User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: The Dreaded Computer Virus Scam Call

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Again......

Twice last week. Both from "Roger" , both times I explained we didn't use Microsoft and could I be taken off the call list.

On Sunday "Peter", we don't have a PC ...please put me on the do not call list....

Yesterday..."Roger" Mr Penguin answered and explained we use Linux and to put us on the do not call list.

I'm getting tired of this aggro. I'm concerned one of our girls will answer and start the process, even though we have told them several times to not do anything without checking with us first...
    This thread is currently associated with: Microsoft
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Thu, Sep 3rd, 2015 at 06:55 PM.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

my gf got a call like that and she reported it to the police. If they ever call me I would record it and try to get all the info from them plus I use linux too.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

ugh I hate those guys.

The first time they called my father answered the phone (I live at home to care for my dad while he has cancer). Dad used to be a senior manager at a very well known computer company, in the computer security end of it. So if anybody knows computer security, hackers and scams, it's my dad. He told the guys that he knew they were a scam and to stop calling. he hung up on them. THEY CALLED BACK! He yelled at them and hung up again.

They called again a week later. I got it. I said I knew they were a scam and hung up.

They called again a week later again. I got it. At this point I'm getting pretty few up with them. I ranted, screamed, swore and told them to put me on their do not call list.

They called AGAIN a week later. I picked it up but this time it was dead air. So I said "Hello? HELLO? HEELLOOOO???" and finally some guy picked up. I didn't even wait to hear who it was. I just yelled into the phone that I didn't want whatever they were calling about and to put us on their do not call list. I hung up.
    I barely got the phone back in the cradle when they called BACK! I picked up the phone and didn't even say hello. I just snapped. I yelled at them that they were in violation of the CRTC because I'd told them to put us on the DNC list and they called back. I also said I was going to call the RCMP and report them as well.
    The moron on the other end starts screaming at ME! "I'm going to report you to Microsoft! You have a pirated copy of Windows! I'm going to report YOU to the RCMP!"
    I started laughing and said "Go ahead a**hole. Go right ahead. Have them laugh at you when you reveal who you are and they put 2 + 2 together and figure out the scam, where you're from and who you are. Go right ahead. Get yourself arrested." I then hung up.

THEY CALLED AGAIN! About 4 months later. I just picked up the phone, they said my computer was sending out virus messages. I just spazzed. I freaked right out. I lost it. Let's just say I told the guy some interesting things he could do to himself.

Those guys piss me right off. I'm glad the scam has gotten a lot of airplay on the news because the less they're able to scam people the quicker they'll finally go away!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have gotten this call twice, one at my home and one at my work. I hate these guys! They called me when I was home on my day off. This is how stupid they are. My husband and I just got a new house. We were still in the process of moving our stuff in and didn't even have the internet yet in our home, just a phone line. They call and they of course say my computer has a virus on it and that I am sending viruses. First off i knew this was a scam, and second, we had no internet or computer lol. So I played with the guy a bit and said "OH MY GOD!" that is awful!....one problem, don't have a computer or the internet, he then quickly hanged up lol.

They then called me at my work LOL. I work for a technology company so when they called I said listening, your calling a technology company, and we know what your doing and we are going to call the police. They then quickly hanged up!

Best thing to do is say your going to call the police, they wont call again after that. But I have been getting calls were there is dead air??? But for the most part if they call long distance, we don't pick up the phone, that is what an awsering machine is for.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
    seylz_gurl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Gee Thanks for all of this Information, fortunatley I have not been harrassed, I just get those damn people that want to Clean the AirDucts

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have received this call twice. The first time they said my computer was sending out virus messages for approx 2 weeks. I told that was very strange because I just got my computer back from the shop that day, and they had it for 4 months (which was true, only it was my brother that was fixing it). He was insistant that my computer that had a busted hard drive and wouldn't even turn on was sending viruses (and hadn't been on because we didn't buy the new hard drive for 4 months). LOL. The second I just said I have a top of the line virus protection and hung up. LOL.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scottie54 View Post
    Gee Thanks for all of this Information, fortunatley I have not been harrassed, I just get those damn people that want to Clean the AirDucts
    I haven't gotten any of those calls either but, people calling for stuff like cleaning air ducts, servicing furnaces, and any other household maintenance are even more dangerous in my opinion. If one agrees, they are inviting perfect strangers into their homes. If I need a service, I will call a reputable company for it; I don't need anyone calling me.

It's also strangers that come to the door that creep me out. My dogs solve that problem for me though.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

They have been calling our house for moooonths. Several times a day. I have yelled at them, hung up on them, been as rude as I can to them...and they don't go away!!!! Once I tried being nice and telling the guy that I was busy and heading out, and that if I had any problems, I would speak with Bell. He practically started yelling at me that I didn't care about my computer, and how could I not have time for it.....blah, blah......it's not my child, it's a comp....and you're a scam!
    Anna Michele and CheriBomb like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I can't wait to get this call!!! I'm gonna waste so much of thier time asking them stupid questions! If someone gets this call again give them my number! lol
    janetta, nwf1946, GoJays and 3 others like this.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i usually tell them i don't own a computer.. that often shuts them up... but i had one keep insisting that i owned a computer, a laptop which i had bought a few years ago (isn't that practically everyone??) and i told him no and that i know he was a scam and i was not letting him access to my personal info and hung up.. well they called me back started yelling at me how i was a evil horrible person and that he has a family to take care of and i'm taking food out of their mouths blah blah blah.. really.. swearing and screaming a sob story at me is really going to make me more open to letting you scam me
    AnnieP likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think I had this call once too, but we have a Mac, I told them so and I have been lucky enough not to get a call back. Then again, I rarely answer the phone anymore, it is either for the kids or these sorts of things. My one son won't talk to anyone that can't pronounce our last name and hangs up in their ears

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Some of you may have already heard this telemarketer prank before, but if you haven't you might enjoy this

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Tbites, my teenagers thought that was good!

Ilovecoupons!
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I've received these calls a few times as well. The first time, I was yelling at the guy on the phone and he said he was going to call me every day. I hung up on him and he called me right back. Luckily, I had turned the fax machine on so all he heard was the loud beeping from the fax machine! LOL. Now every time they call (every couple of months), I say "computer? what computer? I don't own a computer!" and they just hang up on me! No use in arguing with them since they WILL harass you. I think they may be calling from another country so they get away with breaking the "DO NOT CALL LIST" rules!
    Wanna Join WagJag? àhttp://www.wagjag.com/?wid=32ea912f41ea7fd17f7c8a136779b461<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Wanna Join Groupon? àhttp://www.groupon.com/r/uu20943525<o:p></o:p>

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

OMG! I haven't laughed so hard in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Some of you may have already heard this telemarketer prank before, but if you haven't you might enjoy this
    CheriBomb likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information