User Tag List

Page 1247 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 247 747 1147 1197 1237 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1257 1297 1347 1747 2247 ... LastLast
Results 18,691 to 18,705 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

1:40 Cash Grab = Dave

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by whomeno View Post
    kenrod, that's a real bummer about losing those points, especially when you had to really scratch to get em

i used to really like jeff and carly on the q....wish they would come back! does anyone know where they went?

btw, what actually happened to jack? i very seldomly tuned in and i've only heard people comment about them being gone....did they turn out the lights, or just change their flavour of music?

yup, i remember those erotic traffic reports....what a laugh!

They changed formats to a pop/"mix" type station owned by Rogers (not virgin as I stated earlier) Virgin owns 99.9 as stated by Owdatoon (Cheers Owdatoon for setting my straight)
    Last edited by NOTLER; Thu, Sep 10th, 2009 at 02:10 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by whomeno View Post
    kenrod, that's a real bummer about losing those points, especially when you had to really scratch to get em

i used to really like jeff and carly on the q....wish they would come back! does anyone know where they went?

btw, what actually happened to jack? i very seldomly tuned in and i've only heard people comment about them being gone....did they turn out the lights, or just change their flavour of music?

yup, i remember those erotic traffic reports....what a laugh!
    From what I recall Jack changed their programming to compete with CHUM FM...to try and attract younger listeners...all the RAP, HIP-HOP, shot my baby bang bang stuff...mourning (intentional) DJ's jumped from Jack to CHFI when they changed their programming, then the DJs jumped to Virgin 99.9, sounds like a hockey team always changing their players...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks notler; i guess i won't bother tuning them anymore

ok, here's a small newsflash for ya's (i found on the lake website)

bruce springsteen and the e street band have announced they're playing the hsbc arena in buffalo on 11/22...tickets on sale 9/12.....hmmm, just wondering if they might come up the qew and play for us again....?????

thanks also owdatoon for the jack info..
    Last edited by whomeno; Thu, Sep 10th, 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

a quick Wiki search says that Jack (CJAQ) and Kiss (CKIS) just swapped call signs. Jack is now in Calgary and Kiss is in Toronto at 92.5 (top 40) .. not to be confused with Kiss 98.5 in Buffalo.

Confused? I am!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for all the words people

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlesmokeybearr View Post
    17 HOURS AT WORK AND COUNTING, and I have to come back aT 3AM. oHHHHHH!!!
    i've been workless 17 days
    ya wanna share some of yer hours

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

at least jack sent me (plus 3 friends) to the blue rodeo concert last year...
    front row seats, meet and greet !!!
    ...even managed to get in on the beer and sushi party before the concert and the afterparty (not really part of the prize, but they were being nice to us)
    This was one of the last contests that had been offered. The format change happened before i picked up the tickets, but fortunately they were already at the usual pickup location
    Last edited by bluewaterwitch; Thu, Sep 10th, 2009 at 03:31 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh yeah, remember Jeff's photo blog? It was kind of fun, he did the points thing and all...
    He still has one of those...just for fun no...

http://jeffchalmersphotography.com/wordpress/
    Last edited by bluewaterwitch; Thu, Sep 10th, 2009 at 03:40 PM.

putt
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by NOTLER View Post
    I think Mike Tyler came from Y108 or 97.7 or both. I really did Like Carly on the air in the afternoon. I really did like Jeff and her on Q and even when she was partnered with Kim they seem to do alright by me. I don't believe that Kim has the "stuff" to do the show by himself. He is not bad but I just feel he could benefit from a partner, someone to keep the conversations rolling.
    Remember her redinitions of Erotic traffic reports?
    i love kim's show just the way it is! he's intelligent, funny, and has a soothing, calm, easy-to-listen-to voice...he sounds like a real guy...a real musician.

now some others...???

selena; double meow on the psunday's frosting!

i like alex hindmarsh because he speaks properly, ie the word: mirror. why do people say "meer" ? "meer, meer on the wall, who's the most beautiful girl of all?" i don't think so! and "wh"; what happened to the "wh" in white,; where? uh, uh! i feel a rampage coming on. 'wh'ale, not wail.

to hear "sherbourne" pronounced as ''sureborn"...eek! i just want to, oh i don't know, slit somebody's you know. i won't say it but i think it. one more little item: i gasped when i read the front, or second page of the sun's mini-me free rag today ..."there family" screech!!! their! gdi! their.

there, there now putt.
    Last edited by putt; Thu, Sep 10th, 2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: p of i

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by putt View Post

i like alex hindmarsh because he speaks properly, ie the word: mirror. why do people say "meer" ? "meer, meer on the wall, who's the most beautiful girl of all?" i don't think so! and "wh"; what happened to the "wh" in white,; where? uh, uh! i feel a rampage coming on. 'wh'ale, not wail.
    Alex is great. Back when I worked afternoons, I won something from him. I can't remember which prize it was, but it was something substantial, not your typical movie premiere. He seemed like a genuine enough guy, and we'd been chatting back and forth through e-mail about Bon Jovi, so I decided to leave him a little something as a thank you. I had recently acquired a bootlegged DVD of a concert they had done from a small theater in New York City to promote the Bounce album a few years earlier, so I asked the receptionist to see to it that he got it.

The next time I won something, as I stopped in to pick it up, and Alex recognised me from Facebook, and stopped to say hello and thank me for the DVD. Now, pretty much any time I'm downtown and he's on-air, I drop in to say hello, and he'll invite me to come in the booth and chat for a bit. (lol, this has been especially cool when I've been on a date with someone who happens to be a fan of his, hahahaha)
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i gotta agree with seleena and putt....andy frost is definitely hands down the best on the air...purrrs and meows from me too!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by putt View Post
    i love kim's show just the way it is! he's intelligent, funny, and has a soothing, calm, easy-to-listen-to voice...he sounds like a real guy...a real musician.

now some others...???

selena; double meow on the psunday's frosting!

to hear "sherbourne" pronounced as ''sureborn"...eek! i just want to, oh i don't know, slit somebody's you know. i won't say it but i think it. one more little item: i gasped when i read the front, or second page of the sun's mini-me free rag today ..."there family" screech!!! their! gdi! their.

there, there now putt.
    I hear ya Putt. It doesn't help that my in-laws are off the boat from England. So I get it all the time. They have only been here for 30+ years, ASSIMILATE ALREADY!!!

One of the things that drives me nuts with my kids is when I say something to them and they answer "wha?" ITS NOT "WHA", ITS PARDON!!!! I know they are only 6 and 4 years old but come on, get with the program!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluewaterwitch View Post
    at least jack sent me (plus 3 friends) to the blue rodeo concert last year...
    front row seats, meet and greet !!!
    ...even managed to get in on the beer and sushi party before the concert and the afterparty (not really part of the prize, but they were being nice to us)
    This was one of the last contests that had been offered. The format change happened before i picked up the tickets, but fortunately they were already at the usual pickup location

I've won about 4 concerts from them in the last 6-8 yrs
    of course I did have to do a fear factor thing in order to win one set of tickets

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ohhh putt .. so I shouldn't say "your the best", huh? teehee!

But seriously, you're awesome when you blow a fuse!

Thread Information