User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: Anyone else trying to lose weight? What is or is not working for you?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

wow congrats to all of you.. I started my diet plan beginning of April. with walking every night for half an hour..then slowly removing food that just wasn't working for me.. and increasing foods that did. worst was chocolate, chips, pop.. OMG I don't even miss it .. really. I get the odd craving but then grab something small but powerful in crunch/taste.. and voila its gone.. as well I've started filling up a 16oz bottle with ice/lemon and cold water. i can easily fill that 2-3x a day. this week I started my exercising. going slowly as not to aggravate my back. i started out with only lasting 10 minutes. and finally made it through on Wednesday through the whole thing.. sweating it i was.. it felt great.. and man the sleep im getting at night...zzzzz
    I have to lose appr. 20-30 at least. im 5'2'' and 152.. its not good.. i've lost 2lbs this week just combing the food control/exercise and water. its amazing how your body reacts when you treat it so well and then if you slip OI! Ive noticed my 'bloat' belly is gone.. im hoping to increase my exercise next week to include a longer cardio workout as well as weights and rubber resistance.
    I'd really love for my family to notice even a little difference at my sons party next month.. especially considering a comment my mom made last week.. when I thought she was being genuine..ya not so much.. so that was incentive enough for me to just do it. plus I'd love to be able to go the beach and put the tankini on that i've had for like 2 years.. as well were going to a birthday pool party in 2 months so.. ya.. many incentives.
    anyway. its crazy what I see ppl throwing in their carts at the store.. and Im thinking man do you have any idea how much sodium or sugar is in that.. I stick to the outsides of the store now. its a little more expensive but worth it. and if you keep track of the sales.. you can PM and get better deals still.
    AmberLab, aussie and DH666 like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Way to go! Incentive seems to work magic for many - my doctor scared the heck out of me;
    she meant well but the thought of me not being around to collect old age pension; well you
    know! I'm limited for exercise but you're so right about walking; sleepin' like a baby these days.

Keep up the good work and know that there are many of us cheering!!
    DH666 likes this.
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i started off at 210 im 180 now and still want to lose at least 50lbs. I run daily and do interval training ( weights and stuff) I also try to do zumba in the afternoon. And am also eating 1200 calories a day with no snacking after 7pm. i eat only white meat, hardly any dairy and no sugar or salt. and 8 glasses of water plus green tea before and after every meal. Im also taking medication to help me lose the weight quick. ( was prescribed by my doctor)
    Patty Smyth, DH666 and lecale like this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    130 (96%)

I started at 235. and I'm down to 201. I want to get to the ideal weight for my height, so i have another 70 pounds to go.
    My reasons are health rather than vanity.
    In Feb of this year I was diagnosed with uterine cancer and had to have a hysterectomy. The doc said change your lifestyle or the chances of the cancer NOT coming back are slim to none.
    I am doing the insanity workout, and I am getting some pretty amazing results!
    harbie, Patty Smyth, DH666 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Whew! I finally lost the 10lbs that I found in Florida and am back down to my 30lb loss. There. I said it. Now I can't go back to where I was, ever!!! I'm doing WW, and it just works for me, and I can't really exercise, so it's slow and easy for now....Good luck to everyone trying to shed fat!
    Patty Smyth, DH666, lecale and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lynn wtg!! ( that stands for Wine-To-Go btw, )

All kidding aside, so nice that you are back to where you want to be weight wise.
    I only lost 1 lb this week, but I am fine with that as I have not walked the route since June 7 ( and replacing that with walking from the fridge to the computer multiple times somehow did not serve me well)
    To everyone else still having success, post and let us cheer you on!!
    Lynn49, DH666, lecale and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Men Coupon Too!
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Been a while since I replied in this thread, my weight loss has been very slow but it's working!!! Thanks to MFP and portion control (and realizing that I can't eat fast-food or I have to enter it into my log!!) has helped me lose 7 lbs so far! From 183 to 176, HURRAY

Extra special to me, because I've NEVER lost weight in my life... been steadily gaining since I was a teenager... this is my first time losing weight and I'm stoked!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Whew! I finally lost the 10lbs that I found in Florida and am back down to my 30lb loss. There. I said it. Now I can't go back to where I was, ever!!! I'm doing WW, and it just works for me, and I can't really exercise, so it's slow and easy for now....Good luck to everyone trying to shed fat!
    Good job! I've been thinking about doing WW. I also can't really do much in the way of exercises due to my chronic back pain, so love seeing that it still works without killing yourself at the gym!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

Wow, congrats to all of the success stories, you are amazing people.

