User Tag List

Page 65 of 114 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Like Tree1095Likes

Thread: SmartCanucks undergoing upgrades and more...

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Like the air marshal in the us that confronted an irate passenger at an airport in the us that claimed to have a bomb in his bag. The air marshal kept telling him to back away from the bag or he would shoot. The guy then proceeded to stick his hand in the bag and said again leave me alone I have a bomb in my bag so the officer shot him. Then everyone started moaning that he shouldn't have shot him. No of course not don't shoot a guy that claims to have a bomb in his bag in a busy airport as he sticks his hand in the bag, yeah thats right let him blow up the airport,lol.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Sat, Apr 7th, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    But its really the users responsibility to check the privacy policy but I guess thats just me. I still don't know how it effects privacy that they have anonymous user data not linked to you personally. Too many people complaining about every damn thing under the sun is what gets on my nerves,lol.
    There wasn't a way to access the privacy policy until I brought this up. The privacy policy was also only updated about this new ad choice when this was brought up. I brought it up to protect SC, as I knew that they needed this disclaimer. I mentioned a mass pm only to cover SC as well.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    But its really the users responsibility to check the privacy policy but I guess thats just me. I still don't know how it effects privacy that they have anonymous user data not linked to you personally. Too many people complaining about every damn thing under the sun is what gets on my nerves,lol.
    and I don't mean in this thread or anything, I just mean in general lol.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

To me, anyone really aware of privacy issues is well aware of Google privacy issues, and the jargon being sent to all users will just lead to confusion. The Privacy Policy is there in the footer to view if people want to see it (and it rarely gives all the jargon on the main page for a freebie, just a link too) and new users will get a link when they sign up.

My bottom toolbar seems to be broken since the hide button was moved to the bottom, I had it set to autohide, its showing and I tried clicking the hide button again but it won't go away
    cabmonk likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    There wasn't a way to access the privacy policy until I brought this up. The privacy policy was also only updated about this new ad choice when this was brought up. I brought it up to protect SC, as I knew that they needed this disclaimer. I mentioned a mass pm only to cover SC as well.
    No I get that and that was good to make sure the link is up, I'm talking about people in general that find everything possible to complain about. They're the ones that ruin things and make things harder and harder every day. You can't make jokes, can't do anything anymore because something somewhere will offend someone. Make a joke about an apple, apple farmers will sue you now its getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Sat, Apr 7th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elayjosh View Post
    still would love a link in quick links or profile to see all my threads and all my posts not just recent ones.
    Sometimes I want to checkout a post I made and now it is impossible to find.

I am trying to find my post about the green arrow for flyers and I can not find it.
    I didn't look to find your post, but krypontit3 fixed it and it now showing a green symbol similar to the refresh symbol - I will whine at Boo for something that screams 'flyer' more obviously though
    elayjosh likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by feetfrown View Post
    5 Blue Stars = 1 Pink Star
    5 Pink Stars = 1 Yellow Star
    5 Yellow Stars = 1 Blue Heart

You need 750,000 reps for a blue heart

I also noticed reps aren't working in the notifications
    Thanks!
    Now can someone explain the maple leafs?
    feetfrown likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Maple Leafs are based on the number of posts you have
    Natalka and feetfrown like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Thanks for all the hard work to upgrade the site!!
    Must be a huge amount of work. It hasn't gone unnoticed!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    and now the pull down menus are not working for me off the top green bar, is it broken or is it just me again?
    Seems to be ok now, or at least it drops down again lol.
    Patty Smyth and FallenPixels like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The number on notifications seems to have a strikethrough or a downward arrow through it?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    The number on notifications seems to have a strikethrough or a downward arrow through it?
    Yeah I noticed something there to..no biggie but would be good to see it fixed.

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

Originally Posted by elayjosh
    still would love a link in quick links or profile to see all my threads and all my posts not just recent ones.
    Sometimes I want to checkout a post I made and now it is impossible to find.

I am trying to find my post about the green arrow for flyers and I can not find it.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I didn't look to find your post, but krypontit3 fixed it and it now showing a green symbol similar to the refresh symbol - I will whine at Boo for something that screams 'flyer' more obviously though
    I would still like a way to find my posts & threads.

I would love a prefex like they did in the train section.

The little refresh area is pretty sad looking.
    Last edited by elayjosh; Sat, Apr 7th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Notifications aren't working for my reps!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    Boo could you please address the use of ADchoices/ADsense on SC?

ADsense was replaced by ADchoices. You can clearly see ADchoices in the ads displayed on SC. They are one in the same.

Click on one of the ADChoices links on an ad on SC (it may say ADchoices or just be a blue triangle). You will clearly be brought to an ADsense Help page explaining privacy, and information about ADChoices and ADsense.

Google recognizes the number stored in your browser on the DoubleClick cookie, and shows ads related to the interest and inferred demographic categories associated with that cookie.

Could you let the users know (as it's a privacy issue that requires a disclaimer), or find out more info on this ad choice for SC. I did bring this up before but it wasn't fully address.

Thx for all you hard work Boo.

I did not touch/change anything about Google Adsense... it's been the same since 2006!!

And I have a privacy policy in the footer. Did you read that? How else am I supposed to let users know??
    cabmonk and GoJays like this.

Page 65 of 114 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast

Thread Information