 at 01:17 PM.
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

*facepalm*

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Do the sales start on Saturday or Friday? Sorry I dont know much about shoppers.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I just checked the flyer for Duncan, Vancouver Island which is the same flyer as for you in Langford and Victoria, and yes, your prices are correct...here is the link to your flyer starting today, and some of your items are on a 2 day sale that started today :

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/eflyer.aspx

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I would actually call the store manager first and ask how they want you to proceed, and mention SCOP too, lol..bringing in just the receipt might be good enough.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

Yes, similar thing happened to me before. I got money back, but I did not ask Scop. I feel they may not like me to shop there if I asked the scop.

You can just brigh back the receipt, they will refund your money.

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcao View Post
    Yes, similar thing happened to me before. I got money back, but I did not ask Scop. I feel they may not like me to shop there if I asked the scop.

You can just brigh back the receipt, they will refund your money.
    Please don't be shy when it comes to SCOP! SCOP is a policy the store agrees to follow, so never feel bad about asking them to honour it. Think of how many shoppers paid the wrong price before you noticed - they probably overpaid by more than the price of the free one you're getting. Having to give away a free one might motivate them to fix the wrong price.

There is nothing wrong with knowing your rights when shopping, and I doubt they would not like you shopping there just because you wanted them to honour a policy they have agreed to follow. And even if they don't want you there because of it, do you really want to shop at a store that doesn't care if it's ripping off customers anyway?

I'm not saying you won't ever be hassled when asking for a SCOP - I was once at Sobeys, but I wrote a polite email and I got a gift card out of it! I wasn't looking for anything, I emailed them to ask for clarification of their policy, and they went above and beyond.

But I think it's worth it to speak up and mention the policy - if they don't want to honour it, they shouldn't say they follow it.
    Last edited by Jeniana; Fri, Dec 31st, 2010 at 01:51 PM.
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Holy smokes that is an awful mess. What time did you go shopping? Maybe they hadn't changed the system over yet.. but still ouch, I hope you get a lot of money coming back to you.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Same thing for me. I went at 10:00 a.m. and none of the prices were up. I also have $4.59 item charged at $10 on my receipt but if I go back and have them correct it, I will lose my 20X points. (I asked for a sub-total and when she said it was $54.98, I decided not to purchase the last item in my cart.) The store was a mess, many items had no pricing on the shelf. They really do need to install scanners for customer use at SDM as they have ongoing issues with incorrect pricing.
    Last edited by DianneS; Fri, Dec 31st, 2010 at 02:11 PM.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I smell SCOP all over this receipt. Actually no one should not feel shy to use it. Bringing it to their attention will smarten them up.

It seems this particular employee is making the mistakes - or is it maybe this particular SDM has not updated the prices in their computer?

Remember each SDM is a franchise, and the franchise owner should keep on top of things. I hate getting overcharged. For the one person who catches the overcharge there are at least 20 more who never ever check their receipts - especially the younger crowd, the busy mums, the professionals etc - who are trying to get their shopping done so that they can attend to other important things, just to get overcharged - grr!

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Same thing for me. I went at 10:00 a.m. and none of the prices were up. I also have $4.59 item charged at $10 on my receipt but if I go back and have them correct it, I will lose my 20X points. The store was a mess and they really do need to install scanners for customer use at SDM as they have ongoing issues with incorrect pricing.

Yes indeed what a mess! Its their error, so they should actually give you the 20X points - grr. Maybe if you add something worth the $5.41 (10-4.59) difference and the total would still be over $50.00 then they should let you keep your points.

Actually I would just call 1 800 Shopper and explain to them and sometimes they are really helpful.

Good luck!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I completely forgot to mention that I DIDNT get my 20x points either!!! Defintely going in today. Can someone help me with the SCOP? How do I bring it up? Thanks everyone, you're all so helpful!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amymichelle2 View Post
    Hi guys,

I went to Shoppers this morning and it seemed like they didn't have their new prices up on the shelves yet. I figured it wasn't a big deal, I knew what was on sale, had a list, etc...and figured the cash register would be updated.

Anyways, long story short, I got home and checked my receipt - half the stuff is wrong! I've tried my best to catch the errors, but I was wondering if someone could please look it over and verify that I'm right? I'm in BC too if that helps

Thanks so much! Also, has anyone had this bad of a receipt before? How should I go about getting it fixed. Do I bring everything back, or just take in the receipt? Does it have to be the same store? PS - this is the 2nd time the store in Langford has gotten my receipt wrong...same lady too!

Wow ..that's lot of mistakes . You need not take all the items back with you ..but to be on the safe side atleast take the items which have a pricing error back with you so that you can return them if they give you a hard time

I would definately ask for a SCOP for all the inconvenience it has caused you ..now you are spending your time & gas to go all the way back that too at this time of the year ( Holidays )

You seem to have atleast 30 Bucks in SCOP - Free Money on your receipt

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amymichelle2 View Post
    I completely forgot to mention that I DIDNT get my 20x points either!!! Defintely going in today. Can someone help me with the SCOP? How do I bring it up? Thanks everyone, you're all so helpful!
    I'm shocked that you didn't automatically get 20x points!! Your receipt shows a subtotal of $65 and change - did you use coupons to reduce your OOP?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information