Not that I was trying to actively lose weight, but I was trying to get healthier and my naturapath doctor thought it would also help with my depression and anxiety issue, along with a ton of other digestive issues, I started a diet called the "blood type diet". I have lost the 36 lbs that I have been carrying around since I had my children, and it even more surprisingly it did work on my anxiety and depression, I am no longer on medication for either.
    harbie, Lynn49, lecale and 2 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I am trying to lose 60 pounds at the least. I was told I have high cholesterol last month so I asked if I could try to lose the weight before being put on a pill again. So far I have lost at least 11 pounds. Well that was a couple of weeks ago I do not have a scale at home lol

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I won't say what I currently weigh but let's just say it's "weigh more" than I want to or should be

DH and I have taken up walking. We just started one day walking to Starbucks for a late and kept walking and it has progressed to our biggest day of a 15k (in 2 parts). While I have not been really controlling the diet portion I have managed to loose approx 2-2.5lbs in just a tad over 3 weeks just by walking and DH has gone down 1 belt notch in the same amount of time.

We walk together as a way to spend time together and away from the TV,computer and cell phone. The only other voice we hear is the walking app I downloaded to my phone to keep me updated on our progress. Not only is it a great way to de stress and get fit but also to be able to talk to each other.

We started off on flat roads only with a good pace. Then we started to climb "hills" which were nothing but sight inclines but I was huffing and puffing and ready to call 911!!! Now we hit the HUGE hills and don't stop til we reach the top and while I am sweating like a pig in a sauna I can do it and I feel great! Finally I can do things like run up the hall stairs and not feel like my heart is going to explode outta my chest! It is amazing just how fast your body adjusts to exercise and how it craves pushing yourself one more step of intensinty.

Our walk rountine varies but it mostly looks like this:
    *puppy only comes on the 3k walks and on my recycle walks I only quickly glance at the tops of the bins and if I don't see something quick I just walk on by

Monday- I walk 3K with the pup alone DH works and walks at lunch
    Tuesday- same as above
    Wednesday- I try to do the 3 K and when DH comes home at 3pm we like to do approx 7-9K before dinner
    Thursday- I try to rest
    Friday- We do a 8-10K starting at 6am (that's my recycle walk)
    Saturday-We do 10-15k in 2 parts
    Sunday- We both do a 3-5k

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I would love to go 100% vegetarian but I'd be voted off the island if I ever announced to my family that we should give up meat. LOL. In the meantime, I bury as many beans and lentils into the things that I cook. Certainly in the past year we consume a lot less meat than we did previously. However, I am still a sucker for a good all beef hamburger. Try as I might (and believe me, I have tried!) I cannot seem to make a decent vegetarian burger from scratch that compares with its meat counterpart.

Correction: a decent vegetarian burger, I CAN cook. Getting my family to eat it is the real issue. Picky old farts.

Well, I lopped on an extra 15 pounds last winter. Even though I'm still within a healthy BMI, I was at the higher range and frankly, I wasn't satisfied with my appearance. It was juuuust enough of a weight gain to force me to buy new clothes. Ugh.

I tried taking up walking (about 6k a day) but it wasn't enough on its own. Guess my body burns things differently now at 40 than it did at 20. So I started training myself to run a 5K. I alternate running days with biking days. Surprisingly, my weight has remained the absolute same...but my skirts are looser at the waist than they were before. Go figure. It's a slow process but I'm starting to see results.

For me, the biggest kicker is drinking lots of water, (hehe I could park my mouth under the water cooler!) and not snacking at night. The snacking at night was not good for me.

I am definitely going to try myfitnesspal though. That sounds like a useful resource!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponcrzy View Post
    Well I am trying to lose 60 pounds at the least. I was told I have high cholesterol last month so I asked if I could try to lose the weight before being put on a pill again. So far I have lost at least 11 pounds. Well that was a couple of weeks ago I do not have a scale at home lol
    Here is a product that will help your cholesterol. It's cheap and natural and it works for me. I know it says diabetes, but it's also good for cholesterol.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/amla-versus-diabetes/

Even dried fruits can help to.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/drie...s-cholesterol/
    lecale likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

WTG everyone. i've continued my ice water/lemon water bottle.. filling 3-4 x a day. appr. 8 glasses a day.. as well as constantly moving. or doing some sort of exercise first thing in AM.. so far without much effort i've lost app. 6-8 lbs. im feeling the difference already. its quite the incentive to keep it up. the hardest part ive found is once you've trained your body to eat healhty it actually doesn't tolerate junk at all well.
    Lynn49, DH666, lecale and 2 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

so I had to post here...i have lost 17 pounds..just buy not eating junk food and walking more
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information